If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

When memory cards lose their place...

King Luca BlightKing Luca Blight MemberFull Members
edited October 2003 in Role Playing Games
Well I had a nearly complete voice collection from Star Ocean 2 and some important places in Suikoden 2 saved and my lovely memory card decided for me that I didn't need it.

*spends next life time collection voices*

Comments

• GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Jeez Luca, its just useless data. As long as you know that you got the voices, then that's all that matters. Why would you need it...are you trying to prove something to someone?

That's why I never keep my RPGs. As long as I play and beat them there is no point in keeping them, whether someone believes me or not.
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Unless, y'know, you want to play them again at some point.
  • King Luca BlightKing Luca Blight Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Heh, yeah I had Ashton with tri-ace which took many hours of hiding myself from the light.
  • Happy HoboHappy Hobo Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    You mean you can play them more than once? wow.gif
    I feel like I just won the lottery!
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Unless you own a Phantom, then you have to rebuy the game every time you want to replay it.
  • Daemonic_AngelDaemonic_Angel Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I kind of know where KLB is coming from... but My card didnt lose the data, it got corrupted, and as far as losing Suikoden 2 data you cant use it with 3 if you dont have it...
    edited October 2003
    Heh I was completing the Clive quest, but that isn't as hard to pick up as the 1000s of voices I had and the ubersoldiers I had for characters.
  • Daemonic_AngelDaemonic_Angel Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    When I first heard of Clives Quest I thought it would be impossible but now that I have done it I know I could do it and Get all 108 Characters in less than 17 hours.
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    These PSone games are good, but they're not fun to play twice. Too long, and they just don't hold that spark of "excitement" that the older games have. Plus, you would need alot of time on your hands to play these PLUS all the new ones that are coming out.
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Growlanser @ Oct. 25 2003,21:22)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"These PSone games are good, but they're not fun to play twice. Too long, and they just don't hold that spark of "excitement" that the older games have. Plus, you would need alot of time on your hands to play these PLUS all the new ones that are coming out.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    What!!! You have to play Star Ocean 2 more than once if you want to see all the characters...not to mention 80+ ending that I will probably never attepmt to get. Suikoden 2 never gets old...it's my fav game.
  • Lin MayuLin Mayu Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Growlanser @ Oct. 25 2003,23:22)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"These PSone games are good, but they're not fun to play twice. Too long, and they just don't hold that spark of "excitement" that the older games have. Plus, you would need alot of time on your hands to play these PLUS all the new ones that are coming out.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I feel the same way. ?I think, though, that the older games have that spark of excitement simply because I was younger when I played them. ?When you get to be an old geezer like me, everything is "been there, done that."

• Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forums Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Happy Hobo @ Oct. 25 2003,19:26)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"You mean you can play them more than once? wow.gif
    I feel like I just won the lottery![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    LB is just kidding. It's like saying that you could watch again an anime DVD you bought.
    PSN ID: MaxDeltree
  • RosewoodRosewood Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I don't have any precious saves that I would be sorry to lose. Then again I've never spent more than 80 hours playing any game, unless I restart a game I quit in the middle several months ago and can't remember a thing about, in which case I just delete the old saves anyway. I can see that it'd be painful to lose a save of a game where you've spent hundreds of hours collecting all the collectible widgets, though.

On the side topic, I've never completely replayed through a game, although I keep everything that I liked even one little thing about, just in case I run out of other stuff to play, I guess. The games that go on the trade-in pile are ones that were too much for my manual dexterity (like Frequency), ones that I knew I'd have to entirely go through with a walkthrough, so what's the point (Advance Wars) or ones that I hated everything about (like Golden Sun).
  • UncleGamerRPGUncleGamerRPG Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I've never had that happen where I've lost precious data due to a faulty memory card, I just hate it when it can't be read and says it needs to be reformatted. MY PLAYSTATION IS NOT WINDOWS SONY!!!