If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

This one goes out to the RPGamer-staff

edited September 2002 in Site & Forum Support
This is absolutely the most outstanding RPG-site ever. The best way to describe it is... everything's here! All that I ever wanted to see is actually here (within the RPG-genre, of course)! Keep up the good work, guys! God bless you all.

Pssst... by the way, I'm from Sweden. smile.gif

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2002
    I'm with swedish dude. This site rocks! Got the best coverage on all the best(and even the worst) RPG's.
  • keele864keele864 Member Full Members
    edited July 2002
    I agree. I come here every day
  • DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited July 2002
    There are other RPG sites?! tounge.gif
  • DravenNightcrawlerDravenNightcrawler Member Full Members
    edited July 2002
    what??!!?? since when??!!?? i never noticed.... oh wait, you men those crummy little sites i've heard horror stories about?
  • Options
    edited July 2002
    Yea.... THOSE ones.... I will agree with Draven as well. No other RPG site comes close to even comparing to the greatness that is RPGamer.
  • ViperViper Member Full Members
    edited July 2002
    I remember when this site was a crummy little one.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited July 2002
    I know...

I remember the site that kinda spawned this one--that was The Unoffical Squaresoft Page (and ye RPGamer staff...I know the backstory full well, Paws told me the real story)

And it stunk at first--as you put it Viper--b/c the only games it had at first were Square games that were carried over from that page. Not that's any reflection on how it is now...the staff's worked hard and gotten up the games that were missing. Good job you guys!
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
    edited July 2002
    Square.net was the site that spawned into this one (If I remember correctly). Then there was a site before Square.net, and that only covered Square games too. But, I can't remember the sites URL. I must be getting old. sad.gif
  • AlienaAliena Member Full Members
    edited July 2002
    I agree with everyone. This is the site I always come to for anything gamish I'm looking for...info, screenshots, etc. It's great! And I love these message boards too!
  • The Chosen OneThe Chosen One Banned Banned Users
    edited August 2002
    I agree biggrin.gif

Im only a member on one other rpg site and forum and thats the terra arcanum one cos I love that game so much smile.gif

To compare the two sites this one is much nicley set out (this is not a bash to the terra arcanum guys should you ever read it but hey, take a lesson)
    wink.gif

My favorite thing about the site is the nice colours and smiley faces HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEEEEHEHEHEheheheeee biggrin.gif tounge.gif smile.gif wink.gif
  • OxideOxide Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    I like this site, I don't surf it as much as RPGFan but it's still cool. It gets my vote for second best though.
  • MalboroMalboro Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    Agreed RPGamer and RPGfan are the best two. biggrin.gif
  • TheBudTheBud Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    RPGfan has a lousy forum, all that trouble to get registered, and then you realize the community isn't even worth it. I've never been flamed so hard for voicing my oppinion in quite a while.

I've been visiting here just a few days, but I like it here, pretty friendly guys we have here. I'll surely post here more often.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited September 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Viper @ July 29 2002,16:29)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Square.net was the site that spawned into this one (If I remember correctly). Then there was a site before Square.net, and that only covered Square games too. But, I can't remember the sites URL. I must be getting old. ?sad.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    The old address was http://www.dragonfire.net/uosshp/. There's nothing there now, of course, as DragonFire closed down over a year ago. ^^

The Unofficial Squaresoft Homepage, which AndrewV changed to Square.net, which then evolved when I took it over into RPGamer. Someday we'll have a History page too ;>
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
    edited September 2002
    Heh, FireMyst if you put up a history page, I won't be able to brag about my useless knowledge of the past. ?wink.gif