If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Nomura Discusses Kingdom Hearts Titles

AletheaAlethea MemberFull Members
edited November 2003 in Latest Updates
The man responsible for giving Sora large shoes and an abundance of metal accessories recently sat down for an interview to talk about his favorite subject: Kingdom Hearts.

Nomura Discusses Kingdom Hearts Titles

Comments

• Yamiji KyotoYamiji Kyoto Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Cool, so Square-Enix plans on making this into another one of their series. Very cool.
  • AaediyenAaediyen Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Nomura is the one that puts all the zippers, chains, straps and leather on all the characters right? That freaks me out.
  • MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aaediyen @ Oct. 29 2003,15:39)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Nomura is the one that puts all the zippers, chains, straps and leather on all the characters right? That freaks me out.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You're not alone.
  • Daemonic_AngelDaemonic_Angel Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I dont know about all of you but i like the fact that they will continue using Sora as the main character.
  • Options
    edited October 2003
    Nomura pointed out that the series is not like Square Enix's successful Final Fantasy series. While each Final Fantasy features a new cast in a new world in every game, each Kingdom Hearts game will continue the story of Sora.

Gee, I sure am glad Nomura pointed that out to me. Really, I mean, I certainly wouldn't have figured that out by myself at all!
  • The Emperor KingThe Emperor King Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    wonderful news!!! there's goin to be even MORE kingdom hearts games *drool drips from mouth to floor*! SAAWEEEET!!! i just wish they were all for the ps consoles instead of gba; i dont really use the one i have.
  • AaediyenAaediyen Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    What does it matter how much you use your GBA as long as you have one?
  • AletheaAlethea Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Nomura pointed out that the series is not like Square Enix's successful Final Fantasy series. While each Final Fantasy features a new cast in a new world in every game, each Kingdom Hearts game will continue the story of Sora.

Gee, I sure am glad Nomura pointed that out to me. Really, I mean, I certainly wouldn't have figured that out by myself at all![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

While this may seem like stating the obvious, there is a reason why I put this in the news story. It's to answer to all the fans who have been saying, "Wow, I hope the next Kingdom Hearts game has Riku as the main character" and "I wonder who will be the main characters in the next Kingdom Hearts title." Nomura was just pointing out that the games won't have different main characters. Every single game will be about controlling Sora.

And about those chains and zippers...I actually thought they were a bit excessive but creative. The only thing I didn't care for was Sora's huge yellow shoes. I noticed in the screens for KH2 that he has smaller shoes, so I won't have to deal with those huge feet stomping and slapping everywhere.
  • RumikoholicRumikoholic Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Um... Sora wore a wetsuit. Of course it'd have a zipper on it. And, I secretly think the one on Donald's head is because his feathers make his scalp sweat. He can just unzip it when it's hot and still keep his style. tounge.gif

Nomura's clothing designs are actually really popular in Japan. A lot of those chains and clothes have been remade and sold as high-end fashion pieces. You can buy everything from Tidus' pants to Squall's Griever ring to fancy, silver-plated watches besed-off various FF themes. all of which are designed by Nomura. And the majority of the people buying them over there aren't even dorks!! Can you believe it?! ...Me either... -_-
  • Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forums Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Well, I bought Squall's necklace, but I'm a dork. tounge.gif
    PSN ID: MaxDeltree
  • Daemonic_AngelDaemonic_Angel Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I want to buy one but i just havent...
  • RosewoodRosewood Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rumikoholic @ Oct. 30 2003,10:03)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Um... ?Sora wore a wetsuit. ?Of course it'd have a zipper on it. ?And, I secretly think the one on Donald's head is because his feathers make his scalp sweat. ?He can just unzip it when it's hot and still keep his style. tounge.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Do ducks sweat? And if they do, do they sweat on the tops of their heads?... (Do ducks wear little sailor outfits?) Hee hee, I liked the reasoning there.

I enjoy Nomura's designs although I'd like to see him get off the zipper/buckle/belt track once in awhile.

Knowing that Sora will be the main character in the ongoing KH is good news in a way, but I also worry that there'd be a tendency for the story to stretch out too thin if the series remains popular for long.
  • Ashy PhoenixAshy Phoenix New Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    Yeah, there is that danger of the series stretching thin. ?But I think we're in good hands for Chain of Memories and KH2 - they seem to know what they're doing (although I'm much more excited for KH2).

It's nice to see that Disney, disregarding their checkered past (such as that blip in the original little mermaid tounge.gif) is willing to let the series take a darker turn, and let Nomura take the reins. I have a feeling we're in for quite a ride.
  • magusat999magusat999 Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    I begrudgingly picked up this title, thinking it would be kiddish, and found it to surprise me with it's juicy goodness. I didn't even think about Donald and Goofy as well, Donald and Goofy, they were just fighters. Didn't bither me a bit! I am excited about a sequel (could care less about some old GBA cr*p, but looking forward to the PS2 one) but there are a few thinkgs that irc me. It sounds like this thing is going to be constrained within the "Sora universe", I would rather have seen it expand. Not to exciting to visit the same old places - unles there are double the amount of new places. I didn't hear anything about Mickey - I want to fight with Mickey or some other Disney characters! Maybe even a swap system, but this time they can be used anywhere. Remember "<span class="spoiler">Mickey was located in the end of Kingdom hearts, so why not include him in the new crew?</span>" I don't like the fact that just because Nomura is the character artist there aren't other Square characters in it. Square owns the characters, he's just an employee, that is no excuse for no having FF characters from "non Nomura games". All he needs to do is draw them the way he interprets them; since it revolves around kids, why not put the Chrono Trigger cast in it - wouldn't that be fun? And why not add the summon monsters from Square games - isn't it a Disney AND Square production??? If I had a hand in designing it, this time they would be travelling through different Square worlds, with an emphasis on Square characters. That would only be fair! In any case, it should still be a great game and I cant wait (it's not like SquareEnix is going to put anything else out anyway).
  • ViandrotoViandroto New Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    I truly CAN'T wait for KH2... & Chain of Memories(Gotta pick it up, cuz if you don't you lose a chunk of the story, since CoM continues from where you left off in KH... And KH2 takes place 2 years after)... I really like Sora's new look, kinda going a little big more gothic... And ooo, how he's grown! I too, hope too that we can use Mickey or other characters... I'd like to have a party this time, rather than just 3 characters... That's probably the biggest thing that irritated me, hearing Donald & Goofy's screaming/yelling and other crap... Those voices get surprizingly annoying after they've repeated the same crap about 15,000 times... Oh god! I hope they fixed the camera angles... Let alone Donald & Goofy getting in my way CONSTANTLY... You have no idea how many times I tried to out run them ;-; But they ALWAYS found me... Guh! It's like they had some sort of GPS tracking system on me... I sure hope the 3 characters sitting on the ledge of a building are playable characters... Mmm... Wouldn't it be sweet if you could have Sephy or Cloud on your team? ::drool:: Now that will NEVER happen... Or WILL it?
  • Options
    edited November 2003
    I saw on one site that Kingdom Hearts 2 is not coming out in Japan until December 2004. Does anyone know if this is true or not? It seems like it shouldn't take THAT long for the game to come out in the states, let alone Japan.