If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

To the Admin/Moderators

prescitedprescited MemberFull Members
edited October 2003 in Site & Forum Support
Just out of curiosity I was wondering if the RPGamer message board ever has any updates. Eye candy, message board skins ect...

Comments

• agentflitagentflit Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I've been here since february, and the only changes I've seen were the removal of the dragon warrior section, and the addition of the handheld RPG section.

Not to say nothing else could happen...
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    This should be in the RPGamer sub-board.
  • prescitedprescited Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I would like a private post counter for my personal knowledge, and why I say private is because everyone would become a post ****, and try to outbeat each other in posts.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Well I doubt you'll get your wish, since the counter was removed for reasons I no longer wish to tell anymore.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Heh. ?It's my fault that it's hidden. ?I mentioned that we could still see our post counts in PM's and profiles. ?As a result, LB hid them there too.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MonCapitan2002 @ Oct. 28 2003,00:02)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Heh. ?It's my fault that it's hidden. ?I mentioned that we could still see our post counts in PM's and profiles. ?As a result, LB hid them there too.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    *cries*
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited October 2003
    If you really want an estimate of your post count, just multiply your PPD average with the number of days you have been here.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (prescited @ Oct. 27 2003,23:57)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I would like a private post counter for my personal knowledge, and why I say private is because everyone would become a post ****, and try to outbeat each other in posts.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    And with a private one, they'll just post about it, put it in their sigs, make a screen capture of their post count an avatar.?.?.?.
    edited October 2003
    Only someone like you Rico would think of such a thing. wink.gif
  • THEDARKONE4THEDARKONE4 Banned Banned Users
    edited October 2003
    If you just joined this month, how did you know about the post count whoring? sarcasm.gif
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Because post count whoring is a problem at many a message board?

Anyhow, stupid request. I suggest you just drop it, prescripted and don't waste your time. Rest of us, come on, no need for our comments here. It was addressed the the mod/admin squad.

*poofs into a peanut and makes his way out of the topic*

Dracos
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (prescited @ Oct. 28 2003,01:25)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Only someone like you Rico would think of such a thing. ?wink.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Perhaps because it's my job to think of such things?
    edited October 2003
    Rico: 1
    prescited: 0
    tounge.gif
  • JessiahJessiah Banned Banned Users
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rico @ Oct. 28 2003,10:59)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (prescited @ Oct. 28 2003,01:25)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Only someone like you Rico would think of such a thing. ?wink.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Perhaps because it's my job to think of such things?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Someone takes their job to seriously...
    edited October 2003
    RPGamer's servers aren't that mobile, even if I knew where this town of Seriously is located.
    edited October 2003
    Rico: 1
    Jessiah: 0
    laugh.gif
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (THEDARKONE4 @ Oct. 28 2003,12:45)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Rico: 1
    Jessiah: 0
    laugh.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Lets grow a spec of maturity, and try once to stay on the topic. wink.gif
    edited October 2003
    I think the post count doesn't matter. It's just a post count. If you really want to know your post count, then do what MonCapitan2002 said.
    Why would you even ask? If they took it off, then they are pretty decided that they want it off. You aren't going to change their minds. mad.gif
    But please don't argue, I really don't want to get banned.
    edited October 2003
    We'll I was just wondering, because I havn't found any other site with a forum as great as this. And I have very poor internet connection. And all the other sites had a 56k theme for quicker loading.
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (prescited @ Oct. 28 2003,13:07)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"We'll I was just wondering, because I havn't found any other site with a forum as great as this. And I have very poor internet connection. And all the other sites had a 56k theme for quicker loading.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    What does any of that have to do with you wanting the post count.
    As for me not being mature. According to Dictionary.com, that post was not immature. It was fully thought out.
    edited October 2003
    Please read the thread, from start to finish.

"Eye candy, message board skins ect..."

Eye candy = post count
    Message board skins = themes

Hope that helped you out.

edited October 2003
    I posted another thread because I wanted to get my message clear, I do not want to fight, nor argue with you. I want to be friendly to everyone in the community. And if you do not feel the way I do, then simply do not reply to any of my threads, and I will not reply to yours.
    edited October 2003
    Actually, I have read the thread from start to finish. But you went from talking about post counts to talking about how fast things load. I have already mentioned in my previous post, about that statement not having to do with post counts. I didn't say that it didn't have anything to do with other things.
    Please don't try to take the I'm being civil and proper road with me. It has been done.
    Since when do I have to feel the way you do? Not everyone is going to agree with you. In fact, not one person who has posted in this thread has agreed with you. And unless i get banned or die, I am going to post in any topic about what I think. You can't control where people post or what they think

Oh yeah, that's right. I went there.- Stewie, Family Guy
    LB- Sorry for the arguing, but I had to respond. It was needed.

edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (prescited @ Oct. 28 2003,13:07)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"We'll I was just wondering, because I havn't found any other site with a forum as great as this. And I have very poor internet connection. And all the other sites had a 56k theme for quicker loading.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You can turn off most of the board's image loading from your control panel, and if you'd like to go even farther, you're more than welcome to use a browser like Opera to restrict all images from loading or to only display cached images.

Furthermore, your double-posting has to stop. ?It's one thing to split up two long posts, but to post two incredibly short posts one right after the other is--especially after you've already demonstrated that you know what the Edit button is--annoying and spam. ?We're not kindergardeners. ?Paragraphs exist to change topics, not new posts. ?And, well, you're the one going further off-topic to criticize others for going off-topic. ?Pot. ?Kettle. ?Black.
    edited October 2003
    Someone has to criticize users of going offtopic, cause noone eles seems to be. sarcasm.gif
    edited October 2003
    Some people might have seen that as some sort of clue as to how much the moderation team, staff, and administrators think it's a problem.

But then again, you're the 15 post-per-day frequent double-poster who wants to restore post counts for some reason.
  • Shooter_McGunSmackShooter_McGunSmack Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MeoTwister5 @ Oct. 28 2003,00:02)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Well I doubt you'll get your wish, since the counter was removed for reasons I no longer wish to tell anymore.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I know why!!!! laugh.gif Anywho isnt there an old RPGamer board? If so shouldnt that load quicker then the new one... since news always seem to be better looking and have more things and doo hickies to them.
  • JessiahJessiah Banned Banned Users
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rico @ Oct. 28 2003,12:44)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"RPGamer's servers aren't that mobile, even if I knew where this town of Seriously is located.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Damn technicalities?
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited October 2003
    If you want to PM me some examples from other boards, I'd be happy to look into adding a 'compact' theme for dialup users.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell