The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

New Final Fantasy XII Character Confirmed

Comments

• TeresaTeresa Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Neuromancer @ Dec. 14 2003,19:07)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"HAHAHAHA

Gold, Teresa; pure gold![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    hehehe ^_^b

Thanks!
  • komorebikomorebi New Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    len, youre "simply asking to get punched!"

and yes, you are stereotypical. you say because vaan is a bit feminine he is completely worthless.

"you can keep your feminine looking heroes if you like them so much."
    well youre going to have to whether you like it or not. you cant do a damn thing about vaan being in the game, so stop crying.

anyway i bet you wish you looked half as good as vaan.
  • NeuromancerNeuromancer Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Actually, just for the record, I was the one who said that Vaan was worthless.

Which he is...

If it even is a "he"...

Lets just go with "it", shall we?

Oh, and I look damn good. I'm awesome.
  • LenLen Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    ^ Exactly, I never said he was 'worthless'.
    ( Make sure of what you say before saying it )

When I said he could keep 'his feminine looking heroes', I was refering to the fact that he didn't seem to mind to have them look this way... and since he seemed to be trying to defend this view, this was a way of saying that I didn't share his point of view. I thought that was pretty obivious.

I think I have too much faith in people... I seem to tend to expect too much out of their brain. Shame on me!
  • Neon_tmNeon_tm Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    To Change a little the subject I just made a research and discovered that Arcadia was not the name of the ship of captain harlock (yes it was, what i mean is that it wasn't the first time something had the name arcadia)

Arcadia acording to greek mithology was the place were the eldest of the eldest used to live and reunite.

So maybe Arcadia in FFXII is going to be the most advanced country of all??
    edited December 2003
    That's not surprising about Arcadia's origins; MANY of the names of weapons, places etc. in RPG's come from mythology or history; for instance, Ragnarok is the name given to the final apocalyptic battle in Norse Mythology. Mythology and religious study is pretty much required reading or playing RPG's.
  • CainEJWCainEJW Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    I'm a little bit amazed people are already writing this game off. Why? A girl shows skin and a guy has blonde hair. After all, the game couldn't possibly have a storyline, character development, mechanics, dialogue, or even settings. We must dismiss it!

That's hypocritical to say you appreciate a game for the whole then say the looks of characters turn you off and make the game useless. Newsflash, game characters aren't designed to please you. I know, it's a shock and a half that they're designed to fit into their surroundings and traits common in the land...but it's true!

I'm also amazed how absorbed some of you are in the clothing. Here's one more newsflash...the outfits they wear...not supposed to reflect modern business-woman fashion or make them look like they have no confidence.

One last little newsflash that people apparently miss. Yes, Virginia, women have butts and breasts. I know, it's shocking...but they're there! Who knew, right? How dare they try to actually, you know, give the women shape and make them look both confident AND cool.

Stop comparing the game without knowing jack about it besides your opinion of the looks. FFXII could, in fact, be a very compelling game...so stop bitching about it because a character design isn't to your tastes and give it a chance.

I don't really care for Vaan's(I think he's the guy...I'm sick and brain isn't full capacity) design. The blonde dyed hair looks horrid, like he swam through bleach hoping it would work. Otherwise, the designs look nice and really set the theme for FFXII as pirate-like. Could be quite interesting.

PS: Watch the homosexuality jabs and "satire".
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Neon_tm @ Dec. 15 2003,07:21)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"To Change a little the subject I just made a research and discovered that Arcadia was not the name of the ship of captain harlock (yes it was, what i mean is that it wasn't the first time something had the name arcadia)

Arcadia acording to greek mithology was the place were the eldest of the eldest used to live and reunite.

So maybe Arcadia in FFXII is going to be the most advanced country of all??[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    and by this opinion maybe in ARCADIA is going to appear or be CID!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"That's not surprising about Arcadia's origins; MANY of the names of weapons, places etc. in RPG's come from mythology or history; for instance, Ragnarok is the name given to the final apocalyptic battle in Norse Mythology. Mythology and religious study is pretty much required reading or playing RPG's. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I know that! you know that!, but a lot of people in here think that arcadia was the name of the world of Skies of Arcadia and thats it!!!, what i wanted to say is that maybe this name and his meaning has some significance in the city they put it, maybe they put it in that city for a reason???
    edited December 2003
    I agree, Neon, that's the problem with the general RPG population today; uneducated. The type of people who believe things like the statement "I think therefore I am" was originated by Isaac Asimov in our century when in reality it was Des Cartes who came up with it in the early 1600's. It's just a lack of peoples' knowledge on the whole which results in misunderstandings like the one you describe.

As for its significance, it may or may not have anything to do with the mythological aspect of the name Arcadia. Sometimes the names are just there to sound cool. It's much better if it does have significance though, as it makes the experience that much deeper.

edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Neuromancer @ Dec. 15 2003,14:02)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"As for its significance, it may or may not have anything to do with the mythological aspect of the name Arcadia. Sometimes the names are just there to sound cool. It's much better if it does have significance though, as it makes the experience that much deeper.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I agree with that (but this is why speculate is cool)

but YOU never know maybe it has some significance (of course im not going to think that in there are going to be the eldests of elders) but maybe it has some level of significance like the one i said before (but almost always they don't).

WHO knows, after all This Producer is new to the Main FF SAGA we don't how are his ways of doing (besides his other works, but in the main FF serie nothing)

• RumikoholicRumikoholic Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Len @ Dec. 15 2003,02:04)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"^ Exactly, I never said he was 'worthless'.
    ( Make sure of what you say before saying it )

When I said he could keep 'his feminine looking heroes', I was refering to the fact that he didn't seem to mind to have them look this way... and since he seemed to be trying to defend this view, this was a way of saying that I didn't share his point of view. I thought that was pretty obivious.

I think I have too much faith in people... I seem to tend to expect too much out of their brain. Shame on me![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You have to give something in order to get anything back, you know. Really...

Basically, you say that anyone who cries over the loss of a loved one is a pansy. Have you ever seen a war movie? An action flick, maybe..?

I've already gone over Tidus' relationship with his father several times, so I won't bother with another post regarding it. Simply put: Sometimes, it's okay to cry. Trust me. You can let it out. I might not even laugh at you...

Claiming that "childish" behaviour is a womanly trait, however, is like saying that all women are babies. When in fact it's been proven that they - on average - mature faster than men both emotionally and physically.

Since he's most likely only 15-16, that means his thin, almost gangly exterior has yet to fully develop, while Ashe's has. At least for the most part.

If you want a big, buff hero with no personality, you're playing the wrong kind of games. Go play one where you blow stuff up. Chances are though, even that big, buff guy will spend some point in the game mournign the loss of his girlfriend/wife/lover. During the process he may even (you guessed it!) cry...
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Teresa @ Dec. 14 2003,20:31)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"
    HAHAHAHA

Gold, Teresa; pure gold!
    <span id='postcolor'>
    hehehe ^_^b

Thanks![/quote]
    While I respect your complete lack of writing skill nad originality, I must say the sexiest part of your pesonality has to be the fact you reference two characters you obviously know nothing about in your innane little jest.

The fact that you would write so passionately about the forced sodomy of a minor, be it computer generated or not, proves your class beyond measure. ?I must say I'm in complete awe of your disgusting perversity. ?Though surprisingly less-so than the man who found your post so arousing as to claim it was "pure gold."

Good job! ?Keep posting. ?And, I'll keep the insincere compliments rolling.

edited December 2003
    Wow, way to show how much an anal retentive elitist bastard you are! Way to go, champ!

Geez, I love it when "lets-take-everything-literally" fools such as yourself step up to the plate, intending to hit a grand slam of intellectual and moral wit. It's too bad that, yet again, Mighty Casey has struck out. Nice attempt though.

See, without the ultimately self-righteous all-knowing jackasses such as yourself, these forums would be mighty boring. Its people like you, talking everything literally in an attempt to sound intellectually and moral superior to the "common prole", who make things fun. For that, I salute you!

edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Neuromancer @ Dec. 15 2003,23:12)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Wow, way to show how much an anal retentive elitist bastard you are! Way to go, champ!

Geez, I love it when "lets-take-everything-literally" fools such as yourself step up to the plate, intending to hit a grand slam of intellectual and moral wit. It's too bad that, yet again, Mighty Casey has struck out. Nice attempt though.

See, without the ultimately self-righteous all-knowing jackasses such as yourself, these forums would be mighty boring. Its people like you, talking everything literally in an attempt to sound intellectually and moral superior to the "common prole", who make things fun. For that, I salute you![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    News flash: Child molestation isn't fun no matter what kind of spin you try to put on it. ?I don't suppose you or anyone else here would like being held down and forced to have sex against your will, would you..?

When something becomes accepted as a joke, it also becomes accepted as a part of society as a whole. ?Racist jokes promote racism. ?Sexist jokes promote sexism. ?It's a fact that many people disregard for one reason or another. ?It would be like laughing at some guy who grins and says, "She fought back a little but you know she wanted it..."

Think before you say something. ?And think before you agree with anything that's being said. ?Maybe you, "Didn't mean it that way." Maybe you, "Were only funnin'!" But by joking about something as violent and horrible as rape, the only people making total fools themselves are you and the original joke writer.

edited December 2003
    Wow, way to back up EXACTLY what I said about you! Bravo; perfect form twice in a row!

P.S. does that make Chris Rock a black-hating racist? By your criteria it does; way to go champ! Once again, refer to "Casey At the Bat" for my assessment of your attempt at moral and intellectual superiority.

edited December 2003
    Excuse me, have you ever heard of satire?
    Second, have you ever read any yaoi or shotacon?
    Have you ever read a single FF doujinshi? You have just insulted a ton of mangaka in Japan.
    Grats Rumi.
  • Lumas the LenientLumas the Lenient Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    This discussion is so silly! You're writing this game off way too early. I for one have high hopes that this game will be great! So what if the male hero looks a little bit feminine, who cares?!

And Neuromancer, I really hope you're were joking when you spelled Descartes name "Des Cartes". Lol! Des Cartes sounds like a hero from a western flick... ?tounge.gif

Anyway, 'nuff said. Cool down everybody and have a happy holiday etc yada yada yada...

• Double_BDouble_B Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lumas the Lenient @ Dec. 16 2003,07:21)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"This discussion is so silly! You're writing this game off way too early. I for one have high hopes that this game will be great! So what if the male hero looks a little bit feminine, who cares?!

And Neuromancer, I really hope you're were joking when you spelled Descartes name "Des Cartes". Lol! Des Cartes sounds like a hero from a western flick... ?tounge.gif

Anyway, 'nuff said. Cool down everybody and have a happy holiday etc yada yada yada...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    well, that was something fresh wink.gif anyways, I'll spending my 55-bucks on a rpg anyways, when the time comes, could be this one but I'm not waiting that long either........

I forgot, the NEW characters look nice...... that was the topic I guess

• Lumas the LenientLumas the Lenient Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    I think the new screenshots on www.ff12.com look awesome! The airships and tanks seen on some of the screens remind me of the fmv in the beginning of FFVI (psx version) and also of the tanks seen in Star Wars ep. I and II.

459841_20031120_screen006.jpg

I just know this game's gonna' be great!!! laugh.gif
  • Red ShiftRed Shift Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"While I respect your complete lack of writing skill nad originality, I must say the sexiest part of your pesonality has to be the fact you reference two characters you obviously know nothing about in your innane little jest.

The fact that you would write so passionately about the forced sodomy of a minor, be it computer generated or not, proves your class beyond measure. I must say I'm in complete awe of your disgusting perversity. Though surprisingly less-so than the man who found your post so arousing as to claim it was "pure gold."[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Wow, you must be real fun at parties. sarcasm.gif
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Neuromancer @ Dec. 15 2003,23:12)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Wow, way to show how much an anal retentive elitist bastard you are! Way to go, champ![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Anal-retentive is supposed to be hyphenated.
  • LenLen Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    -> Rumikoholic

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"You have to give something in order to get anything back, you know. ?Really...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Since when? If we follow your logic, I would've needed something, in order to give something too... Oh! I get it, you were trying to be witty! Eh... yeah, don't quit your day job.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Basically, you say that anyone who cries over the loss of a loved one is a pansy. ?Have you ever seen a war movie? ?An action flick, maybe..?

I've already gone over Tidus' relationship with his father several times, so I won't bother with another post regarding it. ?Simply put: Sometimes, it's okay to cry. ?Trust me. You can let it out. ?I might not even laugh at you...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

So, for you... Tidus represents everyone? I never said it wasn't okay to cry over the loss of a loved one. In the game, Tidus's father keeps calling him a 'Crybaby' and as I recall, he seems to cry more frequently than the previous heros of the game... I know, I know... he has a "special relationship" with his father, but that doesn't change the fact that he seems childish.

Sure, it's okay to cry... in fact, you can cry all you want. But, weather you like it or not, in the long run... you'll look stupid ( Just for the heck of it... since you don't seem to mind, why don't you try going to a public place and start crying like a little kid... come on, don't be shy )

laugh.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Claiming that "childish" behaviour is a womanly trait, however, is like saying that all women are babies. ?When in fact it's been proven that they - on average - mature faster than men both emotionally and physically.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Eh... being mature 'emotionally' doesn't emply that you cry less. ( duh! ) I think you're confusing some of the things I said... The only thing I had 'against' Tidus was the fact that he seemed to cry more than the 'average' hero ( not that being 'special' is a bad thing ). I used the term 'childish', meaning that he seemed to have problems deeling with his emotions... and everyone knows that women tend to be more emotional that men, thus I saw somewhat of a connection between those two. I never actually said "Women are childish".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"If you want a big, buff hero with no personality, you're playing the wrong kind of games. ?Go play one where you blow stuff up. ?Chances are though, even that big, buff guy will spend some point in the game mournign the loss of his girlfriend/wife/lover. ?During the process he may even (you guessed it!) cry... [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Okay, so following your way of thinking again... when you don't cry often, you have no personality. ( Eh... interesting way of thinking, really ). I never said I wanted someone that didn't have a personality, it would be easier of you actually tried to understand what I wrote before posting back.

I do want a hero with a personality... he can be sad, troubled, weird, dark, humoristic, intellectual, etc. I'm just not looking for a crybaby as a main character... point done.

Good day!

• SpideyknightSpideyknight Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    When did Tidus cry during FFX? I don't seem to remember that part. He may have cried as a child, but there's few little kids who don't cry at some point or another. Ask any parent if they've seen a child who has never cried. I bet you won't find many. You don't have to be abnormal to be a hero.

Legends are made out of vulnerable men.

*spoiler*

I seem to remember him holding a crying Yuna and not only did he comfort her, in one of the best scenes I've seen in any game, he did so without a single tear. Tidus could be serious when it counted, and be upbeat and joking around the next. That gave him depth, which few other FF hero's have.
  • S E P H I R O T HS E P H I R O T H Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Er, anyways, check out the newest FFXII scans. Seems pretty cool to me atleast...

Continue on... ?wink.gif

• SpideyknightSpideyknight Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    You're a little late. Neon posted the link to those scans on the second page.
  • KeythKeyth Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spideyknight @ Dec. 16 2003,16:56)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"When did Tidus cry during FFX? ?I don't seem to remember that part. ?He may have cried as a child, but there's few little kids who don't cry at some point or another. ?Ask any parent if they've seen a child who has never cried. ?I bet you won't find many. ?You don't have to be abnormal to be a hero. ?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    ^^I totally agree with ya! Here's something that bothers me. Why do people call Tidus a crybaby?! Tidus only cries one time in the game as an adult. Just once! And when he does it's perfectly understandable. "<span class="spoiler"> When his father dies. </span>" He's not a crybaby at all! If you think about it every time someone says he's a crybaby they refer to him being one as a child. Like, Auron says " I heard you were quite the crybaby." And when his dad calls him one I mean..."<span class="spoiler">his father went missing when Tidus was a kid. Of course his dad called him 'crybaby'. His image of Tidus hadn't changed from the adolescent Tidus.</span>" In short, Tidus was a crybaby. He still cries, but that's normal.

• S E P H I R O T HS E P H I R O T H Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spideyknight @ Dec. 16 2003,18:44)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"You're a little late. ?Neon posted the link to those scans on the second page.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Ah, sorry about that... confused.gif
    edited December 2003
    it's ok i dont mind SEPHIROTH...

Keyth what you are saying is true!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"The only thing I had 'against' Tidus was the fact that he seemed to cry more than the 'average' hero[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

And what do you always want the "average" HEROE.

C'mon change is good even if it is for a "crybaby" (like you said) like tidus (wich he is not)!!! or is that you always want the same kind of Lead?confused.gif

edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Neon_tm @ Dec. 17 2003,09:58)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"C'mon change is good even if it is for a "crybaby" (like you said) like tidus (wich he is not)!!! or is that you always want the same kind of Lead?confused.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    He migh not be a crybaby, but he is whiny and annoying.
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"He migh not be a crybaby, but he is whiny and annoying.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Thats an opinion of your's, but an opinion that i do not share (please don't make a case out of this confused.gif )