The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

New FFXII screens + propaganda

CastomelCastomel MemberFull Members
edited December 2003 in Latest Updates
Here's some... slightly fresh screens, served up the way you like them best: reheated!

Screens

propaganda

Enjoy!
Whoa! Slow down there, tubby! You're not on the moon yet!

Comments

• OmegaGearOmegaGear Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Reheated is right. What happened to the image quality? The same images or on the official site, and look a lot better. Is this some form of information leek discrimination?
  • Red ShiftRed Shift Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Why can't you you just show the whole original scan like everyone else?
  • CastomelCastomel Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Apologies... We're working on fixing that, and as for the magazine scan, your wish is my command. Since you've already seen it, I'm sure you don't care, but for what it's worth, it's there.
    Whoa! Slow down there, tubby! You're not on the moon yet!
  • GuttermouthGuttermouth Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Either way, I think this Final Fantasy is shaping up to look pretty damn good. smile.gif And interesting...

The two new characters look sweet. I'm such a sucker for cool character design. smile.gif Damn the artist in me. smile.gif
  • TeresaTeresa Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Zell and Seifer mashed into one character--MWHAHAHAHA!
  • ElranzerElranzer Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Looks like Yoshitaka Amano is back on the job. All the characters are ambiguous, blonde, anorexic albinos. [/pun]

- Elranzer
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Elranzer @ Dec. 17 2003,01:25)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Looks like Yoshitaka Amano is back on the job. All the characters are ambiguous, blonde, anorexic albinos. [/pun]

- Elranzer[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I don't remember Yoshitaka Amano putting his characters into mini skirts...
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Teresa @ Dec. 17 2003,01:36)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Elranzer @ Dec. 17 2003,01:25)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Looks like Yoshitaka Amano is back on the job. All the characters are ambiguous, blonde, anorexic albinos. [/pun]

- Elranzer[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I don't remember Yoshitaka Amano putting his characters into mini skirts...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    At least Ashe has a skirt, unlike Terra....
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Slayer of God @ Dec. 17 2003,01:48)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Teresa @ Dec. 17 2003,01:36)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"
    Looks like Yoshitaka Amano is back on the job. All the characters are ambiguous, blonde, anorexic albinos. [/pun]

- Elranzer
    <span id='postcolor'>
    I don't remember Yoshitaka Amano putting his characters into mini skirts...[/quote]
    At least Ashe has a skirt, unlike Terra....[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    What? Terra had a skirt. And don't give me "well her game sprite". Look at the Amano art for FF6. Simply gorgeous.
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Teresa @ Dec. 17 2003,02:30)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Slayer of God @ Dec. 17 2003,01:48)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"

- Elranzer
    <span id='postcolor'>
    At least Ashe has a skirt, unlike Terra....[/quote]
    What? Terra had a skirt. ?And don't give me "well her game sprite". Look at the Amano art for FF6. ?Simply gorgeous.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I did look at her art. Her outfit extends not far past her hips, and her legs are only covered by clear pantyhose.
  • SesshoumaruSesshoumaru Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Beautiful just simply beautiful.

Does anyone else think Vann (I Cant remembeer how it was spelled) looks like Hugo from Suikoden 3.

Gotta love that SJ Pirate.

edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Slayer of God @ Dec. 17 2003,08:51)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Teresa @ Dec. 17 2003,02:30)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"

- Elranzer
    <span id='postcolor'>
    At least Ashe has a skirt, unlike Terra....
    What? Terra had a skirt. ?And don't give me "well her game sprite". Look at the Amano art for FF6. ?Simply gorgeous.[/quote]
    I did look at her art. Her outfit extends not far past her hips, and her legs are only covered by clear pantyhose.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    She is wearing a dress and her pantyhose is opaque--white with colors all over it.
    edited December 2003
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Slayer of God @ Dec. 17 2003,11:24)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff6/graphics/people/terra5.jpg

Pretty short, huh?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    argh, I'm not going to argue about Terra's skirt length. Look at a pic of her standing up, or of the CGI of her. YOU CAN'T SEE HER PANTIES! I guarantee at least one panty shot in FF12--that's where the series has been heading.
  • RumikoholicRumikoholic Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    ZELFER!! ?...Seifell..? Either way, he looks cool. smile.gif Sorta gladiatorial.

I don't mind panty shots. ?After all, panties have existed for years. ?It's time they finally got a little recognition! laugh.gif Seriously... ?The panty shot is a Japanese staple. ?Of course it'll appear in their videogames, as well. ?It's actually less gratuitious than that little MOMO girl in Xenosaga, or so I've heard... If they really wanted to appeal to the lowest common denominator, she wouldn't be wearing panties at all...

I was never really a fan of the Bengaa, but the creators managed to make them look pretty tough in this game... ?All-in-all, it seems to be rounding out a bit artistically-speaking.

edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Teresa @ Dec. 17 2003,10:44)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I did look at her art. Her outfit extends not far past her hips, and her legs are only covered by clear pantyhose.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    She is wearing a dress and her pantyhose is opaque--white with colors all over it.[/quote]
    Those would be tights. ?Not pantyhose. ?Yeah, even the perliminary art shows the heroine's thong... ?And Charlie's Angels had women in high heels running after badguys... ?And almost every anime in existance has at least one blatant panty shot...

Likewise: Tidus' boxer-briefs showed past his shorts on one leg ALL THE TIME... ?Mel Gibson flashes his bare butt to sell movie tickets... ?And, celebrities everywhere get extrra publicity by "accidentally" having thier private (taped) sex romps find their way to millions of viewers over the internet...

Sex is a very real part of every society and culture. ?It's how we make babies. ?If it wasn't fun, most of us wouldn't do it. ?Of course, virtually everyone in the entertainment industry is going to capitalize on it. ?It's only natural. ?To say that our society is more sex-driven than say, the ancient Romans - who had massive, bi-sexual orgies. ?Or, the people from the early United States - who spent their nights watching young women hike their skirts up and dance, or in brothels sexing it up - would be like saying sufferage was good for the economy.

Sexism goes both ways. ?Take your recent attacks on the male lead simply because he doesn't fit your perceptions of how a male lead should look. ?It's this blatant discrimination that proves you're as bad as any guy who stares lustily at some naked girl with her legs spread-out above her head...

• CetusCetus Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    The male character looks somewhat feminine, don't you think? I don't really have a problem with it but yeah..
  • CetusCetus Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Teresa @ Dec. 17 2003,11:39)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Slayer of God @ Dec. 17 2003,11:24)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff6/graphics/people/terra5.jpg

Pretty short, huh?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    argh, I'm not going to argue about Terra's skirt length. ?Look at a pic of her standing up, or of the CGI of her. ?YOU CAN'T SEE HER PANTIES! ?I guarantee at least one panty shot in FF12--that's where the series has been heading.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    lmao panty shots are a rave in games now a days.
  • Crimson FlameCrimson Flame Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    I think Vann does look like Hugo from Suikoden 3.
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cetus @ Dec. 17 2003,12:56)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"The male character looks somewhat feminine, don't you think? I don't really have a problem with it but yeah..[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yeah, he doesn't look so bad to me, either. He could be a lot more effeminent. Most male J-Pop stars wear make-up and cross-dress. So, it's not that big a deal a gangly teenage boy looks like a gangly teenage boy...

Kefka wore skintight, clashing body suit, cape, lots of make-up, and looked like Liberache' (sp?) on estrogen. But you don't see the same people complaining about recent heroes and videogame trends doing the same thing about him... -_-
  • Twilight CloudTwilight Cloud Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    O.K let me be the voice of reason here (I know it's hard to belive) but it's a sad thing if everyone is so caught up it panties and nothing else! Why not talk about something else! Like....uh...hmmmm....something....like Vann! YES! I also think he looks like Hugo! Just without black at the bottem of his hair.

Of cours by the time I say something the topics already changed. Takes me too long to think of something to say...

<span style='font-size:6pt;line-height:100%'>Staff note: Please keep double posting down. Double post deleted and the two merged. - CainEJW</span>

edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Twilight Cloud @ Dec. 17 2003,13:29)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"O.K let me be the voice of reason here (I know it's hard to belive) but it's a sad thing if everyone is so caught up it panties and nothing else! Why not talk about something else! Like....uh...hmmmm....something....like Vann! YES! I also think he looks like Hugo! Just without black at the bottem of his hair.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I think we should talk about Sezeller! (...Zeiselfer..?) I'm actually pretty excited about the new characte. ?Really liked Zell and Seifer from from FF 8. ?Hopefully, this guy will act similar to one or the other. ?I just hope that the fact they revealed him now doesn't mean he's actually the hero's obligatory rival... -_-

• mooncalfemooncalfe Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    i like the rabbit girl ... who the hell is that weird pirate dude at the bottom?

-r.
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rumikoholic @ Dec. 17 2003,13:28)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cetus @ Dec. 17 2003,12:56)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"The male character looks somewhat feminine, don't you think? I don't really have a problem with it but yeah..[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yeah, he doesn't look so bad to me, either. ?He could be a lot more effeminent. ?Most male J-Pop stars wear make-up and cross-dress. ?So, it's not that big a deal a gangly teenage boy looks like a gangly teenage boy...

Kefka wore skintight, clashing body suit, cape, lots of make-up, and looked like Liberache' (sp?) on estrogen. ?But you don't see the same people complaining about recent heroes and videogame trends doing the same thing about him... -_-[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    However, one could not mistake Kefka for a girl. I had to do a double take in one screenshot featuring Vann.
  • komorebikomorebi New Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    big deal

vaan is sexy
  • Lin MayuLin Mayu Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Hmmmm, I'm not seeing the Zell/Seifer resemblance at all. But I like that character. He's cool-looking. The bunnygirl, on the other hand, is positively terrifying. It isn't even her black leather dominatrix-suit either--it's the ears. I don't know why, but those ears freak me out to no end.
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Kefka wore skintight, clashing body suit, cape, lots of make-up, and looked like Liberache' (sp?) on estrogen. But you don't see the same people complaining about recent heroes and videogame trends doing the same thing about him... -_-[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That's because effeminate villains have become such a FF staple that no one bats an eyelash over them anymore. laugh.gif
  • SystemId420SystemId420 New Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE" Kefka wore skintight, clashing body suit, cape, lots of make-up, and looked like Liberache' (sp?) on estrogen. But you don't see the same people complaining about recent heroes and videogame trends doing the same thing about him... -_- [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Perhaps it is because he was sprite based eh.gif
    On second thought maybe because the internet was still not as popular as it is now so we do not have flame wars erupting over every little thing.... (food for thought)
    But that's not was this topic was really about... Personally I'm very excited about ffxii, it's been a long time since i finished ffx and I'm a bit of a FF nut so I need my fix. Not only that but the artwork is shaping up to be amazingly beautiful (2 adjectives...gotta love it). I'm personally one of those who enjoys the new graphical advancements and voice acting in RPGs it gives them more of a movie feel of telling a story with acompanying (can't spell) visuals. I like the return of the gunblade, great weapon..what hurts more than being shot in an open cut.... and that bunny girl has me curious, kinda looks like she could be a villan. ummmmmmm that's all I have to say (organization is not my strong point) tounge.gif
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited December 2003
    If you look at the gameplay screens you can tell that she is actually a member of the player's party. ?That would lead me to believe that the scantily clad Viera (named Fran, by the way) is actually one of the good guys.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • An FF OriginalAn FF Original Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    As long as Vaan does not have the whiny voice acting that Tidus had, I will be happy...

And Zellfer is... yes...

And to put the final word on video game women in general, the scantily-clad-in-black-leather character is a playboy bunny...
  • Lumas the LenientLumas the Lenient Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    I just downloaded and saw the FFXII teaser! The game seems great. Classic FF-stuff and really nice graphics! The girl with the bunny ears looks kinda silly though...