The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

More New, Old Faces Revealed in FF7: AC

AletheaAlethea MemberFull Members
edited December 2003 in Latest Updates
New Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children details have been...oh why bother, you're probably so excited you won't even read this blurb before clicking on the story.

More New, Old Faces in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Edit: Oops, forgot the news story link for all you people who apparently check the boards but not the MAIN INDEX *cough* Liquid *cough* laugh.gif

Comments

• Twilight CloudTwilight Cloud Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    COME ON! Don't TELL me about the pictures! (not to sound rude) but SHOW them! PLEASE!!!!!!
  • RumikoholicRumikoholic Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Twilight Cloud @ Dec. 17 2003,13:32)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"COME ON! Don't TELL me about the pictures! (not to sound rude) but SHOW them! PLEASE!!!!!![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    YEAH!! laugh.gif Barret with cornrows sounds kinda silly... But, I'm interested to see what his new arm looks like.
  • edited December 2003
    So there is a story to go along with this blurb somewhere out there? biggrin.gif
  • maverick_blademaverick_blade New Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    I agree, but I would like to see Vincent myself.
  • chaoticprimechaoticprime Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    I think this looks good so far. I already know that the Hawks, a popular fansubbing and manga translating group have stated they will sub it as soon as possible. FFVII was a great game, and I figure they deserve another chance to make Cloud likeable.
  • bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    The real question on everyone's mind is, will Biggs and Wedge make an appearance.
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • chaoticprimechaoticprime Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Biggs and Wedge got killed in FFVII.
    edited December 2003
    Apparently so did Sephiroth wink.gif
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chaoticprime @ Dec. 17 2003,14:03)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Biggs and Wedge got killed in FFVII.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I din't kill them! I took them hostages.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • Time/Space MageTime/Space Mage Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Interesting description. The Propaganda link isn't working though; it just loads the main site page.
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Apparently so did Sephiroth [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

He did die. We have nothing to prove he's alive. So a guy kind of looks like him but that doesn't mean it's him.
  • AletheaAlethea Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"COME ON! Don't TELL me about the pictures! (not to sound rude) but SHOW them! PLEASE!!!!!![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Go bother the media people about it, not me. biggrin.gif
  • CyberSkullCyberSkull Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Alethea @ Dec. 17 2003,13:19)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"New Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children details have been...oh why bother, you're probably so excited you won't even read this blurb before clicking on the story.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I read the blurb. . .
    Sincerely,
    Your Dread Lord
    FF6-CyberSkull_Medium_Sig.gif
    Un-Certified Looney, Heretic @ Large, etc…
  • MercenaryMercenary New Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    I can't wait for it and it being a hour long movie is ok with me as long as I can see more of that awesome FFVII world I grew to love!
  • GhostGhost Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Ehhh. There MIGHT be hope for this flick yet. I got pissed when I thought everyone was dead. If Vincent's in it...maybe. But I'm still grumpy that it's CG and not classical animation.

And I think the guy was joking about Biggs and Wedge.

And yeah, we have no conclusive evidence that Sephy's back, but can we assume the Square movie people have enough class to keep him dead? Food for thought.
  • Lumas the LenientLumas the Lenient Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mercenary @ Dec. 17 2003,14:48)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I can't wait for it and it being a hour long movie is ok with me as long as I can see more of that awesome FFVII world I grew to love![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I agree! Anything that adds to the story of The Greatest Game Ever is a blessing! Now let's just hope Square Enix announces that they've just been kidding us for the last few months and that AC will be a game after all... ?tounge.gif Not a very likely scenario I admit, but a man can always dream...
  • SesshoumaruSesshoumaru Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    I think someone is gonna get injected with Sephiroth cells.
  • Lumas the LenientLumas the Lenient Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    I wonder who the guy with white hair in the trailer is. Probably not Sephiroth...

• mooncalfemooncalfe Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    where's tifa?!?! dammit all!!

-r.
  • ShadowedShadowed Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Must... have... the PICTURES!
    edited December 2003
    THANK YOU! YOU ARE MY FREIND NOW! THANK YOU THANK YOU TAHNK YOU! (and if you didn't hear me before...THANK YOU!)
  • GuttermouthGuttermouth Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Man, I get so excited everytime I see new FF7:AC stuff.

At first when I saw Barret, it didn't really apeal to me... BUT, the more I look at him and his new arm, the cooler it gets. I dunno, even if people are poo-pooing this movie because it's a sequel, you have to admit, it looks like it's going to be friggin' cool. smile.gif
  • MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    -Barret doesn't exactly look like how I imagined him... but maybe it's just that one shot. It'll be cool to see the FF7 characters fully animated and with voice acting, regardless of whether they don't look exactly like their original art.

-That white-haired guy near the middle (who has appeared before) really, really looks like a girl. tounge.gif

-I hope they don't try to bring back too many characters from the original; at 60 minutes, there isn't enough time for plot, action, and tons of cameos.
  • Neon_tmNeon_tm Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Barret look's cool!!!

And who is that guy appearing in front of the moon maybe is vincent???
  • EddEdd Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Metacod @ Dec. 18 2003,01:05)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"-I hope they don't try to bring back too many characters from the original; at 60 minutes, there isn't enough time for plot, action, and tons of cameos.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    On the other hand, using old characters means (in theory) that they don't have to waste time introducing them as they can safely assume we already know who they are. In an hour there can be very little time for (convincingly) introducing any new characters besides a villain really.
  • MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Anyone notice Aeris in the lower-right corner?
    edited December 2003
    Uhhhhhhh, yeah, I did. But I was just, uh, testing you. HAHA biggrin.gif
  • edited December 2003
    I cant start a post but was wondering if someone could help me with chrono trigger... anyone here play it before?
    edited December 2003
    If you check in the Game Help section, you'd probably be able to find a Chrono Trigger thread to ask your question smile.gif
  • Admiral GodunovAdmiral Godunov Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Hey, that is Vinny! You can see the gold in his shoes, and the outline of the too-familiar hairstyle. Plus there's the scene where Cloud "buries" Aeris. So now we hace
    1. The new Bishie
    2. Neo Cloud
    3. Sephy-sama
    4. Another unknown person
    5. Barret
    6. Vincent
    I'm gonna love this movie biggrin.gif