If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Do you think titles should be for everyone ?

12346»

Comments

• An FF OriginalAn FF Original Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Sess, invest in a dictionary and thesaurus. Then you can be just like all the other boardies on these non-misc. threads wink.gif
  • MalangoMalango Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sesshoumaru @ Dec. 12 2003,13:04)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PhospheneHeretic @ Dec. 12 2003,00:58)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Yes, God forbid you become a curmudgeonly old codger like I apparently am.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    your a wadda what? huh?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    *tuts* It means....

Curmudgeonly - An ill-tempered person full of resentment and stubborn notions.

Codger - Slang for an old person.

And I can't believe people are still whinging about this title stuff!..
  • SesshoumaruSesshoumaru Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    for the record I do have both a "Lexicon" and thesaurus but they are behind a "Professorship" and i cant be bothered to get them.
  • PhospheneHereticPhospheneHeretic Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Your books are behind the position of being a professor? How does that work?
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited December 2003
    He was trying to sound eloquent. ?Unfortunately for him, his pathetic attempt in the use of more verbose prose was laughably poor.

Watch someone point out that there are problems with the above statements.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • SesshoumaruSesshoumaru Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Your books are behind the position of being a professor[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

according to the thesaurus a Professorship is a chair not a professor. And a Lexicon is a Dictionary.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sesshoumaru @ Dec. 12 2003,11:58)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"according to the thesaurus a Professorship is a chair not a professor.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    .?.?.?I really should find a forehead-slapping emoticon and install it.

A professorship is a chair held by a professor. ?If you'd bothered to use that fancy lexicon of yours, you might have found a definition similar to this one for chair:
    2. A seat of office, authority, or dignity, such as that of a bishop.
    ? ? a. An office or position of authority, such as a professorship.
    ? ? b. A person who holds an office or a position of authority, such as one who presides over a meeting or administers a department of instruction at a college; a chairperson.
  • Options
    edited December 2003
    This thread has degenerated beyond the boundaries of stupidity. Quite entertaining though.
  • PhospheneHereticPhospheneHeretic Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    That generally happens when a person tries to misuse a thesaurus and not take into account multiple definitions may apply within the synonyms given. ?One of the first things they taught us way back in the days of elementary grade-school was not to just throw around words out of a thesaurus because, to quote, "you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." ?Education is funny like that, isn't it? ?Sess, you picked a really bad place to try to exercise lexiphanicism. ?It's the difference between me calling your attempt malapropos and inept. ?They both share a common idea, but one is much more fitting because of a further definitional element, and you know what? ?I bet you a thesaurus will probably list them as being synonymous. ?But you left it in the position of a professor, so I'll wait for it to get fired (unless it's on tenure) for you to get it back before expounding on that idea any further so you can verify for yourself.

• RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PhospheneHeretic @ Dec. 12 2003,14:44)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"lexiphanicism[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You shouldn't plagiarize custom member titles.
  • MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PhospheneHeretic @ Dec. 12 2003,14:44)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"But you left it in the position of a professor, so I'll wait for it to get fired (unless it's on tenure) for you to get it back before expounding on that idea any further so you can verify for yourself.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    No, see, it's behind the position of a professor. Whatever that means.
  • NeuromancerNeuromancer Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Wow, this thread REALLY got off topic, eh?

Bringing it back to what it was originaly, I'd have to say; who really cares if you have a little title under your picture or not? If you need a couple words below your pic in order to feel like you matter, then you've got problems!
  • An FF OriginalAn FF Original Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Neuromancer @ Dec. 21 2003,00:22)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Wow, this thread REALLY got off topic, eh?

Bringing it back to what it was originaly, I'd have to say; who really cares if you have a little title under your picture or not? If you need a couple words below your pic in order to feel like you matter, then you've got problems![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You know, you're not the first person who's told me that... tounge.gif laugh.gif
  • MalangoMalango Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Why the hell has this pointless thread made 9 pages lol.....
  • RomeasRomeas Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    I'm going to reiterate the above question while bumping this in hopes that something amusing will come of it.

Why the hell has this pointless thread made 9 pages lol.....

sarcasm.gif
  • generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Intentional bumps are extremely frowned upon here, don't do it again.
  • RomeasRomeas Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Apologies, then. wink.gif