The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

More Familiar Faces Coming to FFX-2 International

AletheaAlethea MemberFull Members
edited January 2004 in Latest Updates
Look...there in the pyreflies...it's...it's...more details on a game that will probably never receive a North American localization.

More Familiar Faces Coming to Final Fantasy X-2 International

Comments

• S E P H I R O T HS E P H I R O T H Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Gah!! Damn those Japanese!!
  • StrifeStrife New Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    You can fight them? Interesting...
  • RumikoholicRumikoholic Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    They're really pulling out all the stops. Almost makes me wish I'd never even bought the American version... Almost. ;)
  • theLegendtheLegend Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Probably? Bah.

There is NO CHANCE of this game is making it to the states. None of the other special editions of these games have, why should this one.

This is one of the things I hate about Square.
  • RiotRiotRiotRiot Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Is there a reason for it being called "International" instead of something else?
  • SesshoumaruSesshoumaru Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    What about Cloud? can you unlock Cloud? Cloud is always unlockable. And What about Pluto Nash? Pluto Nash should be unlockable.
  • XeroZoharXeroZohar Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    It's called international because it uses the English dialogue, and I think it's the one released in European countries, as well as Japan. (If this is not the trend, correct me, please)

• Kelly125Kelly125 Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    I don't think it should be called international if it doesn't come to the U.S. Thats just my opinion. smile.gif
  • CainEJWCainEJW Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    The US certainly isn't the only nation. I believe the internationals usually also hit England.

I wish this would come to the US, I'd certainly pick it up even if I already own the game. Too bad SquareEnix underestimates US gamers.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    I don't really care. Even if it were to be released in Europe/USA, I wouldn't pick up an extra copy. I've already finished the regular game twice, so paying full price for the same game with a few changes is out of the question.

Cain -> If something hits England, it hits Europe. I've never experienced an England-only-release in my entire life.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • CainEJWCainEJW Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I'm aware that Europe gets what England gets. Slip of the brain while doing a few things at once ;)
  • wolfwood598wolfwood598 New Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    you know, for comments like the ones made about playing through the game, then not buying it again if it was released internationally, must i remind what they did to the plot of Final Fantasy X? the end of that wasn't really a subtle change, and though the plot seems rather resolved if you play through it properly, you never really know with those square guys... (and gals.)
  • Twilight CloudTwilight Cloud Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    What's this? Is this saying you get to battle Tidus,Auron, and Seymour as prizes or are they in the tournaments and and you get prizes from beting them? eh.gif
  • XanalithXanalith Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CainEJW @ Jan. 01 2004,05:35)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"The US certainly isn't the only nation. I believe the internationals usually also hit England.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Actually the International versions is the first version we usually see of the game.... and it's a good thing too - cause they make us wait so god damn longer than you guys....

Also the International version is released in England, Europe, Australia and New Zealand at the same time!
  • edited January 2004
    I don't think it would sell half as well as the original did if they released it in the states. Only the most hardcore of us would rebuy a $50 game for an extra level, and some tacked on additions. Sure a decent handfull of us would, but not enough to justify a rerelease. And would you rather have waited the extra half a year like UK had to just to play the international version? Basically, if you think you're hardcore enough to want to buy this a second time, just import the damn thing. S-E know's what it's doing. Japanese people buy in to this kind of thing in mass quantities. American's don't.
  • SevenStarSevenStar Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LiQuid! @ Jan. 01 2004,03:07)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I don't think it would sell half as well as the original did if they released it in the states. ?Only the most hardcore of us would rebuy a $50 game for an extra level, and some tacked on additions. ?Sure a decent handfull of us would, but not enough to justify a rerelease. ?And would you rather have waited the extra half a year like UK had to just to play the international version? ?Basically, if you think you're hardcore enough to want to buy this a second time, just import the damn thing. ?S-E know's what it's doing. ?Japanese people buy in to this kind of thing in mass quantities. ?American's don't.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    when yo usay import the game are you reffering import to america or europe
    coz apparantly its illegal to import over here in merry england
  • XeroZoharXeroZohar Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SevenStar @ Jan. 01 2004,08:42)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"when yo usay import the game are you reffering import to america or europe
    coz apparantly its illegal to import over here in merry england[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Doesn't seem to stop most people and places... tounge.gif
  • Neon_tmNeon_tm Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Maybe if they Do like Sega With Virtua Fighter 4 that released VF4:EVOLUTION as A Greatest Hits, So when the Time comes that FFX-2 will see a Greatest Hits Release it Should Be The International Version (i would buy it, this way), maybe they should do this way...