The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Chun Soft Announces New GameCube Title

KojackedKojacked MemberFull Members
edited January 2004 in Latest Updates
Story

post.. and see how many things you can get to rhyme with "story" while you're at it.

glory, allegory..

Comments

• Neon_tmNeon_tm Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Homeland Pictures

This Game looks so childish (in my opinion) (look the character designs) i don't know who can really be looking forward to it, especially when a game that looks so cool like Baten Kaitos was a flop in the japanese market

• kardas_heartkardas_heart New Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Well, look doesn't matter...

You know, before it was released, Legend of Dragoon looked really cool...
  • avsavs Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    It looks like Animal Crossing to meh..
    edited December 2003
    What i mean is that it looks so childish, not only the characters but even the locations showed in the pictures...

P.D: Legend Of Dragoon i really didn't like it that much but i know people that would cut their right arm for a sequel (sad but true)

There isn't enough suport of Rpg's (3 or 4 don't count because that is not enough) in the Gamecube in large cause because of the image that Nintendo have put themselves in the last generation of consoles because their games are for everybody (to not say almost childish) and then Chunsoft trow this... LOL
  • Q. MulativeQ. Mulative Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2003
    The most childish of all are the people that actually fall for that "Nintendo is kiddy" propaganda. The G.C.N. wouldn't have Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, all the non-exclusives of the PS2 and Xbox combined, and an overall higher ratio of 'M' to 'E' rated games than the others if this was true.

About Baten Kaitos, who thinks that if a game makes the bottom of the top ten, it bombs? The top ten is called the TOP ten for a reason, that being it's the official list of games that did not bomb. The ones that debut lower on the list are the ones that tend to sell steadily for a long time. If anyone thinks that BK bombed, they're either fanboyishly generating more propaganda, or fooled into believing someone else's.

Regarding Chun Soft's R.P.G., welcome to one month ago. As for the artistic style, everyone looks like "Geno" from Mario R.P.G.

I thought everybody like Geno from Mario R.P.G. Apparently, so did Chun Soft, by filling up an entire game with Genos.

Animal Crossing was one of the more popular games of last year, for it's "The Sims" like gameplay. Chun Soft may be leaning on this element of the artistic style to cause people to link it to A/C in the commercials and such. If they incorporate any of A/C's scenarios in their towns and cities, then you can probably expect more than the average amount of "Role-playing" to take place in this R.P<G.
    edited December 2003
    look Q.Mulative sorry if i hurt your feelings but before starting to insult other people opinions, read very well what the others have said i didn't mention anywhere in my post the GC i said THE LAST GENERATION OF CONSOLES (Nintendo 64)...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"and an overall higher ratio of 'M' to 'E' rated games than the others if this was true[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I didn't understand to well this but i think that what you said is that the GC has more Mature Games that the PS2 and the X-Box Combined (just because the GC has less games doesn't make their ratio of M games more big, is like saying that the PS2 has of the 3 the most big ratio of crappy Games / Good Games, of course they have a lot more Games is Logic that they have the most cuantity of the Crappy Ones)

Well Baten Kaitos DID Bomb Because the week before last they opened in 8 of the Top Ten (a good opening) and last week they where in 26 position (a lame position considering is they're second week, i was hoping that this game would sell good)

About the RPG im not saying it's gonna be bad just that it looks Childish (TO ME) if you can't respect MY opinion or the opinion of other people please don't suscribe in Forums, because to express you're OPINION you don't have to call other people (or the people that don't agree with you) The most Childish of ALL...
  • xanrastafarixanrastafari Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Neon: (don't mean this in an offensive way) Is english not your first language? Ratio is in comparison to another number. Thus:

2:2 is a higher ratio than 6:10, because 2 is 100% of 2, while six is 60% of 10. The total is not important, only the porportion.

Baiten Kaitos did bomb. I watch the charts pretty religiously and less than 70,000 sales in two weeks is awful for a high profile title. I doubt that comes close to covering the costs of making the game.
  • VermillionVermillion Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    I'm a big Nintendo Fanboy, but let's not drag Nintendo into this.

What really upsets me here is that I can't imagine any reason for Chun Soft to use an AC art style. This RPG sounds more like a traditional epic-story driven RPG, not the surrealist adventure that Animal Crossing, bless it's heart, was.

For Animal Crossing, that particular art style fits. Given that these are just some intial pictures, but I really do wonder whether Chun Soft has any reason for perpetuating this art style other than laziness on their part to come up with something that actually fits their game. If they don't, I'm willing to write this game off for now.

Carmine M. Red
    Kairon@aol.com
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (xanrastafari @ Dec. 30 2003,14:14)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Neon: (don't mean this in an offensive way) ?Is english not your first language? ?Ratio is in comparison to another number. ?Thus:

2:2 is a higher ratio than 6:10, because 2 is 100% of 2, while six is 60% of 10. ?The total is not important, only the porportion.

Baiten Kaitos did bomb. ?I watch the charts pretty religiously and less than 70,000 sales in two weeks is awful for a high profile title. ?I doubt that comes close to covering the costs of making the game.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    i don't find it offensive that's why i said that i didn't understand to well what i read, but based in what i think i understand im going to say my opinion... thanks anyway for the explanation, but that is what i answered maybe i didn't answered correctly but i understand it the right way (thanks anyway , and my language is spanish, smile.gif )

what i answered or what i tried to say is that, if the gamecube has lees games that the other 2 systems then even if the 3 has the same quantity of mature games then of course that the GC will have the highest ratio...

But i really don't think that the GC has more an overall higher ratio of 'M' to 'E' rated games than the others.

That i know the GC has only, The RE and Eternal Drakness, like good M games (and exclusives)
    edited January 2004
    If I listed all of the 'M' Gamecube games here, I'd wander off topic, but I assure you that of my 30 game library of high-quality, high class, high polish titles, at least half consists of non-E games, with at least 7 of those happening to fall into the 'M' range.

The art in "Homeland" suggests more of an EarthBound/Mother-ish style, only with rounder scenery. ?A unique art-style can really stir up the mass-market. ?Once the common taste stagnates on realism, it'll jump on anything new. ?Plus, if it looks a little like A/C, they'll associate it with the runaway hit and anticipate "Homeland" all the more.

The sales of BK suggest a Mario 2 like pattern, where they started out high, then dived, as people were hearing about it being different, then climbing back up when they tried it out and found it was still good on its own. ?Of course, with the invention of the internet, we now have fanboys spreading all sorts of propaganda everywhere, so sales could go straight north or south as the opinion flies.

Of course, real gamers have seen the movies, know that the game is awesome, and have bought / will buy it upon release, but the rest will follow after they're shown the game, so a Mario 2 like pattern could repeat itself, and same with Homeland.

The problem with innovative, cutting edge design is the mass market doesn't want it. They want the same thing they've always wanted: Breasts and bullets, and big swords (or staplers, in some cases). That's why these games aren't made for the mass-market. They're made for the gamers, on Gamecube.

edited January 2004
    AHHHH ok, so now the gamers of GC are special because they are "hardcore", and the GC is a game console for the Hardcore Audience, AHHH, WRONG!!!!

Ok first of all no one is saying anything, about game for TEENS "T" we are saying for the mature audience (the "T" games they always have had it) and of those 7 which are Exclusive (Non RE, Non Eternal Darkness)for THE GC.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"The sales of BK suggest a Mario 2 like pattern, where they started out high, then dived, as people were hearing about it being different, then climbing back up when they tried it out and found it was still good on its own[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

If all games that Bombed where like you said, then all games would sell at least a million Copies, and look i Have A GC AND I KNOW what the GC has to offer and im sure that "M" games is not what they Offer, and if Baten Kaitos Bombed is not because is Bad, but it still Bombed, So Get Over IT.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"They want the same thing they've always wanted[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Thats Right like all the Franchises That Nintendo have been using Since the Nes Days (almost all they're games).

AND no, you are not Special for Having A GC and you neither are A TRUE GAMER like you said in here:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"The problem with innovative, cutting edge design is the mass market doesn't want it. ?They want the same thing they've always wanted: Breasts and bullets, and big swords (or staplers, in some cases). ?That's why these games aren't made for the mass-market. ?They're made for the gamers, on Gamecube. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Cutting EDGE design, Homeland???

So now everybody else that don't have a GC isn't a true gamer, they only are people who want to see the same Breasts and Bullets, and Big Swords(or staplers, in some cases) in their games, Yeah You're right if no one want to buy a GC is because they have been Making the Same Games since The Nes days, And maybe They Prefer new breasts in their Games instead of ANOTHER Mario Party, or even another Zelda or MARIO (or any other franchises that Nintendo has been using over and over and over again since the Nes)
  • edited January 2004
    I love how people mistake "original" with "stupid" or "childish."

Mainstream RPG fans irritate me. Just go replay a Final Fantasy if you want more pretty boys with blindfolds and big titted girls in leather strap dresses.
  • NeuromancerNeuromancer Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I'm all for the hot chicks, but when the guys start looking prettiers than the girls you know there's a problem with the characters (*cough* Vaan *cough*).

Anyhow, yeah, it sucks when someone makes an original style like this seems to be and people instantly reject it. I'll admit that it does look a bit childish (looks like that kids TV show called Noddy), but that doesn't mean it can't kick ass.
    edited January 2004
    Nobody said it's gonna be bad, i just said that look a lot in the childish side, is he that started with the Gc players are superior, because they are GAMERS and stuff...

Just Like Baten Kaitos Look pretty cool but bombed i Japan (something i deeply regret)...

P.S: Or is that i cannot say the true, That it looks childish(it looks childish in the design, not the game, because i don't know anything about the story)?? (even if it will ending be the greatest Rpg this side of FFVI, who knows, all i know is that to me looks childish, NOT BAD, Just Childish looking)
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Neon_tm @ Jan. 01 2004,14:14)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"AHHHH ok, so now the gamers of GC are special because they are "hardcore", and the GC is a game console for the Hardcore Audience, AHHH, WRONG!!!!

... (temper tantrum follows)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yeah, you might want to look into that Tourettes syndrome before yelling your head off again. ?Nothing makes people discredit your post faster than an knee-jerk reaction the likes of your example there. ?Type calmly and legibly, think out your argument, and present it in a clean and carefully worded post.

A real gamer doesn't get mad at the game.

I'm not saying that I'm a real gamer because I have a 'cube, just that I am because I know what games are the best ones, and that they're all on Gamecube. ?I mean, it's blatently obvious. ?That's not to say, for example, that dot hack is a bad game for those who've never heard of P.S.O., but seeing as it was made after Phantasy Star Online, and still falls below it in at least three categories which I can think of off the top of my head, gives me a message loud and clear: "The PS2 encourages developers to be lazy, or at least not pay attention to the quality of their games as opposed to the competition's." And "The system is for the idiot mass market, who lack the critical thinking to decide for themselves beyond the din of Sony reps and their fanboys spreading "kiddy" propaganda in their weak attempt to drive Nintendo out of business.

The three points where dot hack falls below P.S.O., by the way, are 1.) Not being online, 2.) Your character not being customizable at all, combined with the fact that despite being an action R.P.G., it severely lacks in the battle system, and 3.) The 'quests,' if you can even call them that, actually managing to be shallower than those of P.S.O.

For another example, take Kingdom Hearts. ?It starts out a simple platforming concept where you wander into various Disney movies, each of which consists of about 10 rooms (very small "worlds"), and lock them while fighting monsters to earn fixes for each of the game's flaws. ?By the time you've maxed out in levels and abilities, the gameplay is almost as fun as Mario, only you still have less control over your jumps, and you have two poorly done AI Luigis slowing you down. ?The obvious thing here is, if you wanted a platformer, you might as well just get the best and play Mario Sunshine, and in doing so, start without any of the crippled gameplay which made KH an R.P.G. on a technicality.

Cutting edge design? ?Homeland? ?Yes. ?Nothing like it has ever been designed before, unless you count, perhaps, EarthBound 64.

• Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I love it when people contradict themselves. It's so funny. biggrin.gif
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • CastomelCastomel Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Um, I found the control scheme of Mario Sunshine to be rather confounding, myself, and would consider Metroid Prime, even though it's considered a shooter, to be a better platformer. That said, I do acknowledge that Mario Sunshine is probably a better platformer than KH, and I am well aware that my problems with the game do not necessarily make it a lousy title. I just think it's a bad example, personally ^^
    Whoa! Slow down there, tubby! You're not on the moon yet!
    edited January 2004
    KH was a platform game?? i tought it was an action rpg with Platform elements!!?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'm not saying that I'm a real gamer because I have a 'cube, just that I am because I know what games are the best ones, and that they're all on Gamecube[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

The GC DO NOT have the BEST games it have very good Games just like all Consoles Have Good Games.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE""The PS2 encourages developers to be lazy, or at least not pay attention to the quality of their games as opposed to the competition's"[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah .Hack is Bad so?? Or is that because .Hack is bad then all the other Games on the PS2 are bad also??So tell me then the GC don't have bad Games?confused.gif?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"but seeing as it was made after Phantasy Star Online[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

P.S.O is from Sega Not Nintendo, and no it was not made after P.S.O it was made as an imitation of a MMORPG (it was never supposed to be online, it was supposed to make you think it was online, is like a fake online RPG)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"The obvious thing here is, if you wanted a platformer, you might as well just get the best and play Mario Sunshine, and in doing so, start without any of the crippled gameplay which made KH an R.P.G. on a technicality.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Have you heard of Jak and Daxter, Jak 2 or ratchet & Clank???

LOOK im sorry if i told everybody that Homeland look Childish (even if maybe it isn't,what im saying is that the game is childish looking TO ME, Maybe it will be the best Game of all times, Who knows??)

But i still don't think that because a game Is For The GC that only make it better than any other Game, and I don't Think that the GC has The best Games,I think That it has Some Of the BEST games, Just like Any Other Console HAS some of the Best games that are now in the Market (the PS2 AND X-BOX, even Dreamcast)
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Neon_tm @ Jan. 02 2004,14:38)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You're not seeing the forest for the trees here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE""The PS2 encourages developers to be lazy, or at least not pay attention to the quality of their games as opposed to the competition's"

Yeah .Hack is Bad so?? Or is that because .Hack is bad then all the other Games on the PS2 are bad also??So tell me then the GC don't have bad Games?confused.gif?
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Look up "Encourage" in the dictionary. Look up "Force" as a verb in the dictionary, notice that they're different. Because developers can be lazy, they will be, and their game will sell because there's nothing better available on the same system. If they put dot hack on the Gamecube the way it is, it would not sell well at all because it would be sitting right beside Phantasy Star Online. If you want a game to sell on Gamecube, it has to rank among the top quality Gamecube games, forcing developers to make a game that doesn't suck. Since Nintendo doesn't release a game they're developing until it passes multiple quality check and playtests, everyone knows that Nintendo's in-house games are the best as a law, and buy them because of that. By contrast, most 3rd party products, especially those released on the other systems, fall way below the Nintendo quality bar, and the difference is astounding, so these other games tend to be ignored. Thus, the PS2 has the most games but the Gamecube has all the best games.

For clarification:
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"but seeing as it was made after Phantasy Star Online[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    means it was developed at a point in time later than Phantasy Star Online.
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Look up "Encourage" in the dictionary. ?Look up "Force" as a verb in the dictionary, notice that they're different. ?Because developers can be lazy, they will be, and their game will sell because there's nothing better available on the same system. ?If they put dot hack on the Gamecube the way it is, it would not sell well at all because it would be sitting right beside Phantasy Star Online. ?If you want a game to sell on Gamecube, it has to rank among the top quality Gamecube games, forcing developers to make a game that doesn't suck. ?Since Nintendo doesn't release a game they're developing until it passes multiple quality check and playtests, everyone knows that Nintendo's in-house games are the best as a law, and buy them because of that. ?By contrast, most 3rd party products, especially those released on the other systems, fall way below the Nintendo quality bar, and the difference is astounding, so these other games tend to be ignored. ?Thus, the PS2 has the most games but the Gamecube has all the best games.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Then they say IM the Fanboy, LOL (look at his signature)

P.S: as a law they are the best?? in what country is there such law(???), i think that law is a word a little to Strong to use it in what you just said.

P.S: Look one thing is that you like the Nintendo Games The most, another completely Different thing is that they are BY LAW the best...

edited January 2004
    Ok, if you want to be live in your magic little world...

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA, Encourage developers to be lazy... laugh.gif

Count me out of this discussion...

edited January 2004
    Is this your first time having an argument? ?Because you obviously don't seem to know anything about it, beyond perhaps the Monty Python rendition of one. ?Firstly, you should know that if you're going to start a fight in English, you should know more than you currently do about English. ?For one, in English there are words that have multiple meanings, "Law" being one of them. ?I was using Law to mean law of nature, or to put it into a more general perspective, natural forces (force as a noun, this time), such as gravity, weak and strong nuclear forces, &c. ?That Nintendo games are always consistently high raters, and have such polish as to consistently put them above the genre-equivalent efforts of 3rd parties makes Nintendo games comparable to such a natural force. ?So when I said that they were by law, I was talking metaphorically.

Everyone on every gaming board is unconditionally a fanboy, by their having an opinion that someone will disagree with, and by their registering on the board to express it, pening themselves to being called the meaningless moniker. ?The only way someone could not be a fanboy, is to leave the board of their own will and in fact, close themselves up into a box with devices to provide nutrients so that they may never express their opinions again.

edited January 2004
    look what im saying, is that is really stupid to say that Nintendo Make the better games every time, It's true That the Gc Has some of the Best Games that are currently in any console, BUT they ARE SOME of the best not all of them, im saying that you are a fanboy not because you really,really like Nintendo Games but because you can't accept that other consoles and companys have made games that are equally impresive and good that the ones made by NINTENDO...

It's all a matter of opinion really, if you really like more the nintendo games is you're opinion i can't say anything about that, but you are not making it a matter of opinion you are saying that they make the best games PERIOD...

I really didn't want to continue this argument, not because it was my first time (and maybe i don't speak perfect english) in one or because i didn't know what to say to you, but because i really didn't want to hear your obtuse behavior...

P.S: i still don't want to hear it, so this is all i wanted to really say, you can from now continue without me smile.gif
  • CyllyaCyllya Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"About Baten Kaitos, who thinks that if a game makes the bottom of the top ten, it bombs? The top ten is called the TOP ten for a reason, that being it's the official list of games that did not bomb. The ones that debut lower on the list are the ones that tend to sell steadily for a long time. If anyone thinks that BK bombed, they're either fanboyishly generating more propaganda, or fooled into believing someone else's.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Last I heard BK's numbers, they were of the sort that cause those of us hoping for the game's success to cringe. I don't remember what they were. I'm recalling five digits.

Being in the top ten doesn't necessarily mean that you've done well, just that you done better than all but up to nine others.

Homeland... hmm.... The noses in this game scare me. Maybe they grow on you after a while or something.....
    edited January 2004
    Neon, well, you'll probably want to practice arguing on Spanish boards, and I encourage that you do argue, as it greatly helps develop your communications skills if you do it right, especially when you're young. ?As long as you keep it above mindless flaming and knee-jerk contradiction, you'll become a good arguer, negotiator, debater, &c.

As for Nintendo, they, along with Atsushi Inaba and Shinji Mikami of Capcom, seem to be the only company (and individuals) not putting "Bash Nintendo" on their priority lists, and they are the only company big enough to afford to maintain a huge, dedicated quality check team like Mario Club, so it's only logical that the games that pass the Mario Club test are the most difficult to beat quality wise, impossible even as is pretty easily proven through gameplay, so they are, as a collective, the best games. ?Anything else, IMO, isn't worth paying real money for.

Cyllya, recall the Mario 2 pattern, initially modest sales, followed by a word-of-mouth boost. ?The game is good; the Goldeneye factor alone will keep it selling. ?And wouldn't doing better than all but up to nine others be the same as doing well? ?I'd say making the top ten would be doing well, especially seeing as it's something like a several tens of games list.

I prefer the noses in Homeland to the noseless characters of many Atlus-developed games. ?Super Dodge Ball Advance is a shudder and a half, add another shudder when you consider that the coaches are there for the sole purpose of looking appealing to the player.

edited January 2004
    Neon, a piece of advice: Don't take a person seriously when they use the phrase "hardcore gamer" and aren't using it to make a joke.
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Slayer of God @ Jan. 05 2004,10:46)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Neon, a piece of advice: Don't take a person seriously when they use the phrase "hardcore gamer" and aren't using it to make a joke.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    True That, LOL
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Neon_tm @ Jan. 05 2004,13:32)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Slayer of God @ Jan. 05 2004,10:46)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Neon, a piece of advice: Don't take a person seriously when they use the phrase "hardcore gamer" and aren't using it to make a joke.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    True That, LOL[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Addendum: Ignore this rule if that person makes more than one thousand times the money that you do.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Well then, I guess he'll never have a reason to ignore the rule with you then.

Dracos
    *Adds to the stupid followups of a silly tangent*
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Q. Mulative @ Jan. 06 2004,09:58)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Neon_tm @ Jan. 05 2004,13:32)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"
    Neon, a piece of advice: Don't take a person seriously when they use the phrase "hardcore gamer" and aren't using it to make a joke.
    <span id='postcolor'>
    True That, LOL[/quote]
    Addendum: Ignore this rule if that person makes more than one thousand times the money that you do.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    And if I actually cared what an elitist rich guy thought, I would.

But seeing as I don't, screw him.