If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Best RPG Battle music?

2»

Comments

• King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Plug @ Dec. 21 2003,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Man, I can't believe I forgot Parasite Eve. ?Thank you, Jowy. ?Yes, Arise Within You is a very above average battle tune. ?The dark, ambiant undercurrents of the song really accentuate the bleaker themes and atmosphere of the game.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That and extremely original...I don't think I have ever heard such a mellow piece in a game during any action sequence. ?If you can think of any, remind me, because I am drawing a blank...(of course, it could be the fact that it is almost 1 in the morning after a full shift at work.)

Regardless, Plug...you've got excellent taste...oh, and if you can tell me what the track is called when you fight RoboRat in Revelations: Persona, I would be much obliged. That was an awesome battle theme, as well.

• yazarc420yazarc420 Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Romancing SaGa 3 has my favorite. A close second would be Grandia XTreme's "Combat 1".

Riki's Final Boss from SaGa Frontier is another excellent battle theme.....I'm a sucker for Kenji Ito, what can I say?
  • Evil King StanEvil King Stan Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Augh. I hate Midi, or anything that sounds like it. HatehatehatehateHATEHATE[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe, I love midis! I have hundreds of musics downloaded just in midi form tounge.gif Mainly for RPG Maker, but I do find myself listening to them just for the sake of listening to them.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Yellow 11 @ Dec. 21 2003,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Everyone voting for Grandia II, uh which battle theme? tounge.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Here's a list for you Yellow:

Fight!! ver. 1: The regular battle theme. You run up to a random enemy and fight it.

Fight!! ver. 2: The surprised battle theme. An enemy gets the drop on you.

Fight!! ver. 3: The regular boss battle theme. Used for all standard bosses.

Fight!! ver. 4: The Valmar battle theme. Used for when you fight the pieces of Valmar.

Fight!! ver. 5: The final battle theme. Speaks for itself.

Hope that clears up any confusion. biggrin.gif

Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • DragonsoulDragonsoul Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Best rpg music...That's tough.

Edit: Ah, I'm stupid. I thought it said best rpg music. Not just battle music. My bad.

FF1: I guess what matters is which version we are talking about. In either case, my fav of all time is The Floating Castle...though I really liked the Sea Shrine, too.

FF4: Mount Ordeals. I'm not sure why, except there's a feeling of excitement and redemption. The crystal room theme was rather lovely, too. And Zemus's music was extermely fitting.

FF6: Cyan's theme. It's hauntingly beautiful. So sad, so proud. Dancing mad (Last boss music) was so nutty I had to love it! Vector had a theme that really matched the chaotic machine-driven atmosphere.

FF7: Jenova's battle music really grabbed me for some reason. It seemed evil yet powerful. Aeris theme is one of the best ever, as it's so well-delivered. And, I really loved the One-Winged Angel track. On the computer its just amazing.

FF10: The music that's played in a certain scene with Yuna and Tidus I found charming and cute. The last boss music in this game really rocked too.

CT: Well, since Magus is my all-around fav character, all of the music related to him (castle music, battle music, character music) gets a thumbs up from me. However, I loved Glenn's theme as well. But, I find myself playing Enhasa's theme most often for some reason.

SOtN: Again, boss music. I think there's a reoccuring theme here. Aside from that, I am the Wind and the music played in the library are two of my favs.

• SevenStarSevenStar Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    best world map musics have to be
    600AD map chrono trigger

final fantasy 9 after you return from terra

final fantasy 8 world map
  • hyrule herohyrule hero Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    smile.gif golden sun is pretty good but i really like the battle music on Skies Of Arcadia
  • Red SonicRed Sonic Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    My favorite comes from FFIX. Yes, there was a FFIX, it just seems to be the forgotten step-child of the series despite being my favorite. The boss music for this game was very good, IMO. It really gave you the sens that this is the cultimation of what you've been fighting to get through. Also, each boss battle is followed by an extension of the story, which made you know you were fighting towards something.

Just my opinion, but I'll stick with it. FFX's boss music just sucked--especaily the last music. I had to hit the mute button for it, I got so sick of it.
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"FFX's boss music just sucked--especaily the last music. I had to hit the mute button for it, I got so sick of it.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I liked FFX's boss music, and the music when you fight that "<span class="spoiler">Big Jecht thing (Sorry, I'm terrible at remembering name's)</span>" but I hate hate HATE the music when you "<span class="spoiler">Fight the possessed summon's and that little Yevon-bug-blob-demi-using thing</span>"
  • Double_BDouble_B Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    anything, ANYTHING from Sakuraba SO2 music is AWESOME, sounds so much heroic!!!! biggrin.gif
  • BloodysinBloodysin Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I've got three games with excellent battle music to mention.

1. final fantasy 7 - one winged angel.
    2. xenogears - when fighting Maria.
    3. final fantasy tactics - like the orchestral battle themes.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I may be the only one, but I really like the rather calm and ambient music that accompanies Aya Brea in Parasite Eve whenever she enters into combat.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Oh, heh. Don't worry, you're not the only one. The whole PE soundtrack is special, I can't believe I forgot about it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Oh, I gotta give the award to Tsugunai! All the music, including battle music, is awesome! The last 3 last boss song is even better![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I haven't played this game, but the music is something of a kind, like most things Yasunori Mitsuda composes. Too bad the game was so overshadowed by other RPG's.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"3. final fantasy tactics - like the orchestral battle themes. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, some of them were REALLY good. I love the battle music for the fight in Dorter Trade City, that's my favorite music in the whole game.
  • Sephiroth KnightSephiroth Knight New Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Deus EX Harpa or whatnot from GRANDIA 3, i beat the game and the music at the last boss battle was gopod...( hope thats not a spoiler..) anyhow man ..all i have to say is the games music is so good i cried when i beat the game.

• DassrallionDassrallion Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I would have to say Weapon Attack from Final Fantasy VII or Decisive Battle from Final Fantasy V.
  • HotRodimusPrimeHotRodimusPrime New Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Without a doubt the Battle music from Grandia 2.
    Boss Music from Chrono Trigger.
    Town and Map music from Albert Odyssey.
    Honourable mention to Final Fantasy 6 and Panzer Dragoon Saga.
    edited February 2004
    Just about every battle theme from Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits. Say what you want about the rest of the game, but Homei Matsuda knows how to do battle music.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Slayer:

Odd, checking the OST file I have on that seems to not attribute anything to that name. It attributes most the battle music to a "Yuko Fukushima".

Dunno if that's wrong. *shrugs*

Dracos
    edited February 2004
    After looking at the booklet in the OST, we're both partly correct.

Homei Matsuda produced the album. But since whenever I run it in WinAmp it says his name, I just thought...

Anyway, from what I'm reading, Yuko Fukushima composed and arranged the following tracks: 3, 5, 8, 9, 12, 14, 15, 17, 18, 25, 35, 37, and 38. A good number of those are the battle tracks, but not all.

The rest were composed and arranged by Masahiro Andoh, Takayuki Hattori, Koji Sakurai, and Takashi Harada.
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    -FF6 boss music, this song just gets you into the groove of battle

-FF7 hurry song

-Parasite Eve battle song

-Jenova FF7 battle song
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Anything from GameArts.
  • AnimeGamer183AnimeGamer183 Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    most defenitley Skies of Arcadia its cool how the tempo of the music depends on how you are doing in battle like if your dying the music changes and it will change again when you start to win and gain health
  • Rent CavalierRent Cavalier Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    One

Winged

Angel!

Also: Laguna's theme, The second disk them from Grandia, Suikoden Gothic Neclord, Crono Cross: Dragoon's theme, Crono Cross: People imprisoned by fate, Final Battle FFVI, Crono Cross: Omni Dragon Battle, FFX: Otherworld.
  • bhsbhs Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Unlimited Saga has incredible battle music.