If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

We need a chat room! Who's with me?

FF_Freak_4_LifeFF_Freak_4_Life MemberFull Members
edited September 2002 in Site & Forum Support
Y'know what? I think it would be REALLY cool if we had a chat room on this site! Don't get me wrong, the message boards here are fine, but in a chat room, we can be more interactive with each other more so than here. I mean, we should keep the message boards, we should just have a chat room,too! who's with me?

Comments

• maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited August 2002
    They actually do(tho it isn't publicized)
    Here's how to get on it:

1. Get an IRC program like mIRC
    2. Use it to go to irc.rpgamer.com
    3. Type /join #rpgamer

There...The old RPGamer chatroom!
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • ASVASV Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
  • SeraphicLawSeraphicLaw Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    Eee! All the instruction thingy is confusing. I'll pass. I rather stay here instead. It's very humble here. A little quiet, but humble non-the-less.
  • The Chosen OneThe Chosen One Banned Banned Users
    edited August 2002
    I think it would be really cool to be in a chat room with you guys, especially now I kinda know some of you. smile.gif tounge.gif

Does any1 use it then ?? confused.gif
  • diamond25diamond25 Member Full Members
    edited August 2002
    Yeah i m quite surprised that there wasno chat room here.Put my vote in for one.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited September 2002
    But there is, there is. It's just no one seems to be lookin' for the IRC faq. They even have a Java Applet to connect with(don't ask me if it works tho)

Oh and if you wanna get mIRC, here's mIRC's webpage.

93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • jeppojeppo Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    i vote for a chat room where you dont need mirc,
    just like the RATM chatroom......
  • oldnavy_2k2oldnavy_2k2 Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    (another excuse to use tons of emoticons, Chosen)

but a chat room would be intresting, i wouldn't mind
  • Options
    edited September 2002
    You are right! Thos edirections are confusing. I will just stick with ye ol' forums of messageith.
  • LeonLeon Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    For some reason I'm banned from #rpgamer, even though I've never been there before. Am I really that disliked?
  • Jade2fro2Jade2fro2 Banned Banned Users
    edited September 2002
    Yes we shoould have a chat room in this site!!
    I think its a great idea so i'm
    with you!!!!! I am a no member..
    But I sure have alote to do!!! wink.gif sad.gif confused.gif
  • felixleongfelixleong Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    No, Leon, it's not your problem. But some IRC channels bans visitors of certain ISPs, or reasons that I don't really know (usually on the technical aspects). So blame your ISP smile.gif.

I'm no expert in IRC so I can't give you any exact reasons for that.
  • ReignReign New Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    I'm actually glad you guys posted about it. I just NOW got there... smile.gif I've returned from my long absence....not like I'm remembered much here at the forums anyhow wink.gif
  • wyvernlordwyvernlord Banned Banned Users
    edited September 2002
    ... I went to chat and my friend went to chat... You people are cruel... Now I'm not going back! *is probably going to leave the MB if it's like that here*

• felixleongfelixleong Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (wyvernlord @ Sep. 24 2002,04:16)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"... I went to chat and my friend went to chat... You people are cruel... Now I'm not going back! *is probably going to leave the MB if it's like that here*[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That's the reason I don't usually chat in IRC smile.gif.
    [sidenote: and I got fed up with the a/s/l thingy... *LOL*]

Anyway, the MB is much better... at least most people here are quite friendly and not being rude for no particular reason.
  • wyvernlordwyvernlord Banned Banned Users
    edited September 2002
    *sigh* I hope so... I'll go to the chat much less... But I've had bad pasts with MB... So I usually rarely get on MB... Everyone usually wants to flame me and I thought that no flame rule would be a good oppertunity for me, but it apparently doesn't count for that Chat...