If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG's with multiple endings

HotRodimusPrimeHotRodimusPrime New MemberFull Members
edited January 2004 in Role Playing Games
Hi to all,

I was doing a personal project and had a question I really need answered. I need to know all RPG's on the NES, Master System, SNES, Genesis, GameBoy, PSX and Dreamcast with more than one ending for games that have been released in the US and games that never got out of Japan. If I could get the names of the games and the number of endings for each. Thanks alot

Comments

• GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    PSX

Star Ocean 2: The Second Story
    Valkyrie Profile

Can't think of any more.
  • bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Either Master System or Genesis
    Phantasy Star III, I believe

PSX
    Suikoden I has a slighlty different ending

That's all I've got for now
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Suikoden II - 3 endings I think.
  • Double_BDouble_B Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    PSX
    tactics ogre......... it has 13 I think
    C. Cross
    .....does Parasite Eve counts?
  • bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    PSX
    Chrono Trigger, completely forgot about it tounge.gif
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • PhatosePhatose Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Dragon Warrior for the NES - 2 (though, the bad ending wasn't much of an ending at all)

Phantasy Star 3 for the genesis - 4, one for each final generation possible

SNES

Live a live - Japan only - 2 (orstedd ending/everyone else ending)

Digital Devil Story - Japan only - 3 (order/chaos/neutral)

Uncharter waters:New Horizons - 6, I believe, one for each character

Sailor Moon: Another Story - Japan only - 2 (Good ending/lesser ending)

Ogre Battle - Lots

Castlevania: SotN for PSX - 4 endings
  • lord-of-shadowlord-of-shadow Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bebop007 @ Jan. 14 2004,21:52)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"PSX
    Chrono Trigger, completely forgot about it tounge.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Hey hey hey, the SNES deserves the credit for that game ;)
  • bhsbhs Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Growlanser - 5 endings
    Growlanser II - ? endings (It does have multiple endings, but I only beat the game once. I'm not sure how many there are)
    SaGa Frontier - 10 endings (There are 7 characters. You can get 1 ending for 5 characters; 2 and 3 endings for the remaining 2 characters)
    Shadow Hearts - 2 endings
    Shin Megami Tensei - 3 endings
    Shin Megami Tensei II - 3 endings
    Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne - 5 endings
    Summon Night 3 - 19 endings apparently
    Viorate no Atelier - Gramnaat no Renkinjutsushi 2 - 7 endings
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (lord-of-shadow @ Jan. 14 2004,20:21)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bebop007 @ Jan. 14 2004,21:52)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"PSX
    Chrono Trigger, completely forgot about it tounge.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Hey hey hey, the SNES deserves the credit for that game ;)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    True, but the PSX version had two more endings.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • MuusMuus Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    ummm ...
    Seiken Densetsu 3 (SoM2) Did have a few different storylines and endings. But if you want to understand these you've got to play it "illegally" for it has never been released in the US

Did Legend of Mana have mutiple endings confused.gif
    I think it might have but i never tried to find out because it was hard enough to motivate me to play it to the end even once ...
  • SevenStarSevenStar Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    all of the breath of fire series 1-4 at least not played 5 have a good and bad ending (1&2 on snes and gba 3&4 on psx)
    kingdom hearts has an editional secret ending if that counts(ps2)
    unlimited saga (ps2)
    star ocean 1 (snes)
    star ocean 3 i presume it will follow suit (ps2)

thats all i can think of
  • Evil King StanEvil King Stan Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I can't think of much at the moment... All that comes to mind that hasn't been mentioned is Granstream Saga for PSX.
  • HotRodimusPrimeHotRodimusPrime New Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Phatose @ Jan. 14 2004,20:14
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Sailor Moon: Another Story - Japan only - 2 (Good ending/lesser ending)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Damm I finished that one like a year ago now I have to do it again to see the second ending
  • BloodysinBloodysin Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Star Ocean 2 and Chronochross come to mind.
  • XenoskeiXenoskei Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I Heard the Tales of Phantasia had 2 endings and i know star ocean 2 had over 80
  • GutsynessGutsyness New Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    I don't think Tales of Phantasia has 2 endings.

Persona (japanese version) has two completely different storylines with two different endings for each. Since one of the storyline has been dummied out in the US release (Snow Queen), then US players can only see two endings out of four.

Persona 2 Eternal Punishment also had different endings... or should I say variations, like in Star Ocean 2.

Final Fantasy 6 also has multiple endings. It's kinda weird to finish the game with JUST Celes, Edgar and Setzer when people would usually finish it with all characters.

Parasite Eve has 2 endings.