If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

You need an anime section!

Bring on the anime thread!confused.gif 0_o

Comments

• ViperViper Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    This is a RPG based site. Why would you replace a forum that's about an RPG, and replace it with anime?
  • SeraphicLawSeraphicLaw Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    OR! You can ask for an extra forum for Anime, instead of taking out the DW forum. But I don't know much about Anime anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me.
  • Options
    edited September 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Viper @ Sep. 06 2002,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"This is a RPG based site. Why would you replace a forum that's about an RPG, and replace it with anime?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Well people whom like RPG's usually like amine/manga. Anime is like an RPG most of the time especially the story part. And Anime is popular among gamers. It seems that the DW thread isn't doing too well also. Well forget about deleting the DW thread then. Just add an anime thread? I should do a vote maybe?

• DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    Ooh ooh ooh!

I know I don't like anime!

You'll never see me in there.
  • Darth_yogiDarth_yogi Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    i dont get to watch anime.. and this is an rpg board not an anime board, and as its part of rpgamer it should be covering rpgs... um, im going to sleep now.. be thankfull for the misc bored.. tounge.gif
  • The AthenianThe Athenian Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    The best reason for not making an entire thread for anime is...

...hardly anyone ever talks about anime on these boards anyway!

Am I wrong?
  • Options
    edited September 2002
    I acctually would if there was a board about it.
    But,true this is an RPG site,if you want anime discusion you should go to an Anime board.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited September 2002
    Adding an Anime Forum .. hrm. It is very true that many of the RPGs today are insipred or directly from an anime series, and it is also true that many famous RPGs have anime series made from them, so this shows us that anime and RPGs are intertwined to some respect.

I suppose I could run a poll and see if an anime forum would be a welcome addition. What do you think? :>
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • MalangoMalango Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    I agree that a manga forum would be a good idea, and it should replace the dragon warrior one cos it never gets used much, I'm not to sure a manga one would actually get used any more than the dragon warrior one , but it would be better over all I think wink.gif smile.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FireMyst @ Sep. 09 2002,07:11)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I suppose I could run a poll and see if an anime forum would be a welcome addition. ?What do you think? :>[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yes that would be great if you could.

This may be an RPG site but then why is there a "Miscellaneous
    Open forum. World events, funny comics, whatever you want."?

Simple. Because just talking about games isn't enough to keep us amused in the Msg boards.

• Holy DragoonHoly Dragoon Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    I would be all for an anime topic, but it would be much better if it was just added and didn't replace anything.

"If you can't beat'em, arrange to have'em beaten"
    --George Carlin
  • Options
    edited September 2002
    Isn't there an artwork area that could sorta cover the anime topic? Just wondering....
  • Options
    edited September 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Isn't there an artwork area that could sorta cover the anime topic? Just wondering....[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yuo sound like you never even watched anime.
  • felixleongfelixleong Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    To some extent, I had to agree with Viper: this is a site for RPGs, and therefore it should be classified in the misc section.

There might be RPGs that was based on anime/manga (or vice versa), but I don't think it deserves a new board.
    [Sidenote: a quick search on the message board shows that the keyword "anime" only shows in about 20 topics]
  • MalangoMalango Member Full Members
    edited September 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"felixleong Posted on Sep. 14 2002,10:33

a quick search on the message board shows that the keyword "anime" only shows in about 20 topics[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

and the word dragon warrior 3 topics biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I think an anime forum would get used , the reason there isn't loads of anime threads is becuase the is no actual section for it biggrin.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2002
    So whats the verdict FireMyst?
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited October 2002
    Well, no matter the final decision about the inclusion of an anime board, it would seem rather daft for a RPG website to delete the board of Japan's highest selling RPG series to make room for it. Any single RPG that can sell four million copies in under three days deserves some sort of special recognition.
  • TempestTempest Member Full Members
    edited October 2002
    Heh i agree with you Rico...the DW games are really a hit in japan,but they are not as popular here.

I wouldnt care if you made an anime thread...just make a new one and dont get rid of DW,i still like the games, and i look at them