If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne

bhsbhs MemberFull Members
edited February 2004 in Site & Forum Support
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2002/101002f.html

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne was reported as being the third in the Persona series which it isn't. Normally, I wouldn't bring it up, but I've read a few posts on the RPGamer message boards from several people saying that they're "interested in" or "would like to see a localization of" Persona 3, and I'm sure it's because of that article. For the most part, you guys are great with news posts. However, the error in the Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne article seems to be causing some confusion... Would it be possible for you guys to change the article from this:
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Persona Now A Trilogy
The long-awaited third installment in the Persona series is in the works at Atlus, as evidenced by the game's website, which has gone live.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
...to this?
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Shin Megami Tensei Now A Trilogy
The long-awaited third installment in the Shin Megami Tensei series is in the works at Atlus, as evidenced by the game's website, which has gone live.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Comments

• NiuNiu Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Ah! Megaten3! It hurts! For I have no cash to buy Maniacs. I have to save it for SH2 and B/M00. Why doe sit have to eb out right now!
  • bhsbhs Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I'll let you know for sure when my copy arrives, but I think it's just an upgraded version of the original. The storyline only diverges for short periods of time (like when you encounter Dante or go into Amara Shinkai), but for the most part, it's the same game. What really sucks is that you apparently can't transfer your entire Akuma Zensho; you can only transfer five randomly selected demons. Thankfully, they're usually your strongest ones, but you're still bound by the level limit so you can't even summon them until the end of the game... sad.gif
    What I'm mostly interested in is the preview video for the new Megaten title.

I'm hoping it's a new Devil Summoner ?smile.gif
    edited February 2004
    Certainly hope so..... Devil Summoner is the best Megaten spin off out there. I still replays Soul Hackers a lot.
  • bhsbhs Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Nope. It's called Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner.

http://gameonline.jp/news/2004/02/04027.html

It sounds... interesting. Atlus R&D1 has never let me down before so I'll trust them on this one. It's an intriguing idea, the whole "eating your enemies" system that they've adopted, but I'll have to wait and see how well it was done.
    edited February 2004
    The eating part certainly is interetsing. but I am not too fund of the part where the remove the negotiation. I always liked that part of the series.