If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Your 1st ever RPG

13»

Comments

• RuinRuin Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Tales of Symphonia.
  • fuzzyngfuzzyng Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Zelda was my first actionRPG, but my first straight RPG game was Dragon Warrior... My first RPG on the SNES was Zelda, but my favorite (Other than LoZ) on the SNES was Secret of Mana... my first RPG on the Playstation was FF7... that was THE reason I bought a PSX laugh.gif i never bought a PS2 but my friend let me borrow his to play FFX and I was told the other day that I could borrow it again to play FFX2 (which I'm begining to look forward to)...
  • DeshrillDeshrill Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    My first console RPG was "Dragon Warrior" for the NES. I was in second grade at the time and a friend of mine who was in middle school owned a copy and I would go over to watch him play... I eventually got a copy of it for Christmas and played it a lot. The music in the series still holds up decently today, although the sheer amount of leveling up you have to do in that game is a big turn off for me whenever I try to replay it from the beginning.
  • Rent CavalierRent Cavalier Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Secrets of Evermore, Illusion of Gaia. REALLY GREAT, UNAPPRECIATED GEMS!

Also, Zelda: Link to the Past.
  • mr. nailsmr. nails Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    my first ever console rpg was dragon warrior. my friend bought it and i stayed at his place 'til i beat it. then i bought it and beat it like 3 more times. then the "remake" came out for gba and i bought it and beat it again. love it!
    [url=\"relaxl.png[/url]
    *Short Video Link in Banner*
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruin @ Feb. 19 2004,18:17)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Tales of Symphonia.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You've only been playing RPGs for a little more than 6 months, and on top of it all, a japanese-imported one? Weird... what did you do on these boards back in 2002?

Or perhaps you meant another game?

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • KitsuneKitsune Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Legend of Zelda 2. Not a normal Zelda, but meh! My second cousin or whatever fandangled relative he was, let me play it. I didn't know what an RPG was until late 1990's when my friend was playing FF7.
  • adar_gadar_g Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    It was Zelda, but that was before I knew what an RPG was, so then I have to say it was Dragon Warrior. Now I'm nostalgic...
  • NoahNoah New Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    My first was actually Final Fantasy VII. heh, my brothers friend brought it over one day and i could put it down. Just wish they would release some games that would do that to me now. sad.gif

Man, i really need a new RPG to play, im sick of all these dissapointments. sad.gif used to be fun way back when, but now it seems i only play because there's nothing else to do...
  • virtualsmithvirtualsmith New Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Wizardry. The first one. I spent an entire summer over at my friends house playing it on his computer. We'd take turns, one mapping on graph paper (and giving directions to the other) and the other controlling the party.

That was an awesome game, at the time...
  • TheFoxTheFox Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Apart from brief flirtations with early Final Fantasy games the first RPG I properly played was Diablo. I was a latecomer to videogames smile.gif
  • MageoftheSandsMageoftheSands Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I can't really remember. It was ether Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy or Ultima for the NES. I was a little kid, so I was afraid to leave town. Never actually played Ultima. I would leave town, get bored, and change games. I would go as far as Elf land in FF. Much later, and much determination later, I got to the Temple of Fiends, found it way to hard, and gave up. Never went anywhere with DW. DW3, was the first RPG I "got in to." Couldn't make it through the castle of the first evil master.

First RPG I beat? Final Fantasy 2. The US one.
  • RiotRiotRiotRiot Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chromotrigger @ Feb. 19 2004,07:38)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I confronted my first ActionRPG when i was only 4 years old. It was "The Legend of Zelda" for the NES, and i was really overwhelmed.
    After that it was Startropics, also for the NES ( a rather good game, if anyone remeber it).

But my first real RPG was "Breath of Fire II" for the Snes and in my opinion it is still one of the best RPGs ever made! ? smile.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Star Tropics was friggin' sweet.
  • Rent CavalierRent Cavalier Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    *agrees*

VOTE FOR ME!!!