If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Wich RPG(s) are you playing right now?

Comments

• GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bhs @ Jan. 21 2004,19:50)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Where's the fun in that? ?smile.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I usually don't like getting tangled up in multiple storylines
  • SevenStarSevenStar Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nick @ Jan. 17 2004,16:55)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Just finished Kingdom Hearts.

Now.....I wait until I can buy those Dark Cloud games. (Out of curiosity, what are people's opinions on the Dark Cloud series?)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    if you enjoyed kingdom herats than i think youd like DC2 especially if you enjoy the odd fishing mini game or even golf
    and remember keep your receipt just in case! biggrin.gif
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Final Fantasy Tactics - Currently trying to defeat Queklain
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Ok well I just beat Shenmue 2 and StarWars:KOTOR.

Now I'm playing FinalFantasy X-2 (24 hours into it), Dragon Warrior 4 (Chapter 2, felt like playing it again) and FinalFantasy Tactics Advance (great game, 34 hours into it).

Next Console RPG: Castlevania:Lament of Innocence
    Next Handheld RPG: Mario&Luigi
  • GuttermouthGuttermouth Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Too many! (and I shouldn't be)

Disgaea
    Xenosaga
    Final Fantasy X-2
    Final Fantasy 7
    Final Fantasy 6 (3)

And a few other non rpg games of course. smile.gif
  • gameologistgameologist Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Finnaly slowed down my gaming as I was going broke and I was not attending school. Now that I am studying Game Design I have a reason to game, for Ideas.
    CONSOLE: FFX-2, way to easy beyond compare.
    PC: Anarchy Online, just started and Im a loner sad.gif
    Plan to play, Old School Zelda 1 and 2 with the promotional disk I got.
    Also wanna run through either Baldurs gate 2 expansion or finnaly play the fallout series.
  • peloipeloi Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    both strategy games but i'm currently playing Disgaea and Final Fantasy Advance.
  • Options
    edited January 2004
    Legend Of Zelda OoT
    Tales of Phantasia

waiting for Tales of Symphonia to come in, lol...it's taking so long!
  • -=Magnum-PI=--=Magnum-PI=- Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. Great game for RPG and Star Wars fans alike. Having recently aqcuired my first PC ever, Im ordering a lot of old Sierra classics on ebay. I just beat Conquests of Camelot, and am moving on to Quest for Glory IV.
  • SoupDuckSoupDuck Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Hmmmm, finished Chrono Cross last week. I was pretty good, not the best game ever, but I enjoyied it. It made me want to play through Chrono Trigger again, for like the 8th time, and now I'm at Lavos already ;) . Next on my list is FFIX, I have played it, but do to circumstances out of my control I've yet to own a copy of it. Well, until last week, now I'll finally finish it.

Anyone else notice that besides a bunch of new Square-Enix "Greatest Hits" releases, the old Square "Greatest Hits" seem to be around in abundent supply as well lately (Like FF7)?
  • NiuNiu Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Currently Playing:

Phantom Brave-

Got nearly eveything. Only thign left is to find Yashitsuna. But I can't find it anywhere. The worst case it is that it randomly appears in Random Dungeons... if so it'll be some extreme pain.

SO3 DC-

At th epoint fo heading to Lava Cave to fight Crosel. Almost done with first half of the game.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited February 2004
    Me?

Currently Playing:
    Kingdom Hearts. Still can't beat Sephy, may just beat it..
    FFX - Finally succumed to the temptation. Just wanna get the Celestial Weapons (darn that chocobo race. Still need to get a perfect run so I can get Tidus's!)
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I'm playing Disgaea. ?Initially, I loved it, but I'm not so sure if I do anymore. ?I've gotten to the point where it's very, very tempting to make new characters with higher starting stats, but I'm torn between the characters I have already and ones I could be making. ?That, and I don't see any way I'm ever going to get anywhere close to level 99, much less level 9999. ?Then again, I've only got about 13 hours logged, so who knows.

Blah.

EDIT: Holy typo Batman.

edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Desh @ Feb. 03 2004,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'm playing Disgaea. ?Initially, I loved it, but I'm not so sure if I do anymore. ?I've gotten to the point where it's very, very tempting to make new characters with higher starting stats, but I'm torn between the characters I have already and ones I could be making. ?That, and I don't see any way I'm ever going to get anywhere close to level 99, much less level 9999. ?Then again, I've only got about 13 hours logged, so whow knows.

Blah.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That's exactly what hapened to me...after around 10+ hours I wasn't too sure about the game that I loved at first.
  • NiuNiu Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    You guys think too much. The main story part of game can be done without any transmigration. And for new characters, in later stages, it becoems alot easier to gain exp. Is it ch.5 or 6, ther eis a easy map that gives you big expereince letting you fight a dragon.
  • DeShawnDeShawn New Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I'm currently playing...

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest ! laugh.gif

I was actually trying to get through Xenosaga after giving up on it, but my PS2 just decided to stop reading DVDs... mad.gif
  • Daniel36Daniel36 Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Hehehh, seems I am definitly not the only person who loves his FF6 and Suikoden series above all!

Right now I am into Front Mission 3, fun game! But my blood is boiling for Suikoden once more! Now if only I can get my hands on a US version of part 1, I could load the data in 2, eventually buying 3 and 4 to do the same with 3.... Unless they DO decide to release S3 in Europe (to coincide with the EU Release of Suikoden 4) then I am all the happier, since I also know someone who is willing to sell me his (EXTREMELY rare) copy of a European Suikoden 2.

Now all I need is a PS2 and I am all set LOL!

Is it weird I own 2 copies of FF6 (SNES and PS), and about to own 2 copies of Suikoden 2 (US and EU)? Oh and also 2 copies of Chrono Trigger (SNES and PS) come to think of it... Ah, and lets not forget my 2 Breath of Fire (SNES and GBA)copies....

I'm such a money waster!
  • An FF OriginalAn FF Original Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I just recently ordered Breath of Fire 3, the only Breath of Fire I haven't played, but until it arrives, I'm playing FFIX again....
  • LinkOcarinaManLinkOcarinaMan Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Daniel36 @ Feb. 04 2004,05:36)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Hehehh, seems I am definitly not the only person who loves his FF6 and Suikoden series above all![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    you are right. Certainly not the only one.

FFVI is my favorite RPG of all time, Suikoden II is my 2nd favorite RPG of all time, and Suikoden III is also in my top 10.

You would have to be crazy not to love FFVI and Suikoden.

I feel like playing the Suikoden series again, starting with 1 and ending with 3 smile.gif
    edited February 2004
    Ok well I just beat Castlevania:LoI. It was a good game, but with a lot of flaws. Short and quite boring actually. Oh and it was on the easy side.

Right now I'm still trying to beat FFTA (60 hours in it) and I just started Xenosaga. Love it so far.
  • DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I don't think I can finish Disgaea. I can hardly bring myself to do ANYTHING in it anymore - I'm extremely bored with it. But I can't let a game I've started go unfinished, so I'm still pecking away at it, slowly but surely. I just started Episode 9, if you're wondering.
    edited February 2004
    As I think I said earlier in this thread, I feel your pain Desh, I feel it. You're actually the first person I know that hardly like this game, and for the same reasons as me. Be my friend for that.
  • RosewoodRosewood Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    It's been a good long since I posted in this thread... smile.gif

FFT: I'm on the last chapter of my second playthrough, and am at about the time I quit last time. I really love this game, but after playing it for 50 hours I'm about ready for it to be over. Maybe 12 units is too much to have in a FFT party, as it takes for-stinkin'-ever to level them up, even doing cheap stuff like "throw stone" at each other.

Morrowind GOTY Edition (XB): Talk about floundering. I've never played a game like this in my life and have no idea what I'm doing (trying to avoid resorting to the player's book so early). So far I've talked to a bunch of ppl and gotten myself killed in a battle with two cave rats. I'm feeling pretty un-mighty! confused.gif
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Hm... I'm just recently finished with Knights of the Old Republic (PC-version) , and I'm quite unsure of what I'm going to do now...

I'm like 10 hours in on Skies of Arcadia Legends, but so far, it has yet to impress me... perhaps I'll continue on that one now.

Other than that, I'm mostly playing games from other genres for the moment.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Just started the Arc the Lad collection. I'm trudging my way through I now, anxious to get to II, because I've heard nothing but great things about it.
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bebop007 @ Feb. 23 2004,18:54)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Just started the Arc the Lad collection. I'm trudging my way through I now, anxious to get to II, because I've heard nothing but great things about it.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Then let me be the one to burst your bubble. Arc II starts off great. But after you defeat the first major enemy(avoiding spoilers here) it just gets tedious.

"Oh yeah, I want to level up my characters for over an hour just so they can do a decent amount of damage to the enemies in the next dungeon! Oh yeah, make sure to have my "clerics" almost unable to kill any enemies, therefore rendering them unable to keep up with my other characters levels!"

You know, I seem to recall Arc the Lad having the same problem, which probably explains why you're "trudging" through it.

Everything else about Arc II is cool though. Just expect gameplay that makes it a chore to see that cool stuff.
    edited February 2004
    Yep, that hit the nail right on the head laugh.gif But does II at least have currency. An rpg without currency is just depressing.
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
    edited February 2004
    Yeah it does. It's called Goz.

Oh, and a piece of advice: No matter how tedious it is, get all your characters except for Chongara up to the maximum level of 60. Trust me, when you play Arc II, you'll be glad you did.

Edit: Oh, and make sure you get Choco too. She rocks.

• SoupDuckSoupDuck Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Finally got a PS2, I'm playing FFX right now.
    edited February 2004
    Well Arc's almost at lev. 60 he pretty much towers over everyone. I was gonna do that 50 level dungeon sometime, figured that would be a perfect way to pick up some exp and treasure.