If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Pok

ViperViper MemberFull Members
edited February 2004 in Latest Updates
Enough said, check it out.

Comments

• Neo_Bahamutff7Neo_Bahamutff7 Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    can anyone tell me wat colour that they r remaking? red blue green ect......? confused.gif
  • AGiESAGiES Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Well, if the site was doing a good job and not just calling this title "Pok?mon" you'd already know which ones were being remade as the titles to the new games are "Fire Red" and "Leaf Green." They are indeed remakes of the first two games, "Red" and "Blue/Green."

Indicentally, no Pok?mon game has ever been released without a subtitle, or an extended title.
  • djgoku76djgoku76 Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I wonder... Since these are remakes for the original Pokemon Blue and Red... Will there be a chance to capture those extremely rare Pokemon... Namely Mew and Mewtwo... And all those other hard to find Pokemon... Or will Ninitendo have some kind of media event to promote the games and give rare Poekmon away, like back in the days...

Also, I seen or heard a rumor that you can use the Pokemon from the Ruby and Sapphire games in some way....

And will the Pokemon from these remakes be accessible on the up coming Pokemon Colussem for Gamecube??
  • Time/Space MageTime/Space Mage Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Good to see RPGamer finally has some coverage on these games. There's been info at Serebii's website that explains a lot of this; I haven't seen the camera feature before & that looks cool. ?wow.gif

At any rate, there are quite a lot of legendaries in the game; IIRC there are ["<span class="spoiler">the legendary birds, the legendary dogs, Mewtwo, Ho-Oh and Deoxys</span>"]
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Having logged over 122 hours on Ruby, I'm already salivating at being able to give my soul to another one of these...
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • OrbusOrbus Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    According to Serebii.com, it's going to have connectivity with Ruby and Sapphire, as in you should be able to import Pokemon... which begs the question - can we import all the Pokemon from Ruby & Sapphire, or only specific ones that are normally found in the new games?

According to Serebii's list, the games already seem to have pretty much all the pokemon from Gold & Silver, along with the original roster, so there'll be a fair amount of overlap already.... but if you can import all the Pokemon from Ruby & Sapphire as well... wow.gif
    edited February 2004
    I did a little digging, and while no one is coming out and saying so definitively, the impression I get is that you can trade freely with Ruby/Sapphire (maybe even both ways?!? wow.gif ) That would be totally awesome if it's the case.

The other bit of news I stumbled across is that, at least in Japan, the games come packaged with the GBA wireless adapter, which is pretty cool in its own right, even if it does only work with games that specifically support it. confused.gif

Oh, and Pokemon Colosseum compatability is a go. ;)

• Time/Space MageTime/Space Mage Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Orbus:
    I don't have any proof of this, but I hear from the GameFAQs message boards that you will be able to trade freely between FR/LG and RS after beating the Elite 4. At any rate, you have to get a special pokedex feature, the NationalDex, in order to record info on all 386 pokemon.
    edited February 2004
    I figured it was probably something along those lines. You're more brave than I if you're willing to wade through the GameFAQs message boards tho... sarcasm.gif

It also seems like many of the G/S Pokemon aren't obtainable till you beat the Elite 4 as well. But, only time will tell for certain I suppose.
  • RokuRoku Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    So thaaaaat's why there isn't any backwards compatibility in R/S. Of course! It all makes sense now. You have to buy the remake of the game you've already beaten in order to get pokemon you've already trained before. Of course, I'll buy them anyways......such a fool I am.
  • DominoDomino Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Roku, I think you have nailed it on the button. I was expecting nintendo to release a third game like Crystal and Yellow that would expand on R/S, but this is a great observation.
  • VermillionVermillion Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Roku @ Feb. 27 2004,23:01)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"So thaaaaat's why there isn't any backwards compatibility in R/S. ?Of course! ?It all makes sense now. ?You have to buy the remake of the game you've already beaten in order to get pokemon you've already trained before. ?Of course, I'll buy them anyways......such a fool I am.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Well, if you beat Gold Silver you're already pretty much a sucker. The Pokemon design in G/S was unexciting, the clunky interface was virtually unchanged, and many of the new aspects of the game like the clock, apricorns and periodic events were immature. Personally, I can't believe gaming publications rated G/S so high when it came out.

But R/S was worth the purchase because of the better implementation of the clock (no more "only on Sunday morning events), the replacement of apricorns with berries, and the well-thought out addition of the contests. PLUS, R/S finally has a beautiful interface system that doesn't force me to save every two seconds of sorting through my Pokemon boxes.

Why remake Red/Green though? First of all, what we don't need is another 100 new pokemon. We need all the Pokemon consistent within the same universe and battle system (meaning no compatibility with the original Red/Green, Gold/Silver, etc.). We need to be able to utilize the new interface for older Pokemon, and we need a dramatic rebalancing and retouching of older Pokemon.

R/S was the first step in updating the Pokemon Universe, and FR/LG will bring the first two sets of Pokemon within that fully contiguous, more balanced fold.

Carmine M. Red
    Kairon@aol.com
  • ShadowKnight28ShadowKnight28 Banned Banned Users
    edited February 2004
    Well I know for sure that Pokemon Fire Red and the remake of Blue are suppose to enable you to transfer pokemon to your Ruby and Saphire games. Some of the original 150 and the others from Gold and Silver. If they do have the rare pokemon such as Mew, Celebi, Deoxy's, and Dirachi, that would make these games worth wild getting!