If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Owned games left to play

mr. nailsmr. nails MemberFull Members
edited March 2004 in Role Playing Games
yeah, so i usually don't get to play a whole lot of games, but try my heart out. i've got so many games stuck in my closet that i need to play. sure, when i buy the game i start it up to see if it works and just to see the opening movie. then i stop it so i can finish what ever i'm accually playing. i will have to say i've got about 78 games in my closet in the waiting. everything from grandia 2 on dc to ffcc on gc. probably about 95% of those r in fact rpg's. why do i buy more and still have more left to play? well, just for the fact that i don't want to search for it on ebay later. also, i do usually wait for the price of the game to drop. whew, mad game time. how 'bout u?
[url=\"relaxl.png[/url]
*Short Video Link in Banner*

Comments

• RokuRoku Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    78 games? Seriously? Wow......and I thought I had a lot.

I have 15-20 games left to play, but only half are RPGs.
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Hmm well right now 0. I usually buy 1 game at a time. When I'm near the end of a game, I just buy another one through ebay.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    0-10, where the exact number is 7.

These are games which I should've played long ago... but seem to gather dust no matter how many times I tell myself to play them. It's not that they aren't any fun.. I just don't feel like it.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • PHOENIXZEROPHOENIXZERO New Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I have only five to finish and nine to start, heh. sad.gif
    edited February 2004
    If I may ask, how many RPGs have you guys actually completed?
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Eh, I have only ABOUT 0!
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Roku @ Feb. 28 2004,02:59)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"If I may ask, how many RPGs have you guys actually completed?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    No idea, a hundred perhaps, maybe a bit less.... but then again, that's also because I play lots of other genres as well. RPGs take up a lot more time than other games.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • adar_gadar_g Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Arc the lad 2 & 3
    Suikoden 3
    Alundra 2 (I doubt I'll pick this one up again)
    Breath of fire 3

These are all games I started but never got around to finishing. It's a shame too, I hear Suikoden 3 rocks but I've only played a little bit of it. I'm so close to finishing BoF3, I only have the final boss left, but I haven't played it in over a year. Oh well, one of these days...
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Solon @ Feb. 27 2004,18:53)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"No idea, a hundred perhaps, maybe a bit less.... but then again, that's also because I play lots of other genres as well. RPGs take up a lot more time than other games.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Wow 100 games.......that's quite impressive.
  • RosewoodRosewood Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I said "25-50" but that's solely RPGs (and only a guess). In total I've easily got over 100 unfinished games lying around the house.

I buy about 40 games a year while completing 10 or less, and this solely because I don't want to miss out on anything cool. I've gotten pretty good at finding that delicate time period after an RPG starts selling for $20 at gamestop and before it gets popular/rare enough that the ebay jockies snap up all the copies. tounge.gif
  • mr. nailsmr. nails Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Roku @ Feb. 27 2004,17:59)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"If I may ask, how many RPGs have you guys actually completed?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    i have no idea, but could look it up. anyway, big nerd here and have made documents on EVERY videogame i've EVER beaten. my total count of games beaten is 375. i do not count remakes. what that means is if i beat dragon warrior 1 on the old nes, but then a remake of same game comes out for the gameboy color and i beat that one. i do not count it.
    [url=\"relaxl.png[/url]
  • PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Yikes. I probably own 50 games, tops. And I've been playing/collecting for at least fifteen years or so. Of those, I've probably beaten about 20. I'm such a n00b, in a wholly experienced fashion.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Well, there's a few people have given me that never ended up getting installed or slipped in the machine, but other than that...not really.

Dracos
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Jeez. You people must be rich to own all these games.

3. Vagrant story, FFTA and Castlevania COTM. I have a few more that I haven't beaten yet, but they won't get mentioned because I don't plan on beating them.
  • bhsbhs Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I voted 50-75. I don't know the exact number, but that seems like a decent estimate.
  • DominoDomino Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    0, I have too much work to get done for me to buy a new one.
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I've beaten 121 RPGs. I have a list, that's why I know the exact number...each time I beat an RPG I add it to the list.
  • SevenStarSevenStar Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    121 now thats alot ive beaten about 35 never played any on the nes or mega drive. Dont think theres that many available in britain as it is! sad.gif
  • LeetdudeLeetdude Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I'm not sure an exact amount at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it's around 30. Right now, I'm playing through a handful of games that I've already completed a few times, and am attempting to get addicted to Suikoden so I can beat it.
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    i have a list of RPGs that I have started,but yet to finish:

Chrono Cross
    Valkyrie Profile
    FF5 (I got stuck on one of the boss battles)
    FF1
    FF2
    FF4
    FF6 (i'm near the end, but haven't been motivated to pick it up
    FFX-2
    Star Ocean 2
    Suikoden III
  • mr. nailsmr. nails Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    yeah, u really need to catch up on ur ff! i do have my share also. i need to finish ffii, ffiii, and ffx-2.
    [url=\"relaxl.png[/url]
    edited February 2004
    I followed your example and made a list of games. I'm surprised that I have beaten over 100 games, over 50% of which are RPGs. I should get out more.....I just need finish Xenosaga first. Ooh, and FFV. Oh yeah and Dragon Warrior VII. Eh forget it, I'm just gonna play video games. The sun is supposed to give you cancer anyway....
  • MuusMuus Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    4 still untouched at home (FF:X2, FF2, Grandia 2 and Xtreme) and FF:CC and Disgaea arriving soon.

played about 50 yet and that's most possibly more than there ever were ported to europe smile.gif
  • CautonCauton Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    At the moment I have Disgaea, Dark Cloud 2 and Suikoden 3 still to play, and I'm working my way through Kingdom Hearts. Should also recieve Lunar: SCCC, Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete and Final Fantasy Tactics sometime this week. So will have a bit of a back log to go through.

Now, as for how many RPGs I've finished, I don't think it's much more than 15-20 console RPGs. There are quite a lot I've played half-way through and never got around to finishing, though.

• Double_BDouble_B Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    I have like 24 ps one (I bought them last year, I haven't got the chance to play them,)
    5 ps2, 3 pc, and I play them one by one, so, it's gonna be a looooooong year, plus, I'm starting my anime collection this year, there goes more hours wasted!!!
  • ZedZed Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Disgaea and FF:CC are on my "to do" list. Normally I have no trouble finishing a game, but I've been indulging in some classics recently, like FFVI and CC.

~Z
  • SoupDuckSoupDuck Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    I still haven't finished FFVII *GASP*
    I was on the third disc and my memory card pissed out one me. I'll get around to beating it someday and it still remains my Favorite FF game.

Haven't beaten FFIX, and a bunch of other PS1 games I own either, but for a different reason. My PS1 broke 2 years ago and I didn't get a new one because I was planning on getting a PS2, which I finally got around to getting a month ago.
  • risingsunrisingsun - Fancy Title - Full Members
    edited March 2004
    i feel bad im behind on like 5 games and i have so many more to replay at least once. man i feel kinda swamped. oh well this is the life of a gamer.
  • black lightningblack lightning New Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    started FF1 and 2 on the same day and havent played them since i have to dig them out and finish them otherwise i usualy start and finish a game without even looking at another game biggrin.gif
  • LightflareLightflare Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    The only games I haven't got around to playing are
    1.Breakdown
    2.Deus Ex Invisible War
    3.Beyond Good and Evil
    4.Jak2
    5.Max Payne2 The Fall of Max Payne