If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Name 3 games in which you disliked the characters.

Comments

• AshgadAshgad Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Slayer of God @ Feb. 29 2004,20:54)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ashgad @ Feb. 29 2004,20:45)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Also, Cloud seemed to start a trend of brooding, angst-ridden main characters that plagues RPGs to this very day.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Cloud started that? Surely you jest.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Nah, I'm a little too rational to believe that Cloud was really the beginning of the trend. It's just that from Cloud on is when it really started getting on my nerves.
  • Options
    edited March 2004
    This ranking is the worst hero of RPGs in 2ch(the most famous group of Bulletin Board System in Japan).

1. Fate Linegod : Star Ocean - Till the End of Time -(SO3)
    2. Kyle Dunamis : Tales of Destiny 2(for PS2 in Japan)
    3. Zidane Tribal : Final Fantasy IX
  • RaggieRaggie Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    I think the only RPG character that has seriously annoyed me to no end has been Rinoa. Sure, she?s cute, but she?s a complete dimwit always getting in trouble because of it!
  • MuusMuus Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"
    FF VIII: only 2 decent characters ... enough said here already
    <span id='postcolor'>

Which were...?
    [/quote]

I did not dislike Zell and Squall ...

And I disliked the FF1 characters, they were talking too much ?wink.gif

• Evil King StanEvil King Stan Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    1. Lunar

I know, I know, from what I see this is a popular game, but I just can't stand most of the characters. They get on my nerves for some reason. I like Luna, and the main character seems to be pretty cool, but the rest... I still haven't seen one character, so I can't judge her, but the rest just bug me.

2. FFX-2

*Shakes her head in disappointment* I liked this games alot at first, but as I played it more I liked it less, now I really don't like the game. One major reason being the characters. Paine is cool, but Rikku drives me up the wall, I want to shoot her every time she talks, and they even managed to make Yuna annoy me somehow. Brother was awesome though laugh.gif

3. FF7

I liked 3 characters from this game (Aeries, Cid and Barret) but I don't like the rest. I hate Cloud. Absolutely hate him. Alot.
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Evil King Stan @ Mar. 02 2004,06:23)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Lunar

I know, I know, from what I see this is a popular game, but I just can't stand most of the characters. They get on my nerves for some reason. I like Luna, and the main character seems to be pretty cool, but the rest... I still haven't seen one character, so I can't judge her, but the rest just bug me.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

What?!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Paine is cool, but Rikku drives me up the wall, I want to shoot her every time she talks, and they even managed to make Yuna annoy me somehow. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Heh, me also!
  • BoffoBobBoffoBob Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    1. Xenosaga. I dunno, but don't you hate it when you seem to have know everything about the backstory and universe of a game going into it just for it to make sense? I hate always being in the dark, especially with such crappy characters. The only redeeming characters were the mechanical ones. Ahh... Ziggy and KOS-MOS, is there no Gnosis you can't OBLITERATE?

2. Illusion of Gaia. I like the game, but all the characters except Will are complete idiots. Maybe it's just the flawed translation... I wish that when I was eaten by a fish, instead of getting digested, I fused with it and learned Morse code!

3. Grandia. Great idea for a story and very interesting, but possibly some of the sugariest and most annoying characters ever. I guess they can't all be badasses with blades, and gun-blades, and gun-blade-rocketlauncher-breadmakers.

alien.gif Um, so, yeah.
  • NiuNiu Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    1. ToD2
    DIEDIEDIE!! You danm hypocrites!!! Especially you Kyle Dunamis!! DIE I say, DIE!!!!

2. FF8
    They don't make sense. They just simply DON'T make sense!!

3. Golden Sun
    Not particular hate, but they too quite uninteretsing.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Niu @ Mar. 03 2004,04:29)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"2. FF8
    They don't make sense. They just simply DON'T make sense!![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Care to explain? I find this a bit ironic, since I find the characters in FFVIII to make more sense than most other characters in RPG's.

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • RokuRoku Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Well, I thought they made sense too (mostly), but I didn't really like most of them that much either.....
  • KarlinnKarlinn Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Care to explain? I find this a bit ironic, since I find the characters in FFVIII to make more sense than most other characters in RPG's.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

It's the start of the Chewbacca Defense! Cover your ears!
  • NiuNiu Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    FF8 to me, some characetr are kinda unrelaistic. Squall, Rinoa, Selphire are the worst. Then Quistis act as she got drop out of the plot despite how she shouldn't....

The cast really I don't get them.
  • King Luca BlightKing Luca Blight Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gup @ Feb. 29 2004,18:42)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"FFVIII - I only liked Rinoa, don't know why everybody hates her. ?Zell, Selphie, Irvine, and Quistis didn't need to be there.

Legend of Dragoon - I only liked Shana. ?That being said, if anybody got up to the third disc, you'll know why I lost interest in the game(still finished it though).

Suikoden III - Of the three main characters, I hated two and thought the other I thought was average. ?All the male characters were either fat, old, or ugly. ?The females... well there weren't enough of them.

Honourable mentions:
    Breath of Fire II
    Xenosaga(chaos, MOMO, Rubedo, Albedo)
    Golden Sun: The Lost Age
    Final Fantasy X(Kimahri, Wakka)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    1. Quistis was the coolest in that cast.

2. How could you not like Lavitz!?

3. Well out of 108 people you are bound to hate a few, but I rather liked Hugo and Geddoe. Chris wasn't cool until she let her hair down.
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Luca Blight @ Mar. 02 2004,23:21)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"How could you not like Lavitz!?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Come on, he doesn't count!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Well out of 108 people you are bound to hate a few, but I rather liked Hugo and Geddoe. Chris wasn't cool until she let her hair down.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I never thought she was cool. In fact, I only found Geddoe tolerable. So much for that 3 main character idea! tounge.gif
  • bhsbhs Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"What?! You'd replace him with Evann?![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yup. I don't like Fei, but I hate Evann. The battle system is great (I love dungeon crawlers) but I just can't finish the game because Evann is in it.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Niu @ Mar. 02 2004,23:16)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"FF8 to me, some characetr are kinda unrelaistic. Squall, Rinoa, Selphire are the worst. Then Quistis act as she got drop out of the plot despite how she shouldn't....

The cast really I don't get them.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    So the problem isn't that the cast is unrealistic, it's that you don't understand them.

That's what I figured.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • DragonsoulDragonsoul Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    I found the FF8 characters very realistic but too angsty and teen-like for my tastes...
  • DassrallionDassrallion Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    1.FFIX-First off I utterly hate all the main characters in Final Fantasy IX. Steiner was the most pathetic looking knight that has ever lived(Even Zidane made fun of his trashcan armor).As for Zidane?Well, after playing thru disk one I would have gladly killed him and Steiner and that stupid blue mage creature(I can't remember it's name) just to get Beatrix.Who was the only cool character in that game.
    2.FF8-Although I really like that game I hated Irvine and Selphie. I only wish "<span class="spoiler">Edea</span>"would have been permanent.
    3.Chrono Cross-All those characters and there were only a few that were decent.Serge,Viper,Glenn,Karsh. All others were stupid and worthless, especially Kid! Oh, how wonderful it would have been "<span class="spoiler">if Lynx had really killed her</span>".
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bhs @ Mar. 03 2004,04:35)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"What?! You'd replace him with Evann?![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yup. I don't like Fei, but I hate Evann. The battle system is great (I love dungeon crawlers) but I just can't finish the game because Evann is in it.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    What?! Just mute the T.V.!!! And blame Dean Cain for making him sound more annoying than he should be! biggrin.gif
  • adiemusadiemus Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Arc the Lad:Twilight of the Spirits: One of the worst cast of characters I've ever seen. ?A goody-goody "I will save the world" hero and his bad boy "I hate everyone" twin brother. a pink orc, one of the lost boys from Peter Pan, a girl with one huge shoulder pad and a weapon I don't even understand, and of course who can forget the giant head. ?When I found out that she was one of the characters I about turned the game off. ?I do like Volk, Bebedora and Tatjana, however. ?I mean how could anyone not love it when Tatjana says, "Ooh, that felt good."
    Grandia Extreme: ?God! ?Who came up with Evann and whatever that colonel guys name was. ?It's like pulling teeth getting through the first part of that game.
    FF8: ?Maybe its just because I could never get into the game, but I didn't like any of the characters from FF8. ?I've tried several times to play the game but it hurts my head.
  • Final Cloud 0Final Cloud 0 Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    1)Any and every sim

2)Any and EVERY Dragonball(hate the little bugger)

3)super mario sunshine (i mean come on i understand talking

turtles ,But...TREES!?!
  • MuusMuus Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Final Cloud 0 @ Mar. 05 2004,11:25)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"1)Any and every sim

turtles ,But...TREES!?![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    ummm ... you did notice that this is the Console RPG section right ?!

And please don't say The Sims is an RPG ... please ... even if it fits into the very general description of Roleplaying
  • Final Cloud 0Final Cloud 0 Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    What you play the role of the hero ,you.

And if we are about to discuss about the meaning of "RPG"
    why don't you start a new thread? eh.gif
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Final Cloud 0 @ Mar. 05 2004,11:09)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"What you play the ?role of the hero ,you.

And if we are about to discuss about the meaning of "RPG"
    why don't you start a new thread? eh.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Please, don't start another topic that will create a debate. Just don't.

Final Cloud 0, go to the games section and look for Super Mario Sunshine. Do you see it there? No? I didn't think so....
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Growlanser @ Mar. 05 2004,14:12)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Please, don't start another topic that will create a debate. Just don't.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yes, because as we all know, debates are the bane of message boards. sarcasm.gif
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • SevenStarSevenStar Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Final Cloud 0 @ Mar. 04 2004,22:25)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"1)Any and every sim

Actually there are quite a few games with talking trees
    breath of fire 3 the yggdrasil tree
    dark chronicle - jurak
    legend of zelda ocarina of time - ginat deku tree
    you could even go as far as to say "<span class="spoiler">the enemy of ff5 exdeath was it?</span>"

As for sim games they're god games as far as i know you dont level up and there isnt an enemy or threat
  • TheFoxTheFox Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    ...I like the characters in FF8!

**runs and hides**

What is it about them that people didn't like? I'm not sure I see much difference between them and other generic FF characters...

• MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Chrono Cross. I hated them all. 'Nuff said.

Edit: Oh yeah, 3.

1. Chrono Cross
    2. Chrono Cross
    3. Chrono Cross

edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TheFox @ Mar. 06 2004,15:21)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"...I like the characters in FF8!

**runs and hides**

What is it about them that people didn't like? I'm not sure I see much difference between them and other generic FF characters...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I don't know, but I didn't really find anything wrong with them. I mean, they perfectly fitted in with the atmosphere of the actual game...
  • King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SevenStar @ Mar. 05 2004,15:54)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Final Cloud 0 @ Mar. 04 2004,22:25)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"1)Any and every sim

Actually there are quite a few games with talking trees
    breath of fire 3 the yggdrasil tree
    dark chronicle - jurak
    legend of zelda ocarina of time - ginat deku tree
    you could even go as far as to say "<span class="spoiler">the enemy of ff5 exdeath was it?</span>"

As for sim games they're god games as far as i know you dont level up and there isnt an enemy or threat[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    ...as well as the Augustus Tree from Revelations: Persona.

"Vaya con dios!"