If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

I just got a suspicious e-mail from RPGamer...

MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 MemberFull Members
edited March 2004 in Site & Forum Support
I just got an e-mail from RPGamer.com, which has the title [Re: Your letter] with a body containing "Here is the file" and an attachment called "your_letter.pif". I got this from Alethea's e-mail --> Alethea@rpgamer.com

I'm pretty sure what this is, and I dare not open the attachment since I'm almost sure this is some trojan/virus. Can someone clear up why I got this from your e-mail server, and if anybody else got them?

Comments

• SilentwolfSilentwolf Only Silence Full Members
    edited March 2004
    THAT IS A TROJAN MEO I got one too and Nortons security blew its top at me, ranting on about virus definitions.. anyway I got rid of it.

I've got them from almost random people on my adress book, and websites I belong to.

I don't think any fault lies with RPGamer.
    Every sailor knows the tale
    of those becalmed at sea
    though at peace they can be found
    at peace they never be.
  • KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Email addresses are just being spoofed. Nothing new, really.
  • The GeneralThe General Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kamikaze @ Mar. 10 2004,06:38)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Email addresses are just being spoofed. Nothing new, really.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Lies! It's all Alethea's fault...burn her!!! INFERNO!
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Viruses typically forge the headers (To/From) from names in people's addresses book. I get mails from myself (dragon) from time to time. There's nothing anyone can really do about it. :/

Always check the full headers of suspicious mails to see where they really come from. ^^
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
This discussion has been closed.