If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Square Enix Launches Front Mission 4 Giveaway

AletheaAlethea MemberFull Members
edited April 2004 in Latest Updates
It slices, it dices, it annihilates small cities. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Details inside.

Square Enix Launches Front Mission 4 Giveaway

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2004
    I cant register, my zip code sends an error...
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
    help!!!
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    aww man I already registered...
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    FlOzXvF.jpg
    My VAPS Entry,
  • slapizaga_the_banditslapizaga_the_bandit Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Hmmm... I've been a registered member since PlayOnline opened up on this side of the Pacific and I was able to get a demo. I got an e-mail from Square-Enix telling me about the demo and allowing me put in my address to get one. So, yeah. I'll be gettin' a demo for Front Mission 4 here any day now. biggrin.gif
  • RivermanRiverman Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Does anyone know if they are only available in the U.S. ?
    I've been waiting for a new FM since FM 3, its great.

• OrbusOrbus Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    I have to register!?! Aww man... tounge.gif Bah, I don't want to demo bad enough to bother.
  • KiralynKiralyn Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    I *hate* Square's website. I've been trying for 3 days (I got my email
    about the demo Tuesday night) to get into the stupid thing.... mad.gif

Half the browsers I tried wouldn't even load the darn thing. When I finally
    found one that would, I couldn't remember my (ages ago) registration. Of
    course, they don't have a "Forgot your password?" feature. So I tried to
    register again. Took three tries to get thru the Reg page without a crash.
    Got my "click here to confirm your registration" email. The link they give me
    does nothing.

I can't login to the stupid site.
    I can't get the freakin' demo.
    No reply to my *really* irate email to their Support address.

Way to serve your customers, Square!

Kiralyn
    - Why do companies insist on building websites that are "cool" and "high
    tech," when it excludes the average person from ever using the damn thing?
    - (and unlike most "high-tech" pages, it doesn't have an obvious disclaimer
    saying "Must use Flash v10, Java 42, and only Internet Explorer v9 to
    access". Feh.
    edited March 2004
    I had/have no problems whatsoever accessing Square's site and not a single problem garnering my Front Mission 4 demo. ?Perhaps something is amiss on your end...Browser problems, updates needed, etc...

edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (slapizaga_the_bandit @ Mar. 12 2004,10:23)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Perhaps something is amiss on your end...Browser problems, updates needed, etc...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Oh, I'm sure something's amiss on my end. There's just no way to tell what.
    I found my way to pretty updated software eventually (Netscape 7.1 running
    on Mac 10.2.6). The final roadblock I hit was when I click on the "follow this
    link to finish your Registration" link in the email they sent me.... and all
    I get is some blank page on the Squenix site.

(something like "www.square-enix-usa.com/throw.html"..... hmmm)

Sigh.
  • lunitunezlunitunez New Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    so from what i gather im supposed to wait for an email once registered, theres no link?
  • bhsbhs Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    If you want to check, just go here:

http://www.square-enix-usa.com/seui/index.htm?/seui/registerFM4.html

If you were already signed up for the demo, you'll see a message box pop up telling you so as soon as you enter your user name and password.

edited March 2004
    Yeah, I'm not talking about problems getting the FM4 demo, I'm talking about
    problems just getting a User Name to log in with..... (sorry if I confused anyone... smile.gif

• bhsbhs Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    Oh, my post was just generally directed towards anyone that wanted to find out whether or not they're getting the demo. I apologize for being so vague tounge.gif
  • gokusin battousaigokusin battousai New Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    this sounds cool but the wait(6-8 week's).......but how do you know if you are getting a copy of the demo?
  • KiTAKiTA New Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kiralyn @ Mar. 12 2004,10:09)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (slapizaga_the_bandit @ Mar. 12 2004,10:23)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Perhaps something is amiss on your end...Browser problems, updates needed, etc...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Oh, I'm sure something's amiss on my end. There's just no way to tell what.
    I found my way to pretty updated software eventually (Netscape 7.1 running
    on Mac 10.2.6). The final roadblock I hit was when I click on the "follow this
    link to finish your Registration" link in the email they sent me.... and all
    I get is some blank page on the Squenix site.

(something like "www.square-enix-usa.com/throw.html"..... hmmm)

Sigh.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I got that until I opened the link in Internet Explorer. Their website is extremely hostile to non-IE browsers.
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KiTA @ Mar. 12 2004,18:17)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I got that until I opened the link in Internet Explorer. Their website is extremely hostile to non-IE browsers.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Charming. sad.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bhs @ Mar. 12 2004,12:20)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Oh, my post was just generally directed towards anyone that wanted to find out whether or not they're getting the demo. I apologize for being so vague tounge.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Just curious, but if that pop-up appears, the one about having already signed up for it (the message appears inside a little alert box), does that mean you will be getting a demo for sure?

I'm just curious, because I haven't gotten an email from them yet (Do I even get one?). Will they ship it to Canada, I wonder?

Sorry for first post being a noobish question such as this, but I can not findthe answers anywhere. =\
    edited March 2004
    And the hits just keep on coming..... sad.gif

Found a copy of Internet Explorer.
    Successfully completed activating my new login! Woohoo!
    Went to the FM4 demo page.
    Sat thru that long Flash thing. (complication: my ISP is acting up, and the
    best connection I have access to is dial-up... 28.8..... don't ask.)

And when I tried to enter my login, IE crashed.

Went back to it. Sat thru it again. Didn't crash. But I can't get an active
    cursor in the Login & Password fields. Um.

Went back to Netscape. Got thru the movie. Got to the Login page. Got
    a cursor! Entered the info! Pushed the "login" button..... nothing happens.

Some days it's just really hard to be me. sarcasm.gif

I think it's time to give up on this demo thing.....
    Kiralyn, Chosen of Murphy
  • djgoku76djgoku76 Member Full Members
    edited March 2004
    This is really cool... I've played Front Mission on SNES... Good to see they are making more of this series... I hope to get a copy... Looks pretty cool... But I'd like to see a remake of Final Fantasy 3 and Bahamut Lagoon...
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited March 2004
    got the demo.im curious to play it.i liked FM3 except i had to stop playing after i was half way through the game because i hated the fact that you couldn't aim at what you wanted to hit on an enemy mech.hopefully they changed that this time?
  • Options
    edited March 2004
    It's probably just like the last time. You can get skills that are activated under specific conditions that allow you to hit specific parts of the enemy. That's how it was before, at least. Skills like "Aim: Leg" and so on.
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited March 2004
    really?i never got that far.maybe i should've kept playing laugh.gif ...i'll keep that in mind with this one.
    edited March 2004
    If anyone is still tryin' to find that Front Mission 4 demo, visit this link:

http://www.square-enix-usa.com/FM4demo/
  • Options
    edited March 2004
    What I want to know is, if we got the message that we already have registered does that mean we are one of the lucky 125,000 members to be sent one? or does it just mean that you have a chance to be one of the 125,000?
    edited March 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"What I want to know is, if we got the message that we already have registered does that mean we are one of the lucky 125,000 members to be sent one? or does it just mean that you have a chance to be one of the 125,000?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Um, it's not 125,000, it's only 100,000. And it's not some random drawing, it's the first to register for the demo. I will include what was shown at the bottom of both the e-mails I received from Square-Enix:

*Availability limited to the first 100,000 successful registrations. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.
    edited March 2004
    Interesting. I got two emails about the offer. The first (early last week)
    was all text, and said "limited to 125000".

The latest (this past Weds) was all fancy with html text and graphics and
    said "limited to 100000".

Hmmmm.

(And no, I still haven't gotten thru... smile.gif
  • FeanorFeanor Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    I want.