If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Arc the Lad - Artwork

cyberbricyberbri MemberFull Members
edited October 2002 in Site & Forum Support
There's a big glaring error on the Arc the Lad Seirei no Tasogare art section:
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/arc/arcps2/arcps2art.html

the scan labeled:
Meet the evildoers!

is actually showing another main character. at the top of the scan, it says (in Japanese) "One more main character - Dark(or Darc, Dharc, etc)" The guy in the top right is this Daaku character, and he and the other characters on the screen are mazoku, like demon/devil/magic creatures, who, according to the caption at the top, have a different way of thinking and live in a different part of the world. It doesn't say they're bad guys. Maybe the staff just assumed that because of the way they look. I guess you don't have people who know Japanese. What a shame..... wink.gif

Comments

• cyberbricyberbri Member Full Members
    edited October 2002
    I also noticed that the pic labeled Evil midgets! is wrong too. The picture says "Spirits" and in the middle it says they are the spirits of earth, water, fire, wind, and light.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2002
    While the update is done by Kamikaze and I'm definitely not touching it till he looks into it, if you require such assurance, we have half a dozen or so staffers with varying levels of japanese knowledge wink.gif

However, in most cases they're not used for media, but for things like news, reviews, and guides - places where they're required. Especially considering the use of exclamation marks in both screen titles, I hadn't found it confusing; I'd presumed Kami had used sarcasm, and judged the screens rather than their titles. It really depends upon your interpretation smile.gif
    edited October 2002
    Okay. I just saw it as an error rather than sarcasm. How are people going to know it's sarcasm if they don't read Japanese? Sure, some of the tag lines from screen shots are funny. But when it's clearly written in Japanese who/what the characters are, then it seems like it would be better to just convey at least some of the important information so people know what they are looking at, instead of getting the wrong idea... biggrin.gif
  • KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited October 2002
    Yeah, I don't have a lick of Japanese knowledge. When in doubt I always fall back on sarcasm. On rare occassions I just take a wild guess. Those characters looked rather sinister, so in that case I took a guess and threw in some mild sarcasm. You'll be happy to know I'll begin studying Japanese either next semester or next fall. biggrin.gif
  • KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited October 2002
    BTW, I did make the changes to the art page.
    edited October 2002
    cool. biggrin.gif