If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Ted Woolsey Presents Strugarden!

Ted WoolseyTed Woolsey New MemberFull Members
edited April 2004 in Latest Updates
Heya guys! I'm the newest translator monkey around here, thanks to Castomel's public hire, so be nice to me, okay? Otherwise, I'll make you rue the day I ever translated FFVI!

BUT! I am not here to plug myself! I am here to talk about Strugarden! Well, kiddies, here you go!

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2004
    It's a MMOTRPG!
  • KiluKilu Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    For some reason this news stinks like a April fools joke to me. But that's just me.

Oh well.
  • SorahikoSorahiko Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    XD

Is this a joke? If not, then RPGamer is ruined and all I have to say is...

Son of a submariner.
  • slapizaga_the_banditslapizaga_the_bandit Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Is this a joke? If not, then RPGamer is ruined and all I have to say is...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

If you can't tell that this has anything to do with April Fool's Day, then you're ruined.

tounge.gif
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Wahahahaha....

I'd play it if it weren't fake, actually.... sarcasm.gif
  • Ted WoolseyTed Woolsey New Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    What, you don't believe me that this game exists?

Do you want more proof than this?
    edited April 2004
    Hmmm... if it's true.... then the April Fools joke is long overdue....

Oh yeah.... It's my first year on these boards too.
  • dekarguydekarguy New Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    I believe this is the worst April Fools Day joke I have ever seen on RPGamer

How bout offering a paid position and having an insane application that is due by midnight, and seeing how many people apply

I think that would be funny
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    When I saw "Ted Woolsey's" post in the newbie topic, the date didn't even occur to me. But yeah, looks like an April Fool's joke to me.

Course, I could be wrong, and we'll look dumb if April 2nd rolls around and the whole thing turns out to be true. tounge.gif

Edit: hehe, well, that link *is* very convincing tounge.gif

• watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited April 2004
    even if Strugarden is real, certainly Ted Woosely is not...and the editorial section is looking spoofy today as well.

edit: found several japanese games sites with strugarden...looks like the game is actually real. Still, Ted Woosely at RPGamer is not...And I really find the editorial section amusing, if not difficult to look at directly.

• djgoku76djgoku76 Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Hhhmmm... I have to agree.... This is an April Fool's Joke... But I really don't see the humor in it... Us, as a public, demand the best of the best... Final Fantasy... Legend of Zelda... Pokemon...

So even if it wasn't a April Fool's Joke... Who would buy such a game... It would have to revolutionize the industry, like the forementioned games...

But nice try....
  • rudyxxrudyxx Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    I signed up for this forum just so I can say. I heart.gif Ted Woolsey and I talk about him and his company, Crave Entertainment, every day at work.
    momo_sig.jpg
    edited April 2004
    Ey rudy are people still idling on the channel? Haven't been in there in ages....
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (djgoku76 @ April 01 2004,06:53)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Hhhmmm... I have to agree.... This is an April Fool's Joke... But I really don't see the humor in it... Us, as a public, demand the best of the best... Final Fantasy... Legend of Zelda... Pokemon...

So even if it wasn't a April Fool's Joke... Who would buy such a game... It would have to revolutionize the industry, like the forementioned games...

But nice try....[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here.

It is a real game. And if it's not, it's a damn good trick, being that this game is mentioned on different websites, and has several impressive and real looking screenshots/art pics.

In regards to your "the best of the best" comment, I'm confident in saying that this is a rediculous assertion. There are lots of people in the "public" you're speaking of who happen to have a strong interest in games that aren't multi-million dollar hits. If this was the case, FireMyst would've made sure the words "Onimusha Tactics" never ever appeared anywhere on this site laugh.gif

In addition to that, it's RPGamer's responsibility to report on RPGs indiscriminately, because of the fact that there are people out there who enjoy some of the more obscure, non-blockbuster titles out there. You can't just cater to a select group, even if it's the majority. You have to cater to as many people as you can.

But maybe I'm reading into your post too much smile.gif
  • AletheaAlethea Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    *falls over laughing*

Great work!

*decides to leave the boardies in suspense about the truth of this article*
  • chaoticprimechaoticprime Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    You may have translated some good square snes games, BUT YOU MADE SHADOW MADNESS! UNFORGIVABLE!
  • Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forums Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Oh my God!! Ted Woolsey!!!

Like everybody, I doubt that this game is real, but I really believe in Ted Woolsey!!! O_O
    PSN ID: MaxDeltree
  • seancdaugseancdaug Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Martyr @ April 01 2004,05:39)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"When I saw "Ted Woolsey's" post in the newbie topic, the date didn't even occur to me. But yeah, looks like an April Fool's joke to me.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yeah, "Ted Woolsey" is a fake. For one, and as far as I can remember, he hasn't had any involvement with Crave since their in-house development team (Craveyard) was folded after the debacle that was Shadow Madness (which I didn't think was nearly as bad as everyone else did, even if it hardly set my world on fire).
  • Ted WoolseyTed Woolsey New Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Well, I have to admit, we haven't really done anything for a long time. ?I mean, heck, this should be proof enough.

I know you won't believe that I'm real until tomorrow, so trying to convince you now is useless. ?Ah well, carry on!

• Lumas the LenientLumas the Lenient Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Hmm, very confusing indeed. By the way, I think Shadow Madness is a rather cool game. smile.gif
  • VargasVargas Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Dear Ted Woolsey,

You are awesome.

Love,
    Vargas

P.S. Can I ever be as awesome as you? eh.gif Do I need to take up martial arts for that?
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Ted Woolsey!? MY GOD!

*bows*

Thank you so much for cleansing so many vile RPGs of their impurities and creating G-rated gems! Ah, thank you!

laugh.gif
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • O Shrouded OneO Shrouded One Hobo With A Huge Heart Full Members
    edited April 2004
    I smell a certain Matlock...
    But then again I'm just a lonesome stalker, who'd believe me anyways??
    Hire me for work!
    Follow me on The Twitters!
    “Like” my page so I get some form of internal satisfaction from a number associated with me increasing!
  • magus3498magus3498 Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    The chronobreak one last year was better than this joke.
  • bluezero02bluezero02 Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    I think last year's gag was more amusing. This doesn't even read like a real news story. The grammar's way off, and the tone is completely different. If they were going to fake a news story, they should at least have done a semi-realistic one.
  • rudyxxrudyxx Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MeoTwister5 @ April 01 2004,06:57)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Ey rudy are people still idling on the channel? ?Haven't been in there in ages....[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    yes only worse.
    also I'd like to comment that today's april fools jokes are horrible. The ones I told castomel to put up were much much better and I even offered to help out. OHHH but no they go and put up like one joke and then a bunch of random nonsense that isn't even fun. (like the fan art and ask google stuff) /me is angry
    momo_sig.jpg
  • VargasVargas Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Oops! Mr. Woolsey, your signature image is too tall! tounge.gif

Heh... That's enough for me. laugh.gif
    edited April 2004
    Dammit... April Fools starts bringing back people

*points to Vargas above me*

When you return you stay got it! mad.gif
  • weylunweylun Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Who is Ted Woolsey?

wow.gif

Jimmy
  • DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (weylun @ April 02 2004,13:37)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Who is Ted Woolsey?

wow.gif

Jimmy[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    In all honest, I am Ted Woolsey.

As Ted Woolsey, this thread has brought me great satisfaction. The response was wonderful, the fan mail absolutely priceless.

The truth: Ted Woolsey doesn't work for us. In fact, I couldn't find him anywhere. However, the information provided about him as about as accurate as you'll find, and the game Strugarden is indeed real. That picture in his bio is him, too.

A cookie to whoever finds the error in his stats (writing style doesn't count).