If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Avyone interested in Fable?

LightflareLightflare MemberFull Members
edited April 2004 in Role Playing Games
Anyone else interested in the great game to be, Fable? I am. Sounds like the best RPG to come out this year.

Comments

• Bahamut ZeroBahamut Zero Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    ........What is it for?
  • LightflareLightflare Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Its going to be for the Xbox only. You can pretty much do anything you want in it. For example. A shop owner asks you to pick up a bag of stuff for him. You get it and you give it to him. Then you can kill him, still all of his items, and take whatever was in the bag you just delivered.
    edited April 2004
    Oh. So basicly something rated M?
    edited April 2004
    Yeah, pretty much. If you decide to be evil your guy will have flies around him and will eventually sprout horns. If you decide to be a good guy he will eventually have butterflies around him and will have a halo above his head. You can even become so good or evil that the townspeople will either look up to you or fear and run from you at the site of you. That game sounds so awesome.
    edited April 2004
    My kind of game. I kinda like being feard by other people on games. But I would probley be half and half. smile.gif
    edited April 2004
    Evil all the way for me. One screen I saw showed him mooning a bunch of schoolchildren and then giving them the middle finger. If you want to learn more about the game , go to www.teamxbox.com. They got a hands on preview of the game.

edited April 2004
    When I was in elementry somebody fliped us off infront of everbody. But that was post to be a secert.

edited April 2004
    Welcome to the real world. Expect that sort of thing alot more in your life. Happens to me all the time. But that could be because I beat my friends at Halo on multiplayer all the time. Anyway, back on topic. So do you think Fable sounds like an awesome game? Second best game coming out this year in my opinion. Halo2 still looks better.
    edited April 2004
    Yeah, it looks realy cool. Just like Halo 2
    edited April 2004
    Your a big Halo fan, too? Only other girl I know that likes Halo is my sister. Man, I must really miss out alot. But Halo2 is going to be online. Now I can show everyone my Halo skill. Did beat it on Legendary mode, you know. On that diffuculty, it was the hardest game I ever beat. And I have beaten alot of hard games. Ever hear of Shinobi? Sorry. Didn't mean to brag. I get carried away sometimes.
    edited April 2004
    Me and my cuz like Halo. I

edited April 2004
    Know I'm going way off topic but what was your favourite part in Halo? Mine was at the very end where you are trying to get out of there before the ship blows up. All that mayhem and chaos. So cool. Just what I'm going to cause in Fable. Death and destruction.
    edited April 2004
    I have know idea. Me, I would perfer the one were you ride the buggy. Do I talk to much?

• PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Instant messangers exist for a reason.
    edited April 2004
    I went to bed right after so I wouldn't have read it. But back on topic. What would you think about it. I'm saying this so LightFlare can be happy.

edited April 2004
    Another thing pretty cool is that the stronger you get, the bigger weapons you can use. Also, if you are a good hero in the game the townspeople will eventually start to even dress like you or get the same tatoos you got. Yes, you can get tatoos. Cool.
    edited April 2004
    My guy might have a Dragon tatto on him. I was just reading about Fable. It might get cut. Sorry for the news.

• ~BlacMajik~~BlacMajik~ Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Instant messangers exist for a reason.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Agreed.
    edited April 2004
    Sorry. Didn't think of it. But Fable getting cancelled isn't going to happen. They have already given it a comfirmed release date. Sometime in June was what they said. Plus, some have already gotten a hands on. They said it was pretty awesome too.
  • TheFoxTheFox Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    This is the game I am most looking forward to in 2004. I can't wait till June!

There is a full preview somewhere on the internet. After reading it I was salivating smile.gif
  • AnimeGamer183AnimeGamer183 Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    last I checked Fable was pushed back to September 04... not its original release of June 04... will this game EVER come out?
    edited April 2004
    Then were they liying?
  • AkumadaAkumada Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Fable? Never heard of it.
    <Reads review on Ebgames>
    Guess I'm getting an Xbox.

Twas my reaction, it looks like this might be the game Morrowind should have been. I sure hope it doesn't get the axe! I think such a game definately won't get cancelled, I don't have any facts but I would definately put money on this game coming out.

<Goes back and reads review again>
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Build Your Living Legend ? Through deeds and actions, build a name for yourself across the land. Recruit allies and followers. Gain glory or notoriety. Make friends and enemies. Interact with a living world of people, places and event all reactive to you. Hero or butcher? Who will you be? [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    <Drools>
    edited April 2004
    The only thing I know that was cut from Fable was the multiplayer mode.
    edited April 2004
    I looked it up and it was a medival type of stuff. That's the kind of stuff like that.
  • VengeanceVengeance New Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    I'm very interested in Fable. I'm thinking about getting an X-Box just for this game and Ninja Gaiden.
  • Telvanni Wizard LordTelvanni Wizard Lord Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    In an Interview with OXM uk last year, Fabels creater said all RPGs suck. I didnt like that.

• met7met7 Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    I was interested in Fable, even started saving up money to get an Xbox, then I heard of all the stuff they cut out of the game. Alot more than just the multiplayer was cut.
    -Shrinking game world size
    -No child killing
    -No female characters
    -Cannot choose character's name
    -No helmets
    -No shields
    -No horses
    -No jumping
    -You age in chapters, rather than "real-time" or even accelerated "real-time"
    -NPCs don't age
    -Indiscriminate slaughter is no longer an option.
    -The world is no longer dynamic (can't plant trees, etc.)
    -No owning / running of shops
    -No equipment crafting or customization
    -No multiplayer

The real-time aging and dynamic world was the main draw of the game. And I heard somewhere that the world is now going to be about the same as LOZ:Majora's Mask.

You can't choose your name because they want to make all the dialogue voice acted.

Like a lot of Peter Molyneux games, they work better as ideas.
  • JordanJordan Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    This game looks badass. I want it now.

If it ever comes out

Later
    edited April 2004
    I never heard of that stuff being cut.