If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Pokemon Remakes Headed for North America

AletheaAlethea MemberFull Members
edited April 2004 in Latest Updates
After receiving head-to-toe makeovers, two familiar Pokemon titles will reappear in North America with a new attitude.

Pokemon Remakes Headed for North America

Comments

• OrbusOrbus Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    If anyone's surpised, they need to be smacked. sarcasm.gif

• RobertHMayfireRobertHMayfire Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Wow... this game is not even old enough to have a remake. XD

• RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited April 2004
    The remakes had been confirmed long ago as coming out in 2004. The only reason this is news is we have a more specific time frame for it's release.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • RokuRoku Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RobertHMayfire @ April 07 2004,22:00)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Wow... this game is not even old enough to have a remake. XD[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    6 years I think.....time flies....
  • chaoticprimechaoticprime Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    I actually really enjoyed these titles. They are good RPG's, at their cores. I played through Pokemon Sapphire and thought it a significant improvement, and I think the facelift on the old ones will be something worth picking up.
  • Options
    edited April 2004
    The original Pokemon releases in the US for the first game were Red, Blue, and Yellow. Pokemon Green was never released in the US but I am to understand that it was a more difficult version of Blue.

Does anyone know why they choose to port Green instead of Blue? Does anyone know the differences?

JP
  • VermillionVermillion Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    I was convinced that the difference between Blue and Green were in name only. Obviously, they thought Americans liked the color "blue" better than "green."

And to write these off as simply remakes is to lack understanding of the evolution of the Pokemon series. Ruby and Sapphire are the first Pokemon games NOT backwards compatible. This was necessary to give Ruby and Sapphire the significant overhaul they received (as compared to the lackluster Gold and Silver) and to let them rebalance old Pokemon from significantly different renditions of Pokemon. (I, for one, am hoping for the Bug-types to get a significant up-tweak!)
    Rereleasing and revising Red and Green to include these older versions of Pokemon (from Gold and Silver as well as Red and Green) allows them to get these "old version" pokemon under control in terms of preventing blatant imbalances, and makes it possible to reintroduce them seamlessly into the current Pokemon Universe.

...Besides... Don't tell me you really want them to come up with yet ANOTHER 100 new Pokemon! There's 350+ currently, and I haven't even memorized all the Gold/Silver ones yet!

Carmine M. Red
    Kairon@aol.com
  • sniffysniffy Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Bah, why not make a Gamecube re-make?
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    we have Pokemon Colosseum if you want a GC pokemon RPG!

at any rate the original blue was a bug fixed and tweaked green, and I for one would have liked it better if I could have had a green cartrage. I can't wait to see what tweaks they pull off besides the wireless trading/battling...
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    FlOzXvF.jpg
    My VAPS Entry,
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Pokemon Red and Green were the very first pokemon games released in Japan. Neither of them saw a stateside release. The Pokemon Red and Blue we have are in fact Japan's third Pokemon title, Pokemon Blue, split into two games. Pokemon Blue came out after Red and Green and was an improved version of the two. In particular, the battle graphics were drastically improved. So when Nintendo decided to bring the series over to the US for the first time, they just started with the better looking version and split it up. Think of how Pokemon Crystal was a remix of Gold and Silver with better graphics and more features and you have an idea of what the original Blue was and what we got.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • djgoku76djgoku76 Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Well, I've always thought that the Pokemon games were geared toward kids... But... I really like all the games... Great role players in there own respects... Remakes of Pokemon Red and Blue are great... They get a chance to fix mistakes they may have made the first time around, and can have there games have a 21st century look to them... Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire are great in the own respect... I hope they plan on making remakes of Poekmon Gold, Silver, and Crystal... Although I never really did get the difference between Gold and Silver vs Crystal...
  • wind~of~fatewind~of~fate Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Oh! COOOOOOLIOOOOOO!!!! I am SO into Pokemon! My mom says it hit me at the perfect time, when I was eight (when I got my GameBoy Color). It seems the player not only choose the main characters gender, but also their appearence. In one pic a standard civilian woman was reading a sign. Since NPCs can't block signs, I'm assuming she was the player's character.
  • Time/Space MageTime/Space Mage Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (djgoku76 @ April 09 2004,08:57)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"... I hope they plan on making remakes of Poekmon Gold, Silver, and Crystal... Although I never really did get the difference between Gold and Silver vs Crystal...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I seriously doubt they will remake GSC. Why? Because all of the pokemon (except Mew) have been accounted for.

• OrbusOrbus Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Yeah. Fire Red and Leaf Green make all of the GSC Pokemon available that weren't already in Ruby and Sapphire.
  • BartzStrifeBartzStrife New Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    after the death of Final Fantasy at the end of Final Fantasy 9, Pokemon for some reason has been the only game series to capture my addiction and rpg crave. FFX was just ok. and mmorpgs are too boring. though i play them all day.
  • Ryu 1/4Ryu 1/4 Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    What exactly is mmorpgs? eh.gif
  • DominoDomino Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games.

I will not mock you for that question, because I don't feel like it.