If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

FF3 Still in the Works

2»

Comments

• yazarc420yazarc420 Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Morridor @ April 20 2004,20:38)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"? ? Quote (yazarc420 @ April 20 2004,20:05)
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"There's also an invention called the Gameboy Player that'll let you play the game on a console (yes, it's a Nintendo console, using a peripheral but it's still a console hooked to your televison)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

For this, you do know the Gameboy Player is 50 dollars alone, that is HALF of the Gameboy Advance SP. ?this price is insane. ?for those people who already have a Gameboy Advance SP, or just regular Advance, i'm pretty sure that they don't want to buy the Gameboy Player.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You completely and totally missed my point here. All I was saying is that it's possible to play it with a console on your TV. If you don't want to go that route, that's your own business but a lot of people have chosen to.

Besides, $50.00 bucks is hardly an "insane" price to pay for a device that'll let you play GBA games minus the portability. For people who own a GCN but not a GBA, that sounds like a heck of a good deal.
  • Red ShiftRed Shift Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (yazarc420 @ April 20 2004,20:05)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Shift @ April 20 2004,18:06)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I have a better idea. How about they forget some ###### GBA port and make a PS1 version instead? GBA is #### for collectors (like me), and they're the only ones who seriously want this game. Certainly no one intelligent would rather play a game on the GBA than an actual console, especially considering everything that would have to be taken out.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Everything that would have to be taken out? ?What are you talking about? ?An intro movie that lasts a little over a minute or two that isn't even incorporated into the gameplay?

So ignoring the minor intro movie, do you mind listing everything else that would be taken out?

There's also an invention called the Gameboy Player that'll let you play the game on a console (yes, it's a Nintendo console, using a peripheral but it's still a console hooked to your televison)

Great music is possible on the GBA. ?Just listen to the quality of the tracks in Fire Emblem. ?It's just that when it comes to cutting costs or taking shortcuts when developing a game, the music usually seems to be the first to suffer.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"So ignoring the minor intro movie, do you mind listing everything else that would be taken out?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

High-quaility sound, art gallery, etc. You know, the stuff that's in Origins. You have that game, don't you? Or are you waiting for the GBA version?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"There's also an invention called the Gameboy Player that'll let you play the game on a console (yes, it's a Nintendo console, using a peripheral but it's still a console hooked to your televison)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

So I should pay an extra $50 to play inferior games, and it's not even portable anymore? I'm not interested in what GBA technology can do. Cartridges suck, ESPECIALLY for RPGs. I refuse to make concessions for portability, because I don't play portable games anymore. It amazes me that some people WANT games to be released on the GBA instead of a decent console.
  • Lucid DreamerLucid Dreamer Banned Banned Users
    edited April 2004
    It amazes me that some people are dense enough to believe that an entire gaming industry should cater to their asinine preferences even though the company would be comprimising millions of dollars and alienating thousands of customers in the process.

• gfpaperboy22gfpaperboy22 Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Shift @ April 21 2004,11:07)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Shift @ April 20 2004,18:06)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"

High-quaility sound, art gallery, etc. You know, the stuff that's in Origins. You have that game, don't you? Or are you waiting for the GBA version? [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

God your dense. Besides the sound, there isn't gonna be much missing from the GBA version.

Lets compare shall we.
    PSx: -Intro
    -HQ sound
    -Art Gallery
    -fair load times

GBA: -Intro (its possible and i'll prove it, just page me on AIM)
    -Decent Quality to High Quality sound track (Depending on the skills of the composer)
    -Art Gallery (Lunar Legends had one to)
    -Load times? Ha

Now i'm not gonna Bash Origins, I liked the way they did it and honestly, the load times only plague the SNES ports. I could care less to which system it goes but if you're getting your panties in a wad because its going to a system that you don't have, then get over it. Personally, because this game will be made up of pixelated sprites, it'll look better on a small screen then it would streched out on the 27 inch TV.

Now listen 'Sparky', Cartidges are a great choice, especially for RPG's. Sure, Its a dieing breed of media but for now it serves its purpose just fine. And just to be fair to the PS fanboys/gamers, The soundtrack would be much better on the PSx but besides that there won't really be much of a difference.

What the PSX Fanboys here are experencing is the same thing the Nintendo Fanboys went through after square went to the PSX. I'm not saying its fair, but god, get over it. Lord knows we had to.
  • DarkHeart17DarkHeart17 Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Here is a list of why the Gba is the way to go rather than the Ps1

1. Portability- I am in college right now and I have classes sometimes an hour or two apart but dont feel like traveling a half hour to my home and a half hour back. Therefore my handy dandy Gba can let me play FF3 without reaching for a console.

2. Loading- Regardless if you are someone that doesnt care that doesnt mean someone else doesnt care. The fact is that a whole lot of people hate loading, and loading can be taken from minimum to extreme. Some loading in games can be little and only ask to load from time to time, and on the other hand some require the map to reload every minute or two. So why even bother when it can be avoided.

3. Possible multiplayer- some final fantasy games have included a multiple player function, wouldnt it be cooler for people to meet up with their gameboys and link up rather than having people come to your house and do it.

Reasons why excess is not needed

CG clips- I just am not a fan of Cg clips going into 2-d games. It just looks weird and everyone has a hissy fit over how one character shouldnt look the way they do in the clip. Look at how people are fussing over the looks from FF7 to FF7AC, and that game started out in 3-d. I can understand how FF chronicles added some anime clips to chrono trigger, but that only worked out because both the game and clips were 2-d.

Art- Amano art can be put in the instruction book or somewhere else, I dont see why you need to load the image on your television screen. I just cannot imagine someone loading the image on their television screen and keeping it on 24/7 to show to their friends and family.

Sound- True the Ps1 may have better sound capabilities than the Gba but I highly doubt they are going to digitally remaster the songs and make it all new and spiffy for the PS.

Graphics- I dont know about you but the FF graphics in the Nes days had small figures on a huge field, I am hopin that they will do the same as the ones they are making for the Gba and focus more on the characters on the screen, rather than a huge screen of a pixaly battlefield. I love what they did to lunar legend as far as the battle screen goes. The characters were more emphasized and I didnt feel like I was controlling ants on a battlefield.

I dont know, thats just my opinion and I am a huge Nintendo and Playstation fan so im not biased on either side, I just think some games deserve a console compared to others.
  • Options
    edited April 2004
    Re: The GBA cart versus PS1 release of FFIII

Does anyone know if GBA games have a battery backup for storing saved data, or have they gone to permanent memory (like in memory cards)? (I forget the correct name for that type of memory .)

I haven't tried out my SNES RPGs (FF IV, FF VI, Chrono, Mana, Shadowrun, etc.) for a number of years and I'm afraid all my save games may be gone (if the batteries have died)...

sad.gif
  • MorridorMorridor Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    ok, someone said that i was making fun of people for saying load times were a big issue. i know they are, and i know they are still going to be there. i'm not arguing a point, just let me explain why i wanted to disclude them from the discussion. i know that a lot of people hate them, and i'll tell you this, i hate them too, i just didn't want them in the discussion for the sole reason that everyone will and did say something about them. anyway, as to the making fun of some people about it. . . the only thing i think i said was that they are impatient (i am too, hehe). i'd just like to take this small space to say i'm sorry to anyone who i offended or got angry or made a little pissed off or anything. . . i'm sorry. I wasn't trying to make fun of people, i really hate it when i do, so i'm sorry. Anyway, as for DarkHeart17, thank you for making a list, you happened to answer my question in a perfect manner. all i wanted was other people's oppinions, so i'm sorry if i put up a fuss. Also, about the soundtrack. . . i know NES soundtracks can be amazing, i know of a few games that have such, i own a couple, too. i was just wondering what you liked about the soundtrack?, was it happy at the perfect times?, did the sound accomodate the moods of the game perfectly?, or was it just fun and all around just awesome?

Danny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DraygoneDraygone Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"For this, you do know the Gameboy Player is 50 dollars alone, that is HALF of the Gameboy Advance SP. ?this price is insane.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>Well, you are essentially getting a GBA. ?They can't sell it for $20. ?They're not even selling the regular GBAs for less than $50-60.</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Anyway, i would still like to know what is it about FFIII's soundtrack that people love so much, because honestly, i'm more inclined to buy the soundtrack now and i've never heard a thing from FFIII.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>vgmusic.com (beware, it's a big page)
    Scroll down the list, near the bottom. ?Some people remixed a lot of the songs from FF3j. ?Odds are, the GBA version will have better music than most of these.</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Aside from that, there are possible connectivity bonuses[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>NO, I do not want to have such features! ?Because I just know I'd be missing out on them! ?I only have one GBA (aside from by Game Boy Player), and I'm the only one my age who owns one (you try going to a 10-year-old's house and asking to play Pokemon).</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"the obvious allure of portability[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>I've only used my GBA to play games on ONCE since I got a GB Player. ?Not including using the GBA as a controller (which I no longer do what with the GBA games with rumble-features).</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"So ignoring the minor intro movie, do you mind listing everything else that would be taken out?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"High-quaility sound, art gallery, etc.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>We might not get as high a quality as the PS1 version, but it will sound very good, knowing Square-Enix and the job they did with FFTA. ?Besides that, the GBA is very capable of providing great (and even orchestrated) sound. I was blown away by the extremely high quality of the music in GBA games like Golden Sun (music played during the storm at the beginning) and Donkey Kong Country (underwater level theme), and both of these games just about demand that you wear headphones. And I highly doubt the GBA version would be missing the art gallery. ?Even GBC games had high-color still-frame pictures (looks at the last two GBC Zelda games).</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"It amazes me that some people WANT games to be released on the GBA instead of a decent console.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>I was born a 2D gamer, and I'll die a 2D gamer! ?And when the games will be 2D in the first place, I hardly see why it matters.</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Art- Amano art can be put in the instruction book or somewhere else, I dont see why you need to load the image on your television screen. ?I just cannot imagine someone loading the image on their television screen and keeping it on 24/7 to show to their friends and family.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>Actually, the art was unlockable. ?It's pretty hard to keep art in a manual locked until a player earns them. ?And nobody looks at them forever. ?It's like going to an art museum. ?You look at a picture, and move on. ?Most people don't come back over and over to look at the same picture, save for the really famous art pieces.</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Sound- True the Ps1 may have better sound capabilities than the Gba but I highly doubt they are going to digitally remaster the songs and make it all new and spiffy for the PS.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>Have you not played FFO or something? ?They made the music in FFO ORCHESTRATED for crying out loud! ?The music was awesome! ?Especially some of the new songs (like the boss themes in FF1).</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Graphics- I dont know about you but the FF graphics in the Nes days had small figures on a huge field, I am hopin that they will do the same as the ones they are making for the Gba and focus more on the characters on the screen, rather than a huge screen of a pixaly battlefield. ?I love what they did to lunar legend as far as the battle screen goes. ?The characters were more emphasized and I didnt feel like I was controlling ants on a battlefield.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>I'm not quite sure what you're saying, but the battles will look like FF6 battles.</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Does anyone know if GBA games have a battery backup for storing saved data, or have they gone to permanent memory (like in memory cards)? (I forget the correct name for that type of memory .)

I haven't tried out my SNES RPGs (FF IV, FF VI, Chrono, Mana, Shadowrun, etc.) for a number of years and I'm afraid all my save games may be gone (if the batteries have died)...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>Most of the newer GBA games actually save games on a microchip (either a flash chip or an EEPROM), so you won't have to worry about batteries running dead on them. ?You can sometimes find out what GBA games have batteries and which don't. ?Speaking of which, batteries in SNES games should be going out by now. ?Some batteries will still be good (as is the case with some battery-backed NES games), so there is a chance that your saves will still work. ?A pretty decent chance at that.

• djgoku76djgoku76 Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Well, I was beginning to wonder if FF 3 was even goin to see the light of day...

But the GBA format isn't what I was expecting... I figured they come out with a compliation for PSOne or PS2... And include some other games not translated that are good titles... Like Bahamut Lagoon... Or Romancing Saga games... Or some other great Square or Enix titles... Dare I say... A compilation with FF 3 and/or Dragon Quest 5 and 6??
    edited April 2004
    That would be nice, but unlikely. They're already putting DQ5 on the PS2 with a graphical overhaul. Does seem kinda strange that it isn't gonna be part of some compilation, though. Especially since every other FF game from 1-6 ended up on some sort of compilation. But I suppose there is a small chance that FF3 will be a part of compilation, with the other game being unannounced. A very small chance, that is.
  • fanofff6fanofff6 Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    I think the reason why Square-Enix is making FF3 on the GBA is because it will probably sell better. SE doesn't have any plans on remaking another game for the PS1 so if SE did remake FF3 by itself, only Final Fantasy fanatics would buy it. Maybe a FF3 remake and another game will be packaged for PS1 also, just not right now.
  • LightflareLightflare Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    I don't care what its on, as long as I get to play it. I've played and beaten all of them. From FFI through X-2. Haven't got XI done yet. That will probably take a very long while. Still, once III gets here, I'm adding it to my collection.
    edited April 2004
    Does XI even have an end?

I've played through most of the FF games. I'm avoiding FFX-2 right now, as I don't really consider it a part of the main series. I've beaten all three of the PS1 FF games, and FFX. I've beaten FF4 and FF1 on the PS1. The only FF games I haven't beaten are FF2, FF5, and FF6. Someday I'll bring myself to finishing them. FF2 most likely will be beaten on GBA. FF5 and FF6, I've played them over and over again without finishing so much, that the knowledge of everything that happens next pretty much ruins the fun entirely.
  • madhtrmadhtr Full Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Actually, Takashi Tokita, a producer with Square Enix mentioned that they had been requested by Nintendo to translate FF3 but after negotiations instead agreed to remake 1 and 2 for the GBA instead.

He did, however, also mention that Square Enix has plans to create an all new FF title for the GBA in the future, though no details were given on that.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fanofff6fanofff6 Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Wait... does that mean FF3 Won't come out for the GBA??? Well, I guess It'd be alright if it came out for the PS1. I'll be happy just as long as SE brings it to the US.
  • TheTykeTheTyke Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Does XI even have an end?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Well, the story has an end. The Missions you can take in the game are where you find the story.

At present you can go up to Rank 10 doing Missions, but I've only rarely seen a North-American player above Rank 5. So I would assume the higher missions require very high levels, and probably good parties or alliances even.

I also read somewhere that the original FFXI had a third of the story, Vision of Zilart another third, and some future expansion will come with the final third. Don't know if this is true.

I myself am Rank 5, so I've seen a bit of the storyline. So far it's been good, but can't really match the drama of most offline RPGs. But you can do it with other people - I guess that's what online games are about, socializing, more than anything else^^
  • mertwigsmaze_fanmertwigsmaze_fan New Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    FF1, 2 and 3 ports all coming out on GBA....AND an original FF title too?

That's 1-2-3-FOUR final fantasy titles (albeit three are ports) currently in the works for one console alone. The GBA is dope.
  • DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Shift @ April 20 2004,21:06)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Yeah, I've noticed the game's excellent soundtrack.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

For a NES game? Come on. Please don't compare this to the SNES and PS soundtracks, it just makes you look stupid. It won't sound much better on the GBA, anyway.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Don't compare? But why? There are certainly many musical aspects that go beyond petty technological issues. It seems you've gotten stuck purely on instrumentation restrictions, and have completely lost sight of excellence in compositional theory, instrumental variance and nuance, dynamics, and evidence of honest effort and hard work. Let's explore all of these, shall we?

Compositional theory:

Simply put, Uematsu's knowledge and exploration in this field has been limited at best. His chordal work is limited at best, and he usually calls upon the help of Shiro Hamaguchi to liven up his orchestral and piano arrangements. However, his melody-writing and sense of atmospheric functionality have been consistently good right from the first Final Fantasy title. As was evidenced in Final Fantasy Origins, his reworking of FFI's music score was still true to the original and sounded fantastic (Tsuyoshi Sekito remade FFII's music). Until you've listened to the actual music, though, you'll just have to take my word for it that the actual writing for FFIII is very good.

Instrumental Variance and Nuance:

Believe it or not, kiddos, the NES was capable of producing a great variety of sounds. It has four main tracks through which it produces sound - two adjustable triangle waves, one square wave, and an SFX channel. The triangle waves are the two you can play with the most - not only can you control pitch and dynamic, but you can also play with kinds of attack, decay, and timbre (to a degree). The square wave has a contant timbre and volume, and has to be worked around; the timbre most closely resembles a clarinet, and a mix with a flute in the higher register (listen: FFIII - The Boundless Ocean and DQIV - Talloon's Theme).

Now, many composers of NES music hardly put any variety into their writing (listen: Contra, Gauntlet). However, some composers made their games shine through effective use of the system. Besides FFIII, Castlevania 3 and Dragon Quest IV demonstrate a wide variety of sounds used to good effect. I'd suggest listening to them so your oh-so-sensitive and untrained ears get an actual sense of what was done back in the day.

Final Fantasy III has a number of tracks where it's clear that Uematsu had taken pains to get just the right sounds. Tracks such as "Eternal Wind," "Amur, Town of Water," "The Invincible," and "The Everlasting World" are just a few that exemplify the fine-tuning that went into the soundtrack. If you're able to actually discern these differences, the instrumentation becomes far more clear.

Dynamics:

Many NES games don't change dynamics. Ever (listen: Megaman 1-6). Well, that may be too harsh - they change dynamics between pieces, at least. However, FFIII and DQIV both express a wide variety of dynamics (listen: DQIV - Battle Theme; FFIII - Beneath the Horizon, Let Me Know the Truth; Solstice - any). These translate oh so easily into higher technologies, and since they were good on the NES, upgrading systems should (in theory) only enhance this.

Effort:

Everything previously mentioned is evidence of hard work, true. The sheer size of the FFIII soundtrack, though, is even more of a marvel given the time - it has as many (if not more uncounted) tracks as FFIV, of SNES fame (and unearned at that, but there's another debate). This is double the amount of music written for the previous two installments.

Listen to the music yourself. Don't just hear it, listen to it. The fan remixes will hardly do the music justice (though the few on OC are pretty good). Once you've done that, then try and tell me that trying to compare music between systems is stupid. It's not a sign of stupidity to be able to analyze things on a level beyond superficiality, it's a sign of stupidity to claim it can't happen wink.gif

I'm very willing to discuss this further if you have other complaints, though.
    edited April 2004
    Thank you Desh for your support on the subject. Since an admin is here, i'd like to ask you if a certain rumor is true. In the Latest issue of EGM, they said that the GBA Kingdom Hearts game will have a special chip in it that will allow for PS2 quality cut scenes. Have you guys heard any word on this being true and if it is, do you think the same thing might be used on the GBA remakes of FF1-3?
  • air_zephyrusair_zephyrus New Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    But isnt it the whole experience of playing and listening at the same time? Sure, a soundtrack could sound crappy on its own, but setting it up against a good game can make all the difference. I sat listening to the Macalania theme for FFX-2 and I could just see myself going through that forest.
    Isn't there also a nostalgic aspect to listening to the music in a game with the limitations of the gameboy/nes/snes?
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    I can't see how the latter is relevant to Final Fantasy III except concerning a very small subset of those in the target audience.
  • madhtrmadhtr Full Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gfpaperboy22 @ April 25 2004,17:40)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Thank you Desh for your support on the subject. ?Since an admin is here, i'd like to ask you if a certain rumor is true. ?In the Latest issue of EGM, they said that the GBA Kingdom Hearts game will have a special chip in it that will allow for PS2 quality cut scenes. ?Have you guys heard any word on this being true and if it is, do you think the same thing might be used on the GBA remakes of FF1-3?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Ok, I'm not an admin or Staff but i do have a couple things to say.

From what i've heard, Chain of Memories' cut scenes won't quite be PS2 quality but it's scheduled to look alot better than normal. I guess we'll find out for sure come E3 when Square Enix shows off the game.

Also, Square Enix has no plans to remake 3 for the GBA right now, as was mentioned by the publisher itself though it's always possible if the 1&2 remakes sell well.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"For this, you do know the Gameboy Player is 50 dollars alone, that is HALF of the Gameboy Advance SP. this price is insane. for those people who already have a Gameboy Advance SP, or just regular Advance, i'm pretty sure that they don't want to buy the Gameboy Player.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I want one(have a GBA) and I'll tell you why: I don't have a mint to spend on batteries and things like this are great when you're not going anywhere.(My GBA is all well and good but it's for on the go...not for me sitting around my house playing games!)
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    FlOzXvF.jpg
    My VAPS Entry,
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madhtr @ April 25 2004,17:20)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gfpaperboy22 @ April 25 2004,17:40)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Thank you Desh for your support on the subject. ?Since an admin is here, i'd like to ask you if a certain rumor is true. ?In the Latest issue of EGM, they said that the GBA Kingdom Hearts game will have a special chip in it that will allow for PS2 quality cut scenes. ?Have you guys heard any word on this being true and if it is, do you think the same thing might be used on the GBA remakes of FF1-3?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Ok, I'm not an admin or Staff but i do have a couple things to say.

From what i've heard, Chain of Memories' cut scenes won't quite be PS2 quality but it's scheduled to look alot better than normal. I guess we'll find out for sure come E3 when Square Enix shows off the game.

Also, Square Enix has no plans to remake 3 for the GBA right now, as was mentioned by the publisher itself though it's always possible if the 1&2 remakes sell well.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    The reason I asked about the Cut Scenes was because I've been playing with the converting of AVI files to .GBA format. And to be honest, its not that bad. And thats going off of standard GBA chips. But yes, it will be interesting to see how it runs with a special chip. I kind of doubt it'll be ps2 quality but it'll be good no matter what.
  • agentflitagentflit Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Desh @ April 25 2004,13:21)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Awesome reply[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I have also spend much time listening to NES music, and can affirm that the NES had a wide variety of outstanding compositions.

However, too often I end up fruitlessly arguing with passionate ignorance...

• OracleOracle Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Who cares how technology improves sound? It is the MUSIC you're supposed to be listening to people! FFIII's Soundtrack is great! If 8-bit music sucks, (which it doesn't, it just makes my ears bleed AHH 8-bits! It burns it burns!) (just kidding) tounge.gif
    If NES music sucks, then why is Elia, the Water Maiden constantly in soundtracks and concerts? The soundtrack collectors know what I'm talking about. Among others, Eternal Wind (o/ Seu cabelo comprido, Se balan?a no vento o/), Boundless Ocean (o/ A-Ah, harukanaru unabara yo! Ude no naka ni o/) and many others! I would like a Psx release. CG movies and art gallaries. SoM and IoG should be the set! FF Origins 2 baby! Hopefully, S-E will make up there minds soon! smile.gif