The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

E3: Sega Announces a New Phantasy Star Title

MartyrMartyr MemberFull Members
edited May 2004 in Latest Updates

Comments

• OrbusOrbus Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Interesting, interesting... I need more info.
  • sniffysniffy Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Sega is stupid. After all this time a new PS game, and they decide to make it an action RPG, and more like PSO than the older games. I dunno about Sega anymore...I just don't know.
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited May 2004
    tell me about it.i have been waiting for a REAL phantasy star game since PS4 came out.seems like it will never happen...
  • RedMageDarionRedMageDarion Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mogforever @ May 13 2004,10:35)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"tell me about it.i have been waiting for a REAL phantasy star game since PS4 came out.seems like it will never happen...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    If I remember correctly, I think Sega said something to the effect that they would never make another addition to the actual Phantasy Star series. Then again, that may just mean we'll never see Phantasy Star 5. We could still theoretically see a game that uses the same setup as PS1-4, just wouldn't be a sequel. *Crosses fingers*
  • OrbusOrbus Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Apparently the trailer they were showing for Phantasy Star Universe had "Phantasy Star V?" down in the corner. Make of it what you will. tounge.gif

I have no problem with action rpgs that don't suck.

EDIT: The source was rpgfan, but they seem to be down just now. I know it was somewhere in the trailer, I believe it was down in the corner. Would like to find a copy of the trailer... still looking.

EDIT EDIT: IGN is reporting that Sega told them it's an action MMORPG. And they say the trailer ambiguously mentions both PSO2 and PSV. They also said Sega will only say it's "The rebirth of a legend." Curiouser and curiouser...

IGN also had a supposed link to the trailer, but it was broken. sad.gif