If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

E3: Fullmetal Alchemist

foxworthfoxworth Practical Problem SolverAdministrators
edited May 2004 in Latest Updates
Mech-sword fights, shiny stars, and kooky scenes await you in this anime-turned-RPG title. Oh, and the FMV shots are pretty.

Check it out!
This space for rent.

Comments

• dasro_kastdasro_kast New Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Glad to see this title making it over here, I'm excited to see how this turns out. ? Does anyone know if the manga and DVD collection will be released here anytime soon?

• Duke OtterlandDuke Otterland Banned Banned Users
    edited May 2004
    It'd only be logical that there are big plans for the anime if the game's being released in the States.
  • GuruClefGuruClef Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Funimation has licensed FMA and has already started work on it. They also mentioned that Cartoon Network has picked up the rights to show FMA and will start it in October.

No word yet on where on CN it'll end up, but the best guess is proably Adult Swim.

The dvd's for FMA will be out next year along with the game. Shame we have to wait so long to get it. If your interested, you can check out Funimation's FMA site for a trailer and a look at the opening.

Sadly, no mention of weither the manga version is going to come out here, but I imagine it's only a matter of time before we hear something on that.

p.s. - if you want to check out the japanese dvd sets, check out ANBU's FMA fan site.
  • OrbusOrbus Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    The anime's pretty mature in a lot of respects. I'd imagine Adult Swim.
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited May 2004
    oh, they included scenes from the anime...they're releasing these in kinda backwards order here, but oh well. It's always nice to see good anime go english. I kinda prefer fansubs though (when they're good quality translations) since I've been slowly picking up on more and more Japanese biggrin.gif Plus there's less censorship wink.gif FMA is one of my favorite current animes, beaten out only by Naruto laugh.gif

All hail ANBU's fansub team *bow's* lol
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited May 2004
    this is good news.im glad there is confirmation that this is coming over here.the anime is great and from what i hear the game is also...
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (watcher @ May 15 2004,04:51)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"they're releasing these in kinda backwards order here, but oh well.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

What do you mean by backwards?
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GuruClef @ May 15 2004,14:10)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"What do you mean by backwards?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    well, in japan they got the anime first and the game second. over here it's happening the other way around.
    edited May 2004
    Actually, we're gonna get the anime first, in October, then we'll get the game next year.
  • dasro_kastdasro_kast New Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Well, as long as the anime comes out with enough time to watch it before I play the game, I'll be happy smile.gif