If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

E3: Final Fantasy XII Impression

MartyrMartyr MemberFull Members
edited May 2004 in Latest Updates
"Take most everything you know about the Final Fantasy series and forget it. Square Enix, for the most part, took the idea of the standard Final Fantasy battle system and tossed it in the garbage. "
Read the full impression here.

Comments

• watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited May 2004
    "the over two hour demo"

TWO HOUR DEMO?!!! wow.gif I wanna 2 hour demo mad.gif ...PLEEEASE sad.gif
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    demo.... hour.... demo.....2 demo hour...... hour demo.... demo 2......

drools and collapses on his spit
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited May 2004
    of course there is going to be alot of similarities between FFXI and FFXII.im sure there was alot of simultaneous developement going on there wheather they admit it or not.not a bad thing though.im always up for changes in the battle system of new final games.since battles are the core of rpg gameplay it keeps the series fresh when there is changes.
  • SeraphSeraph New Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    The new battle system sounds fun...
    at least, until we ( meaning the people not at E3) get to try it.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited May 2004
    The combat in the FFXII demo at E3 made me think I was playing a MMORPG. Fun, but a little hard to digest at first.

Other disjointed FFXII impressions...

-Fran was so hot.
    -The Judge... quite the imposing villain.
    -The Vagrant Story influence is very apparent.
    -Environment interaction has been changed somewhat, still not sure if it was for the better or not.
    -Fran... bunny ears... no pants...

e3.JPG

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • SafaiaSafaia Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    While I was playing, the guy who was watching to make sure no one took screen shots said someone on Wednesday played for four hours straight. I laughed. XD
  • AletheaAlethea Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"While I was playing, the guy who was watching to make sure no one took screen shots said someone on Wednesday played for four hours straight.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Wow, that's surprising. Not that they played for 4 hours, but that SE allowed them to play for 4 hours. Some booth lackey at Nintendo made me drop LOZ: Four Swords after 10-15 minutes of playtime.

And yes, SE, like most of the developers there, watch their games like hawks. I saw quite a few people get run out of booths for trying to take screens (including a dipwad at SE's booth who ran up and tried to snap a pic of Samurai Legend Musashi over Firemyst's shoulder...the SE rep stopped him quickly).