If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

new look needed!

Master SoraMaster Sora MemberFull Members
edited May 2004 in Site & Forum Support
i hate to say it, but i have used this site for gaming news for a few years now and as long as ive been here, the look to this site hasnt changed. RPGamer, you need a new look.

Comments

• DominoDomino Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    I don't believe Rpgamer needs a new look. It has been alright for this long, and I am happy with it just the way it is.
  • Options
    edited May 2004
    I'm gonna go ahead and put a vote on an image overhaul. I know it takes a crap ton of manpower to completely redesign a website, but the current site is dated and vanilla.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Well.... it could use a new look. It's probably going to take a hell of a time that nobody's got though.
  • Master SoraMaster Sora Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    a new look would be nice. it will bw hard work. buti know they can do it!
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited May 2004

Dracos
    Doesn't understand why people care if a site looks dated if the information is easily readible and well organized.
  • SilentwolfSilentwolf Only Silence Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Personally, I'm happy with the sites look. Well presented, easy to read. Can't complain.
    Every sailor knows the tale
    of those becalmed at sea
    though at peace they can be found
    at peace they never be.
  • Lucid DreamerLucid Dreamer Banned Banned Users
    edited May 2004
    I think that the alleged marble is dreadfully tacky. Get with it. Conforming isn't always bad.
  • agentflitagentflit Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dracos @ May 15 2004,12:12)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"...

Dracos
    Doesn't understand why people care if a site looks dated if the information is easily readible and well organized.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    It's purely aesthetics, of course.
  • ASVASV Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Since I can't say too much on the topic, lest I be smited by the resident dragon, let us just say that... A redesign has been quite thoroughly discussed. As to an outcome on the subject... Well, you'll just have to wait and see, won't you?
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    I'm fine with how it is now.

A change would be just as welcome though, as long as it won't be anything dark and dull... like RPGFan's forum, for example.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited May 2004
    We have some ideas in mind, but there are things that have to happen before we can simply redesign a site of this size. Unlike commerical sites with huge databases, RPGamer grows on many hours of tedious HTML coding. We are working on the database, but everything takes time. smile.gif

We do have some asthetic changes in mind though.. just wait and see, like ASV said. ^^
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • CainEJWCainEJW Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    If I have my say, it will look entirely different. After all, I'm the person behind the E3 and Awards layouts. It's just getting there at this point ;)
  • FF ShinobiFF Shinobi Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    I love the way it is right now, easy on the eyes and quick to load.

It also reminds me of when RPGs ment paper and pencil games.
  • DarkstarDarkstar Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    I like RPGamer just the way it is....... maybe some blue borders though heh...
  • neclordswordneclordsword Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    As long as RPGamer doesn't have the annoyingly long loading times of Gamepro or IGN, I think it's perfect. I don't think that a new look is needed.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited May 2004
    I happen to think the site does indeed need a new look. ? It has looked like this for several years and I for one think it could use a revamp. ?While I don't think the site is hideous by any measure, I have seen sites with better overall visual looks (RPGFan comes to mind). ?I also hope that with the revamp (if it happens) you guys redesign the media pages with thumbnail galleries for game pictures.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business