If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What Happened?

Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forumsFull Members
edited May 2004 in Site & Forum Support
What the heck is happening with RPGamer's forum? The IkonBoard thing in the place of the RPGamer banner and all this purpleness? Is it just with me or a major glitch?
PSN ID: MaxDeltree

Comments

• maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited May 2004
    Glitch with your computer, I think since it looks normal to me. I'll get me a dragon by the tail and see what's goin' on.

Also, if you can please post a screeny then maybe he can help diagnose it. (Dump thy cache too, kk?)

93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • KopopoKopopo Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Looks fine for me.
  • CainEJWCainEJW Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    As far as I know no one has touched the board colors, and right now it looks fine in my browser. More than a glitch on your side.
  • Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forums Full Members
    edited May 2004
    It looks like this:

Purple Rain!
  • KopopoKopopo Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    cache dump NOW
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kopopo @ May 25 2004,23:50)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"cache dump NOW[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    What?
  • CainEJWCainEJW Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Ok, clean out your temporary internet files, then do a hard refresh alt+F5.

You're loading the default skin for IkonBoard instead of the skin for RPGamer. Being I do not see an option for you to change skins, the best option would be the usual avenues. Clean out cache, hard refresh, restart IE, and restart windows. I set the default skin to RPGamer just now, so if you don't see it then it is on your side.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Either a proxy you're using, or your web browser itself has cached the default images of ikonboard from another site. We kept the names, but made our changes to the images. Clearing your cache should take care of it.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited May 2004
    He means "empty your browser's cache"

Here's how to do it.

Netscape/Mozilla: Prefrences, Advanced..hit Clear Cache

IE: Tools/Internet Options, hit Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files

Don't ask me if you're using another browser, sowwy. I don't know.
    My personal page
    edited May 2004
    Thanks Maryadavis for the help. And thank you guys. But... I cleared all the internet temporary files and did the hard refresh and everything is the same. And I never entered another Ikonboard board. The only message boards I enter are RPGamer and VargasBoard DX. That's really strange.
    edited May 2004
    IE, right?

I hate to say it, but you might wanna consider switchin' browsers if this won't go away. Mozilla might just solve your problem. Not to mention it'll block pop ups for ya. We use moz and its baby brother Netscape around here and I've never seen the default skin while I'm browsing the board.

Also, try doin' a adware check.(Get adaware or spybot) Never hurts!

My personal page
    edited May 2004
    Well, thanks again. I think I'll have to use the "ignore a problem until it vanishes" method for now as I'm duing some college works right now. If it doesn't vanish, I'll try to do it. smile.gif