If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Whats your favorite and worst Rpg?

DarkstarDarkstar MemberFull Members
edited June 2004 in Role Playing Games
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE RPGs AND MOST HATED RPGs EVER MADE??? (Cannot name any FINAL FANTASY games!)

Favorite: Shining Force, Phantasy star, suikoden series, Terranigma, WIld arms, and Breath of fire 2

Most Hated: Threads of fate, Breath of fire Dragon quarter, and unlimited saga

Comments

• neclordswordneclordsword Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Oh, come on. These threads have been done so many times before, and half of them seem to say "no final fantasy's".
    Really, in a world of equal opportunity, how can you choose to exclude one series just because it's freakishly popular?
    You might as well say "no mainstream RPG's" either.
  • DarkstarDarkstar Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    its just a plain fact, alot of people that dont play rpgs, know only of Final fantasy type games. and those people are pretty pathetic to think FF games are #1 in Rpg games because of the graphics and same storys that always repeat themselves.
    they should look to expand they're Rpg gaming, not solely on popularity but on well done storys and backgrounds of characters and the world around them. Most people prububly put "no final fantasy games down as an awnser" because of the fact that ff games are a big media known company, i mean most parents know of FF and know its an rpg but know nothing about it. so that no one puts down FF games is simply cause of making the question a little harder and getting your mind to think about other games. I mean unless all you own is ff games then go ahead and put them down...

by the way i love the ff series. Just work with me here.
    edited May 2004
    Yes, but it just seems a little unfair. You could merely discourage the use of Final Fantasy instead of outright banning it.
    Anyway, on with the show!
    Best: Suikoden series, Earthbound, Lufia 2, and that's all I can think of right now.
    Worst: Errmmm...Uh..The 7th Saga! Yes!
  • Final Cloud 0Final Cloud 0 Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    RPGS rock!!!!!!!!!

Fave :disgaea, darkcloud series[Spoil](possible spoiler)^[looking - 3]

Worst : Yoshi's story (AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the mind numbing pain of simplicity)
    edited May 2004
    And i forgot to mention that any one who would exclude final fantasy grom anything ( even a well-balanced healthy breakfast)is final fantasy-ist ( racist to final fantasy)

there i said it...
    edited May 2004
    Uh, excuse me for saying this, but that's a load of bull. Darkstar just confessed to being one of the many FF lovers out there, so how could he be "final fantasy-ist"(I will NEVER say that word again)?
    edited May 2004
    final fantasy-ist?confused.gif?? heh heh ive never heard that before smile.gif heh heh.... and racist? how can i be racist against a game...? does that mean i dont like the japanese cause they make the FF series lol. thats funny.. seeing as though I am a decendant of the japanese. heh heh

and once again i do like no no Love the FF series, 8 is my favorite and 6 also smile.gif squall and Zell are my fav characters and Kefka is my all time fav bad guy... lol fantasy-ist??? lol
  • tha1anonlyblitzace2thamaxtha1anonlyblitzace2thamax Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    hmmmm....my fav has to be.......
    Xenogears!!
    the best story line(a little confusing though...)and the strongest rpg character of all time....fei fong wong
    the worst is probably....
    beyond the beyond....
    ewwwwww....
    i hated that little pink thing too...
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    If there's anything that makes regulars leave this board, it's threads like these. I can't find the words to even DESCRIBE the stupidity of some so called "discussions" going on around here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Worst : Yoshi's story (AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the mind numbing pain of simplicity)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I assume that if you take the role of the frog in Frog Crossing, that would be an RPG as well? Oh yeah, of course.

Whatever.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • SlaideSlaide New Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    I'll name a FF if I want and none of you can do something about it.

Favorite RPG: Final Fantasy 7.

Worst: Brainlord (I tried to like it, I REALLY tried).
  • SevenStarSevenStar Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Darkstar @ May 25 2004,09:00)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"final fantasy-ist?confused.gif?? heh heh ive never heard that before smile.gif heh heh.... ?and racist? ?how can i be racist against a game...? does that mean i dont like the japanese cause they make the FF series lol. thats funny.. seeing as though I am a decendant of the japanese. ?heh heh

and once again i do like no no Love the FF series, 8 is my favorite and 6 also smile.gif ?squall and Zell are my fav characters and Kefka is my all time fav bad guy... lol fantasy-ist??? lol[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Dude the word you're looking for isnt racist thats discriminating against race I think either just discriminating or Anti FF is the word you're looking for
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Best: Final Fantasy X (don't censor me!)

Worst: Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage
  • Liquid IceLiquid Ice Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    im gonna have to say FFVII, i dont care about ur lil no ff rule tounge.gif

least favorite, would have to be orphen or evergrace.
  • EssaEssa New Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Hmm, no picking FF games? Okay, best RPG's: Suikoden II, Dark Cloud 2, The original Wild Arms game.
    Worst? Hmm, that has to be "Beyond the Beyond" why I bought that one (I still have it btw) is beyond me. I guess I was desperate for an RPG and the Playstation only had FFVII and Suikoden out and I'd beaten both of those.

Essa
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Solon @ May 25 2004,08:14)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"If there's anything that makes regulars leave this board, it's threads like these. I can't find the words to even DESCRIBE the stupidity of some so called "discussions" going on around here.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I would like this in six hundred point bold in response to this topic X_X.

Dracos
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited May 2004
    well my name and pic should tell you that FFVI is my favorite of all-time.all else without FF?:

favs:chrono trigger,saga series(except unlimited saga),phantasy star 1-4,valkyrie profile,star ocean series

worst:paladin's quest and breath of fire dragon qtr.
  • -=Magnum-PI=--=Magnum-PI=- Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Favs- Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasys, and Phantasy Stars.

Worst- Obviously FF Mystic Quest. I loved BofF II, but I hated the third one. It started off so well; great graphics, fun missions, cool characters, but as the game came to an end it went severaly down hill. Undoubtedly the worst ending EVER in an RPG. Quest 64 was also horrible, but its not like I beat it anyway.
  • guardianangel98guardianangel98 Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    No final fantasy huh? Thats ok they arent the best RPGs of all time IMO anyway.

Favorite: Lufia series, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Breath of fire (the original one, all the others sucked)

Worst: Chrono Cross, Breath of fire V: Dragon Quarter
  • mr. nailsmr. nails Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    favorites: dragon warrior, phantasy star II, chrono trigger

worst: beyond the beyond, and the tales series.
    [url=\"relaxl.png[/url]
    *Short Video Link in Banner*
  • Ranger1138Ranger1138 Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    I think the major issue with topics like this is that someone will eventually tred on the toes of a title that someone dearly loves. Then hypercritisism explodes throughout the thread and everyone chooses sides and so on.

With that said. ..
    I love Phantasy Star II and I disliked 7th Saga.
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (neclordsword @ May 24 2004,23:47)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Oh, come on. These threads have been done so many times before, and half of them seem to say "no final fantasy's".
    Really, in a world of equal opportunity, how can you choose to exclude one series just because it's freakishly popular?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That's why there's a Final Fantasy Message Board. There are just too many FF fans out there. He just wants to know what else you like besides that series.
  • alldayrpgplayaalldayrpgplaya Member Full Members
    edited June 2004
    Actually my favorite RPG isnt a FF game at all. But Suikoden the first one. i had such a great time playing this game. There was so much going on in the game not to forget recruiting all the stars of destiny. The story rocked and that was more than enough for me.

The worst RPG easily Orphen. Oh man, i hated the game so bad. I didnt like anything about this game at all. sad.gif
  • Evil MechEvil Mech New Member Full Members
    edited June 2004
    Good RPGs:
    Dragon Warrior
    Dragon Warrior2
    Dragon Warrior3
    Dragon Warrior7
    Secret of the Stars
    Final Fantasy Legend3
    Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
    Super Mario RPG
    Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
    Shadow Hearts
    Wild Arms2
    Wild Arms3
    Legend of Legaia
    Legaia2: Duel Saga
    Beyond the Beyond
    Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
    Breath of Fire3
    Breath of Fire4
    Chrono Trigger
    Golden Sun
    Golden Sun: The Lost Age

Bad RPGs:
    Chrono Cross
    Orphen: Scion of Sorcery
    The Bouncer
    Parasite Eve
    Parasite Eve2
    Final Fantasy Legend
    Final Fantasy Legend2
    Final Fantasy7
    Final Fantasy8
    Final Fantasy9
    Final Fantasy10
    Final Fantasy10-2
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
    Grandia
    Grandia2
    Grandia Xtreme
    Kingdom Hearts
    Legend of Dragoon
    Dark Stone
    Quest64
    Eternal Ring
    Lufia and the Fortress of Doom
    Lufia: The Ruins of Lore
    Breath of Fire
    Breath of Fire2
    Breath of Fire5: Dragon Quarter
    Phantasy Star
    Phantasy Star2
    Phantasy Star3
    Xenogears
    Xenosaga
    Vagrant Story
    Star Ocean2

• Shadow XShadow X Member Full Members
    edited June 2004
    Favorite: Almost any 16-bit game made my Square. FF4/FF6/C.Trigger. No fancy graphics will please me.

Least Favorite: FF:Legends series. I tried to play these games. I bought them because fo the FF title. The games annoy the living crap out of me. My first attempt to level up in the first game was on a 26 hour bus trip to Washington DC. I think I made it 30 minutes before I became very upset about having to buy new weapons every other second. I haven't picked any of the series up since (three years)
  • starbladestarblade Member Full Members
    edited June 2004
    Among my favorites would be Chrono cross,chrono trigger,starocean the second story,suikoden2,lunar series,grandia1 and 2,valkyrie profile,xenogears,golden sun,lufia,breath of fire4,vandal hearts,vanguard bandits,Legend of Dragoon

Worst:eternal eyes,hoshigami,arc the lad:tots,and wild arms(the horror)
  • starbladestarblade Member Full Members
    edited June 2004
    Change my mind. Ephemeral Fantasia and Eternal ring are tied for worst rpg's ever unleashed on the video game market. We should sue Konami and Agetec respectively.
  • Shadow XShadow X Member Full Members
    edited June 2004
    Use the edit button next time. Double posting is evil.

I wouldn't think of sueing Konami. They rule.
  • LinkOcarinaManLinkOcarinaMan Member Full Members
    edited June 2004
    tough decision.

Favorite - Either Final Fantasy VI or Suikoden II. I guess I would go with FFVI though since it is on the SNES and I like the SNES more than the PSOne.....lol

Least Favorite - Bard's Tale
    edited June 2004
    Look, i know that i'm retarded on the forums but, i NEVER

called darkstar racist to japs (sorry for the abbreviation)

or final fantasy, and if he/she took any offense to the

aformentioned '' final fantasy-ist '' remark may he/she accept

my deepest apologies.

i just got all worked up over some one not including final

fantasy on a board...

But it's all okay now! you, you see! *swallows ritalin*

Now the happy's back! laugh.gif

edited June 2004
    No prob Final Cloud, i like everyones opinion good or bad! Especially when its rpg based smile.gif plus id like to say that ill never again put no Final fantasy games on any of the forum questions... lol

Oh yeah and i missed putting up Dragon Force as one of my Fav games!

AND DAMNIT WHERES THE REST OF MY SHINING FORCE 3! DAMNIT CAMELOT GET INTO TRANSLATING IT AND PUT It ONTO THE PLAYSTATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( a great game for the Sega saturn but camelot never brought over the whole thing... so that would be determined as a Great and bad game at the same time!)